Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Healing priest in 3.3 raiding... What's your assesment?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberbands
    Well with regards to Morrowgar (25) it seems that the fight isn't so cool for holy priests. P1 is pretty much a patchwerk of three tanks getting hit at the same time and obviously we dont do well in that department. P2 is relatively trivial compared to P1, but with everyone having to spread out so much and the movement trees are probably better suited for this. Yes prom keeps going in bone storm, but COH doesnt seem to be able to "catch" an area nicely
    Should be a Patchwerk of two bosses getting hit, maybe heroic will need three but we had 0 problems with 2 and 1-shot him.

AFAIK healing assignments didn't change with the patch, we had nothing really special change and so I couldn't see how assignments would change either.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

So, yesterday night we went back to Saurfang and changed a little bit the positionning of raid members. Instead of trying to be 1per12 yards, we made packs of 2.

Healing was easier, less marks overall and we one-shotted him. But still a very stressfull fight in the end, when more and more people are getting marks.

And as Danner said, yes, a lot of flash heals during all fights!

We also beat down Saurfang yesterday.

But our dpsers still suck at changing targets. As a result, we had 10 marks going at the end, I still have no idea how we managed to heal all of that.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Key points: Flash Heal was the most used heal for the night. This annoyed me, as my flash heal is weak. But spot single target healing was the order of the day, and I am suddenly a bit less sceptic towards the T10 set bonuses. Still... it's yet another dungeon (so far) very much not tailored to the priest healing style.
    This is an interesting point and I think it may be worth revisiting the value of Empowered Healing vs. Blessed Resilience. Looking at my Spreadsheet, I calculated that a 5/5 & 0/3 build is only superior in terms of throughput to a 2/5 & 3/3 at 3.5k SP if Flash Heal + Binding Heal + Greater Heal consists of more than half of one's healing output. However, at 4k SP, which is totally achieveable with a couple ICC upgrades, if it makes up just 45% of your Healing, EH wins out point for point.

Looking at my combat parses, those spells consisted just over 40% of my healing on the kills compared to around 25% on a recent ToGC parse. So, just from a point of sheer efficiency, Empowered Healing looks like it may be getting close to, that turn point. Moreover, with the spot healing, I think having a more potent Flash Heal might do more to help save lives as well. So, it looks to me like Empowered Healing may be a talent that, depending on how the remaining encounters work out, may be worth some amount of reconsideration.

Quote Originally Posted by smeedsc
    edit: I see alot of you mentioning "flash heal" I do use it as holy, with surge of light procs, often to get up serpendipity for a hasted POH, but for the little spot healing and people with spikes ect, I really think an empowered renew would be what i'd be casting, insta cast, insta 2-3k heal, ticking along for what? an easy 10k + healing? Proccing surge of light? not to blanket a raid with it like the druids do, but to spot heal with it, especially when there is scattered damge, I think woudl be really effective.
    Renew was useful on Marrowgar, I'd cast one on each Impale target and throw them around on the move in Phase 2, but I still found use for Flash Heal on the tanks and helping out on Impale targets after they already have a Renew and it's being outpaced. On Deathwhisper, Renew isn't useful at all, except to keep on the tanks or when I was moving. There's just tons of spike damage going out and people need to be topped up right away so Renew just isn't very useful for that. Finally, Saurfang, Renew is great for Boiling Blood and Marks, but Renew barely makes a dent in Marks especially after 30%, so I'd try to keep Renew on the Mark targets but still end up doing a fair number of Flash Heals. So, Deathwhisper probably skewed the numbers higher than they otherwise may have been, but I still found I was using Flash Heal more than I've been used to, especially since Flash Heal was barely used in ToC except on Jaraxxus and FC.