lady deathwhisper and mana burn

can anyone absolutly confirm that mana burn is double dipping lady deatyhwhispers mana shield? it seems like it is and feels like it is but i cant tell for certain, not seeing a mana burn thing on recount. thanks

Re: lady deathwhisper and mana burn

Well, it should do. The spell itself destroys the mana and does X amount of damage to the person based on the mana burned. The damage from it will also burn mana if they have Mana Shield up.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Why would you mana burn tho? Even if it double dips i dont see it being nearly the same burn as you actualy dpsing

Its not worth mana burning at all, the dps you can put out on her is far greater that the dmg/mana burned with mana burn

well if it is in fact double dipping then its doing around 9k damage to her with each hit, + dots already running on her it is alot more dps then i at least could do to her other wise

Something to possibly keep in mind when heroic modes get relased in a couple months. Maybe it'll find a use there...

As for now, the normal mode is pretty simple...there's no real need to think more in depth than kill adds...dps boss....kill adds...dps boss.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Macco
    Its not worth mana burning at all, the dps you can put out on her is far greater that the dmg/mana burned with mana burn
    Not if you're disc! Fear my mana pool evil boss!

Quote Originally Posted by Macco
    I'm not sure that's exactly true...

I have 25K mana buffed and I can mana burn for a cap of 20% of my max mana, which is 5K. In some parses I did in 10man i was dealing an average of 3.5k damage from the mana burn so that's effectively 8.5K for my 2.3 sec MB cast which turns out to be about 3.7k DPS. This puts it's effectiveness near MF, so I can't see why substituting Mana Burn in for MF is a bad thing... obviously you don't want to spam Mana Burn at the expense of all your spells but there is nothing stopping you using it as a MF replacement.

Now if I were to spec into imp Mana Burn it becomes very useful, something to consider if the heroic mode calls for it.

In short, no need for normal mode, something to consider for heroic mode.

I doubt it Worshaka, because that would call for certain special talent builds, and/or certain class stacking. Blizzard is definitive trying to move away from that path, so even if it works now, the strategy wouldn't work in the long run.

Mana Burn remains for PvP. The days of Zul'Gurub are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I doubt it Worshaka, because that would call for certain special talent builds, and/or certain class stacking. Blizzard is definitive trying to move away from that path, so even if it works now, the strategy wouldn't work in the long run.

Mana Burn remains for PvP. The days of Zul'Gurub are long gone.
    And AQ-20.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, it is realy only 1.5 dipping.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Sort of.

Say you Mana Burn her for 1k damage.

That's 2k mana burned, and 1k damage from it. Mana Shield burns 2 mana for each 1 damage taken (if it is the same as the Mage spell at least) and so that 1000 damage will destroy 2k mana.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account

We tried this last night in our 10 man and I can say that its not worth the time or effort to mana burn. The time it takes to mana burn is 2.5 sec without any haste. To drop it down to 1.5 you have to go at least 17 points in disc which leaves you with 53 points to put into shadow. To gain that 1 second shaved off you would give up talents that would help with your dps which would actually make you do more dmg than you gained from the quicker burn. Also the time it takes to go through all that mana is nearly 10 minutes. If you honestly think you can burn her 13mil mana pool faster with mana burn go for it. I on the other hand will dps. Do more dmg. Which in turn burns her mana faster. And start phase 2 much faster. In the time it takes just to cast mana burn you could have done mind flay and done more dmg and burned more mana from the shield.

A regular rotation is also more keen to allow us to throw a DoT or two on the adds to the sides.

Considering our DoTs now scale and all, I find it actually worth putting up VT/SWP on extra mobs, and it was also manageable in terms of mana.