Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: ICC, first 4 dead, Affliction is just peachy

Keep in mind if your using Recount to check your dps it is broken right now.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/recount.aspx

You shouldn't post a screenshot to prove a point about dps, as it can't be considered as proof. You need a parse of the fight's full duration. A screenshot can be an indication of a high peek, which obviously isn't that special.

Upload your combat log and see what it shows
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

15+ Year Old Account

Please let this thread die, I don't want to deal with people who can't read dates posting "but its bugged lol"

Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla
    This is not a attempt to flame you. Its just damn anoying to see you write all this "opinions" of yours about things that you cant really have a opinion about its either wrong and or its right. Yours are wrong on many very important point but you act like you know what you are talking about which really isnt good for this community so please stop it.
    I don't claim to be more than I am - someone who knows a lot about the game. Am I right all the time? hell no. Do people put me on a pedestal when I don't deserve it? yes.

My opinions come from playing this game a very long time, and being willing to settle for less than optimal if it suits the situation. I recommend this on numerous occasions because for most people there are more things to fix that are worth more than a minor upgrade, such as boss-player interaction. This pisses off a lot of people who subscribe to the "X IS BEST, Y IS FAIL" methodology. This is fine, but does not capture every facet of every situation. I try to be more broad in my scope.

This is the Internet - there are no emotions in my words when you read them, you place the emotions there yourself. If I sound like an elitist, then I have failed at what I'm trying to do here. If I sound like I'm self righteous or full of myself and my so-called fame, then that is what you are reading and not what I am typing. I come here during my work time, time where I could be improving myself and my capabilities as a human being, to help people out and disseminate information that I have about my class. Too many people bitch, not enough people help. I could fuck off and go be self-productive, but I enjoy what I do, and never intend to be more than helpful.

I'm sorry you don't see that, but I welcome any disagreements if you can keep it civil, which by the post I am responding to indicates that you can.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by blablablablablabla
    This is not a attempt to flame you. Its just damn anoying to see you write all this "opinions" of yours about things that you cant really have a opinion about its either wrong and or its right. Yours are wrong on many very important point but you act like you know what you are talking about which really isnt good for this community so please stop it.
    dude who are you to talk ive been reading and using gherks thread post since wotlk came out and he (as far as the warlock "community" goes) is by far one of the most helpful locks on any forum. so get a clue and stfu

Gherkin touched me in my special area! :O

But yeh in all seriousness, alot of people see intelligent/helpful people as a threat. When they see someone offer help, or give there opinion normally the person recieving the help considers this person to be "full of themselves". although alot of people would fit in that category that i can think of, i dont see gherkin as one of them. He offers his opinion on a public forum where positive opinions count for something. Although I feel I have learnt enough about this game to allow me to make my own judgements on any aspect of my character. I know that I dont know all the answers. I know that no1 on these forums knows all the answers. However, pushing someone around on the forums claiming they are full of themselves etc. will not get you anywhere. IMO if gherkin was to reconsider posting an idea I know that about 90% of people who read these threads will be disappointed. I know alot about my char, im terrible at expressing opinions. I dont try, when posting a comment make myself out to know all etc. Just like gherkin, who has a larger knowledge of his class and also an express his opinions in a much better way.

I guess this doesnt just apply to simply gherkin, there has been many intelligent locks make extremely good threads/posts. But it only takes one idiot to make these people look bad.