Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: ICC, first 4 dead, Affliction is just peachy

Quote Originally Posted by gerni
    Tried it out last night and I love it as well. Felhunter was always at full mana and was returning a little over 4k mana to me. One thing I'm debating, however, is finding a way to get a point in Fel Synergy since he seems to be taking a lot of random damage and I have to rely on either health funnel or a nice healer to fill him back up. I'm wondering how much it would affect me to take a point out of the Imp Felhunter talent for a point in Fel Synergy.
    100 dps, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombus
    could anyone post the talent trees used for dps tests?
    55/0/16, with that extra point put into Cataclysm for shadow bolt mana reduction. Google this and you'll find the build, or check out my armory (Gherkin of Rexxar)

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account

As promised

Few things to know:

First two images: Lady Deathwhisper attempts (died before P2 both times)
    Myself and the two hunters were mains. One mage was a main recently returned from an extended afk. The other mage and two shamans are alts. Everyone else was dealing with adds on Deathwhisper. I would refresh Corruption during Eradication to see if the haste would stick. Top image shows my success at maintaining this. Middle shows my failure. You can see for yourself the dps difference.

Note that I'm at 6800, in 245 gear, without Drain Soul Execution.

Bottom image: Marrowgar kill
    I had a Heroism/Eradication Corruption up, but got bonespiked soon after and it wore off. The shamans died early, so I lost the spell power buff. I didn't pay attention and missed out on Drain Soul execution.

Affliction, I missed you. Let us never fight again /cuddle

R.I.P. YARG

Under 25% do you re-roll dots and then drain soul? Or just drain soul all the way?
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Under 25% do you re-roll dots and then drain soul? Or just drain soul all the way?
    Reroll dots. 4% per dot = 16% per dot in execute phase. 1 dot missing is 2000 damage per tick missing.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    1500 dps = All of the above + Bloodlust.
    Just a small point. BL/Hero doesn't actually grant haste, rather it increases casting speed by 30%. In most circumstances (i.e. dd spells) the difference is trivial, but wouldn't 'Quick Decay' be one instance where it isn't?

quick question gherkin why are you using incinerate

also soul siphon is 6% per dot up to 18%

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Just a small point. BL/Hero doesn't actually grant haste, rather it increases casting speed by 30%. In most circumstances (i.e. dd spells) the difference is trivial, but wouldn't 'Quick Decay' be one instance where it isn't?
    Havent had the opportunity to play afflic in a raid yet as im the guilds resident demo, btw my god has my dps gotten so high since yesterday :S I feel so dirty hitting so high and providing such awesome buffs :S

Anyway, On FC tonight heroic 25. We popped hero on the shaman as usual, popped my corr and it had a 9 second duration. After hero faded we were half way through the second mob. I popped my corr up after it faded after hero and my corr duration was 12 seconds. Thus confirming that hero/bl will increase the haste value determined within corr.

As I already said, i havent had the pleasure to play afflic yet. But using my own logic, if you apply corruption with all the haste increasing effects it will potentially put you close to the haunt CD which if you miss it, and corr drops off you lose all them lustful effects that made your corr so damn hot... Haunt is a 8 second cd, hero brought my corr to 9 secs (with 240haste from spellstone) but without the likes of potion of speed etc. So that imo is definitely something you should consider when beggin your RL to pop hero/BL at the start of the fight. Lets say you have a fight with a large amount of adds, ensuring you keep a 9 second corrup up on the main target will not be the easiest of tasks. Ofc its potentially possible, but these hard numbers will be entirely based on the mechanics of the encounter.

Although in sayin that, how awesome is the glyph eh?!

This is how the glyph is working for me, my duration is reduced for my corr. Not the time between ticks. Or maybe its both? been too busy to review my logs from tonight compared to last week

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthal
    quick question gherkin why are you using incinerate

also soul siphon is 6% per dot up to 18%
    Deathwhisper has a curse that increases the cooldown of any spell by 15 seconds. This means shadow bolt was on cooldown 15 seconds. I need to cast something :P

R.I.P. YARG

isnt it a better idea to channel drain soul then untill shadow bolt gets off cd?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gnum
    Not a lock buuuuut, isn't deathwhisper an add fight and so wouldn't Affl benefit more from that over Dest and Demo? And for Marrowgar any time spent moving is a bigger loss for Demo and Dest while Affl's dots are still ticking away. Just saying, feel free to ignore the deathtard :< I just want it to be EU realm time :<
    You'd think, but affliction is best as single target.

Edit: I specced affliction yesterday and tested it on a dummie, I reached 5100 DPS with self buffs only (but most tries I was on 4900-5000 DPS). Can anyone else maybe post numbers they get on dummies?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzygnome
    isnt it a better idea to channel drain soul then untill shadow bolt gets off cd?
    On a target over 25%, no. Incinerate hits harder.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh
    You'd think, but affliction is best as single target.

Edit: I specced affliction yesterday and tested it on a dummie, I reached 5100 DPS with self buffs only (but most tries I was on 4900-5000 DPS). Can anyone else maybe post numbers they get on dummies?
    in 232s and 245s I'm hitting more or less exactly the same dps in both specs on dummies, i know aff has better scaling so i'd guess that if you're better geared than i am aff's going to start to edge it, though i'd say the difference between the two is only going to figure on a per encounter basis.

So basicly... a lock version of the dk "Rolling Diseases"?

Aflliction right now is pretty nasty, way better then destro for the first wing of icc (except of saurfang when you can go destro/shadowfury to deal with the adds).
    On Lady Deathwhisper i was able to pull an 7.9k dps without using potion of speed/power infusion and had to handle a silence, 2 add, and many vengeful spirit in part 2 so i didn't use drain soul a lot. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6265&e=6667
    Next time i'll try with all up, i bet you can pull around 9k dps with a bit of luck.
    Overall is a great spec, i just hope they don't fix/change the haste thing on corruption becouse that's the mainly source of our new dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

Quote Originally Posted by Krazen
    i just hope they don't fix/change the haste thing on corruption becouse that's the mainly source of our new dps.
    Already been hotfixed.
    See mmoc front page.

and that's the end of affliction as a viable raiding spec, at least till you have icc haste equip. that's make me sad becouse i love affli, but you know a bad dps in his favorite spec is not worth a good dps in a spec he doesn't like.
    no qq or anger from me, i'm just sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

No matter what I'll stay affliction. I can't stand destro anymore >

Quote Originally Posted by Krazen
    and that's the end of affliction as a viable raiding spec, at least till you have icc haste equip. that's make me sad becouse i love affli, but you know a bad dps in his favorite spec is not worth a good dps in a spec he doesn't like.
    no qq or anger from me, i'm just sad.
    Hyperbole much ?
    C'mon, can't you guys be satisfied with something once in a while ? It was a bug, every lock with a bit of common sense saw it coming before it was live. And it only brings Affliction down on par with other dps classes, that's not what I'd call a dead spec... God it still has the best scaling values of all the three trees !

10+ Year Old Account

Besides, if warlocks as a whole are way behind the other pure classes when we get more ICC geared, a buff would prolly happen. I know thats not comforting at all, but if you're a good player and you have a guild/raid leader thats not completly ignorant, he'll know if warlocks DPS suffers in general and not descard you. (Unless you play in the very top guilds like Ensidia and Premonition etc)

15+ Year Old Account

Affliction is still better than Destruction if you know how to play the spec, but not by much.

All three specs could use a boost and it will happen eventually (I'm thinking January still)

R.I.P. YARG