Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Mage Dps in ICC25m

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    I counter with simulationcraft

Now you present something that somehow show that mages would have poor potential.

In all honesty, if you were behind the rest of the dps, and you have good gear, you probably just performed poorly.
    and thats just simcraft
    i know for a fact that the so called "poorest dps" in that list is runing around 10-11k dps in an actual fight
    (blood dk) so total bs at least dk wise

(the only dps able to put out more dps than him in an actual fight is mutilate rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by fl4shi
    and thats just simcraft
    i know for a fact that the so called "poorest dps" in that list is runing around 10-11k dps in an actual fight
    (blood dk) so total bs at least dk wise

(the only dps able to put out more dps than him in an actual fight is mutilate rogue)
    On what fight? Also consider your dk may be better than the rest of your players or just have better gear (itemization counts). If your rogues are mut and being beaten on saurfang by anything, they are doing it wrong. I don't know what other fight they could possibly be pulling 11k in...so...

Anyway, proof or stfu?

hmm well many things have been said but i wanted 2 add a few points of view.

1) Simcraft: LoL my main is a hunter and that simcraft sv built uses Arcane shot (to you mages its like if u would Arcane Explosion on bosses) >> this simcraft data is worth jacknothing.

2) ToGC>>ICC transition: Tot/gc was a really really nice playground for mages due to various bossmechanics wich favoured you there by alot (mentioned more detailed on the prev pages)

3)ICC in general: Currently we have 1/3 of the possible encounters killed and most of them we prolly didnt shine that much due to learning the encounters(new bossfights affect basic dmg output of different classes in different ways) . Obviously 2 of the 4 fights heavily favour melee dps as its just a "stand and nuke" fight for them.
    Any other ranged dps has to execute various tasks wich will obviously lower your dps. Lady D will be interesting on HM i guess but the first 50% are comparable with RS in Uld and yeah well, Gunshit is the new FC/FL when it comes to dmgmeters.
    That aside we yet still have to face the other 66% of the instance to draw a conclusion about classbalance in icc at all so i guess this post was abit early for any comment about class x and icc.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

rogues and hunters are far in the lead (of overall damage done) when it comes to ICC Bosses.

EDIT:
    and with all the target switching, I can't imagine fire doing well... although fire is AWESOME for the gunship fight (LB Spam)

Well I'm not sure how well hunters are supposed to be doing. Usually I'm topping the meters with a really good rogue in our guild. But I know for a fact that it has nothing to do with how 'skilled' I am, but more with how skilled the others are.
    Our cat druid does really well too, but on fights with too much movements he falls behind due to the fairly complicated rotation. (kinda like an aff lock rotation, but from melee range) One of our mages is awesome too btw. He's kinda low on damage due to add swapping I guess.

Rule of the thumb in togc used to be that if you were topping as a warlock, it meant others were slacking. This might also be true for icc. But it might also not be. I noticed mages aren't doing as well as in toc. Then again, you were OP in toc, with all the mage favouring gimmicks.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Yea I agree with this, I play a pretty geared mage, and I'm kind of sad that rogues, and DK's are able to top our DPS now, atleast in our guild, I still stay on top though, probably 60% of the time I'm 1st dps . Unfortunatly I don't know how to get any more dps lol, I guess it's gear only seeing as I have two buttons to press and I've mastered that skill.....

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=%C3%90rachen

Not sure if this has already been mentioned since ive only read the first mage but, what's your raid composition like? If you're missing certain buffs crucial to your DPS... Then you're obviously going to drop. Personally, I feel quite low on DPS compared to other classes. My gear's pretty average (will provide link in a minute) and I put out 6.1k on Lady Deathwhisper 25. As soon as I saw that number for that kind of boss, I started to wonder. Another thing ive been thinking about is that every fight in ToC buffed a mages DPS in some way (Apart from Anub & FC obviously). Northrend beasts had the crit multiplier on Icehowl, Jaraxxus spellsteal buff & Twins had orbs + crit multipliers. So if you're comparing that DPS to the DPS you're getting now, you will see a huge difference.

This is the first real raid in months where it actually requires a decent amount of skill to achieve high DPS in fight. Top DPSers in my guild atm are Hunters and Rogues. Then we have a druid, DK and then us mages. Just before you say "learn your rotation then you can actually put out decent DPS" us mages were hitting 11-12k in ToC 25s.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=G%C3%A9phet
    Omén, Human Mage - Blade's Edge EU.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Om%C3%A9n