Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Mage Dps in ICC25m

Is anyone else disappointed with our dps potential in ICC25m? It seems like every class had significant buffs that led to huge jumps in their overall dps, including Dks (QQ)...I was just curious if anyone else noticed how hybrids where leaping past us in dps? Kinda sad at the fact tbh. Hopefully this isn't the real case and its just getting used to the fights.

*edit: before any ZOMG you is bad flames, we run 1 TTW/FB and 1 Arcane (me) mages and we have mostly BiS gear. Oh and we also cleared all 4 bosses with only 2 wipes.

Re: Mage Dps in ICC25m

my guild atm doesnt have a ttw/fire mage and i am still runnin some uld pieces and wep and im 2nd and 3rd almost every attempt so far
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

10+ Year Old Account

u just suck, thats all, our mages are in top five on DPS almost every fight, top usualy rogs, then mages/feral druids. followed by eveyone else

talking TOTGC raids ofcuz, havent been to ICC yet
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens
    u just suck, thats all, our mages are in top five on DPS almost every fight, top usualy rogs, then mages/feral druids. followed by eveyone else

ROFL... he is talking particularly about ICC25 fights... not ToGC... gtfo with your reading comprehension.

@ OP, yes I noticed a significant jump in dmg for the warlocks and spriest. Now I actually have to play well to be in the top5 rather than be guaranteed that in ToGC

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzor
    Is anyone else disappointed with our dps potential in ICC25m?
    I counter with simulationcraft

Now you present something that somehow show that mages would have poor potential.

In all honesty, if you were behind the rest of the dps, and you have good gear, you probably just performed poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens

L2Read please...btw Grand Crusader Mizzor pretty sure i don't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    I counter with simulationcraft

Now you present something that somehow show that mages would have poor potential.

In all honesty, if you were behind the rest of the dps, and you have good gear, you probably just performed poorly.
    Well i can't say we are stacked for optimal caster performance, we are a melee heavy guild but single target i was blowing shit away, I'm just saying on some fights it seemed that hybrids had an advantage with their new aoe and revamped talents

15+ Year Old Account

The fights are new, so any class can top the meters for the moment. Usually the guy wins who isn't standing on fire and has overall knowledge about his surroundings and what's happening. We can talk about "real" dps differences later, when people know the fights etc. But on the other hand, at that point individual DPS is quite irrelevant if your guild can farm the bosses :P As far as mages go, they should be in reasonably good standing right now. No reason to QQ about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account

Well i can't say we are stacked for optimal caster performance, we are a melee heavy guild but single target i was blowing shit away, I'm just saying on some fights it seemed that hybrids had an advantage with their new aoe and revamped talents
    From that statement I assume, that you are playing as Arcane? Arcane never has been a great AoE spec. Why don't you test out the new changes in Fire tree, spec to all of the AoE talents and whore some damage, if that's really the thing that matters to you.
    Some classes, eg. DK's, do very heavy AoE dmg, but if you compare their single target dmg versus, say, an arcane mage, the difference is huge. It's all up to the balance of your raid. Some guys might win the meters by doing that heavy AoE, but great single target DPS is always needed. So the DK's are doing their job by contributing the AoE dmg needed, and you can contribute by doing your job, which in this case would be the superior single target DPS to the boss.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Well that's what dual spec is for. If you want good aoe on aoe heavy fights, do what you did on anub and go ffb. It's even better now after the patch.

Deleted

LOL you want MORE Dps?

Holy shit. I've seen mages hit like 9k using arcane missles and arcane blast over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    LOL you want MORE Dps?

Holy shit. I've seen mages hit like 9k using arcane missles and arcane blast over and over.
    Pretty sure I never said I wanted more dps, just pointing out how much shamans, warlocks, and yes even dk's got lots of love in the patch, which in turn increased their dps significantly. I'm not QQ'n that omg now they are better or anything like that, I was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar experience with mage dps in Icecrown. Be gone Troll!

this post is useless, some mages do top dps some hybrids do top dps.

It's all about the players some are better then others live with it mate.
    Mage didn't need a buff some classes needed a fix maybe it's that you're feeling the others got fixed not really buffed

Check your up times, usually when new raids hit up time falls, which effects arcane mage dps more than anyother class. Compare that with your ToGC up time, and if it still is lack luster please provide SS and other information. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sponske
    this post is useless, some mages do top dps some hybrids do top dps.

It's all about the players some are better then others live with it mate.
    Mage didn't need a buff some classes needed a fix maybe it's that you're feeling the others got fixed not really buffed
    Why hello there Troll! Thank you for making a completely useless response and not contributing one bit to the actual conversation, other than stating your opinion about nothing. Please all you trolling classes that are not mages, who insist on coming into the mage forums and posting useless crap and not even reading the actual thread...stay out of our forum, kthnx.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't complaining about other classes, just stating obvious observations of what I saw, and I was wondering what other MAGES saw (hence the whole reason I posted it in the mage forum). Oh and I qoute "I was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar experience with mage dps in Icecrown." So for all you amazing Trolls living under that bridge please put your coke bottles on a little tighter next time you are trolling through the mage forums and actually read what is being said.

I havent raided yet.. but i still hit 5.7k in the ICC heroics.. So imo mages are fine..

Also..

Oh and we also cleared all 4 bosses with only 2 wipes.
    Whats that got to do with anything?

L2Read please...btw Grand Crusader Mizzor pretty sure i don't suck
    Okay we get it.. your E-peen is long.. now stop flashing it kk?

Quote Originally Posted by sarethen
    LOL you want MORE Dps?

You do realize, staying in the arcane tree we only have 3 spells to begin with, Arcane Barrage being a turd of a 51pt talent, AB and AM is all we use because it's all Blizz gave us...

If im specced arcane im not going to be throwing fireballs or frostbolts...

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    I havent raided yet.. but i still hit 5.7k in the ICC heroics.. So imo mages are fine..

Also..
    Whats that got to do with anything?

Okay we get it.. your E-peen is long.. now stop flashing it kk?
    The reason I posted that is that several guilds couldn't even kill half the new bosses in ICC25m and I didn't want ppl saying omg you suck cause you don't know what you are actually talking about. I was simple placing a sample out there letting people know the experience I had with all four boss fights. I was also not flaunting my epeen, although I guess to you (since you posted against) it must feel like I am. I was only trying to establish that I'm not some brand new player that thinks they are a god at dps cuz they can top situational meters in a sub-par guild. Experience with fights has a lot to do with knowledge base. Establishing where I fall as a raid felt necessary to avoid as much trolling as possible, but as you proved me wrong, GG Master Troller Wizie.

We cleared the 4 bosses in 25ICC last night and were running 3 mages, we are usually right near each other on the DM and usually between spots 1 and 6. There's a decent amount of dps competition between us also that helps our damage.

Last night I did notice that other classes were doing much better than previously, had a rog that ended Saurfang at close to 10k, which is a focus target fight. Noticed the locks doing better than usual as well as DKs.

The 3 of us were bunched together as usual but this time occupying slots 6-12 on fights. I do attribute some of that to getting the feel for the fight, and that some classes roles were better suited to certain fights, but there was a significantly noticeable difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizie
    OH yea, I love how you haven't raided yet, but your opinion on raiding matters so much. Thanks for running the easiest heroics blizzard has ever made and saying dps is great. Heroics are by no means a gauge for determining dps. I ran the lolheroics too...pulling 7-8.5k on almost every boss so did our hunter and the DK wasn't far behind. Heroics hold zero impact on anything considering fights don't last longer than 30-40 seconds. Like seriously, I don't have to move if we have a good enough healer, I don't have to push more than 1 button if I don't want to and still pull amazing dps...LOL gg at showing how much of a troll that you really are. Now please go away or post something that actually matters...oh idk, maybe since the discussion is on ICC25man not ICC heroics post something about that or maybe don't say shit since you have zero experience on the subject...but w/e keep being bad and not contributing one tiny bit to our mage forum.