Random Dungeon EoF Bug

So I'm downloading the patch and I am on vent and a Guildie is telling me that you can get two Emblems of Frost if you do the Random Dungeon System for a heroic...
    He said it's bugged currently and they are meant to convert to Triumphs after the first Heroic but they are staying as Emblems of Frost and people on our realm are already running around with 25+ Emblems of Frost just from the heroics.

I'm assuming they will fix this soon, but will Blizzard convert all those Emblems to triumphs?
    Thoughts?

Re: Random Dungeon EoF Bug

sup bainz you nerd

apparently it happens every so often but it's not guaranteed, so don't count on it

they probably will, though i dont know if they have any way of knowing whether you got the badges from the random heroic or the icc raid. the most frost you should have in 1 week right now is 26 i believe (10 from random heroic, and 8 each from 25man and 10man IC, i think) so if it takes 7 days or less to fix the bug i can see them chopping people down to that number (unless they know which bosses you've killed in IC / how many "daily" random heroics you did and can figure it out that way)

I hope they do take away all of them, I basically am never on WOW until I'm raiding...

They will let people keep them.

There was a similar issue with WG several months ago where you could keep doing it over and over and over for days and get marks. We got to keep them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xun
    They will let people keep them.

There was a similar issue with WG several months ago where you could keep doing it over and over and over for days and get marks. We got to keep them.
    sorry... but what? isn't that the way it's supposed to go >_>

attend wintergrasp, win or lose you get either 3 or 1 marks respectively... so you can do it every time every day and walk out with marks... i honestly have no idea what you're on about with this post =\

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    sorry... but what? isn't that the way it's supposed to go >_>

attend wintergrasp, win or lose you get either 3 or 1 marks respectively... so you can do it every time every day and walk out with marks... i honestly have no idea what you're on about with this post =\
    It bugged out and would reset after the battle was won or lost, no 2.5 hours of waiting time for new one to begin. At least that was the case on my server, like 20 marks in few hours, give or take. Haven't stuck around for too long to find out if it ended or not.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, it would boot people from the world server and when you logged back in WG was in contest again, 30 mins remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    I hope they do take away all of them, I basically am never on WOW until I'm raiding...
    "I hope they fix this bug because other people who play more than me are going to get more stuff then me!!! QQ I hate it when people are better than me."

Sucks for you. I got several dozen and made 20k+ buying and reselling Primordial Saronites from people who didn't know what they were used for.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

"I hope they fix this bug because other people who play more than me are going to get more stuff then me!!! QQ I hate it when people are better than me."
    You are cheating the system, and here you think you are smart? Honestly, I wonder why Blizz havent banned those deliberately run Heroic nonstop on that day knowing they would get Frost instead of Triumph bagdes reward. You cant say you didnt know that was exploiting if you had like 100 frost in only 1 day after the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aks
    they probably will, though i dont know if they have any way of knowing whether you got the badges from the random heroic or the icc raid. the most frost you should have in 1 week right now is 26 i believe (10 from random heroic, and 8 each from 25man and 10man IC, i think) so if it takes 7 days or less to fix the bug i can see them chopping people down to that number (unless they know which bosses you've killed in IC / how many "daily" random heroics you did and can figure it out that way)
    Nah you made a mistake, I've only done 10 man ICC and I have 25 frost badges already and I haven't abused any bugs.

Random daily x3 = 6 badges
    ICC 10 = 8 badges
    New 5 man quests = 2 badges x3 = 6 badges
    Weekly raid quest = 5 badges
    6+8+6+5 = 25

The max for one week excluding non-repeatables is ICC = 8 x2 = 16, weekly raid = 5, random daily = 2x7 = 14, so 35

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas
    You are cheating the system, and here you think you are smart? Honestly, I wonder why Blizz havent banned those deliberately run Heroic nonstop on that day knowing they would get Frost instead of Triumph bagdes reward. You cant say you didnt know that was exploiting if you had like 100 frost in only 1 day after the patch.
    Considering that Blizz actually tossed bans at people that abused the free T6 Resto Shammy gear bug by buying them and sharding them to flood Void Crystals into the market, I'd say bans will be coming for them as well.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie

Sucks for you. I got several dozen and made 20k+ buying and reselling Primordial Saronites from people who didn't know what they were used for.

Thank you for the heads up, Blutritter. You are correct in that this is not how Emblems of Frost are intended to be distributed. At this point, our staff are aware of this issue and investigating. It is not clear what will occur with the Emblems of Frost that have already been accrued, but it is probably best to ignore them for now.

As long as you don't actively make use of those emblems, it is very unlikely that anything untoward will occur regarding an account suspension. I hope that eases your mind on the subject a bit?

from the american customer support forum. It either means "Don't spend them and we won't ban your account" or "We are just going to ignore this" from what I can tell. Considering what a git you sound like, I am hoping it is the first one.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You guys are acting like this is real life. Sure in a real life situation, if there was an ATM that was giving too much money by accident, sure, yes we would report it because it would be taking some money from innocent people. But in the sense of WoW, we are doing no one any harm. And btw, on my realm the Frost Emblem bug was so common that basically everyone was farming it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

I would love to make money off this bug, but its only working for like every one out of fifty people. Boo for me :-(
    http://theeminent.guildzilla.com/
    Come visit us on the Eminent - Lothar homepage!