Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Core Hound Pup, Icecrown Gating, Blue posts

You have NOT to buy an Authenticator, the free one from the AppStore works aswell!

No you just have to buy an Iphone witch I'm sure most people can just pull the money out for any where for a pet.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

You can use the free, PC version...

That's an awful video of the core hound pup. It actually goes through at least 4 different idle animations--off the top of my head, I can remember digging, begging (as shown here), rolling over, and tossing a bone in the air and catching it. It does these VERY frequently, on a much shorter idle timer than most pets. It's by far the best pet I've seen, and I have 109 pets (and I hate dogs, to boot, so that I love this cute little guy is a great sign they did something right designing him).

By the way, the mobile authenticator has been available for more models than the iPhone for months now. If my 4 year old crappy little Sony Ericsson flip phone supports it, I'm sure there's a great chance yours does to.

Even if you have to pay for one, $6 *including* shipping... That's a pittance for nearly complete peace of mind. There's honestly no reason NOT to use an authenticator. I'm surprised so many people still aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorf
    The length of the gate has absolutely nothing to do with letting players focus on the other content, or the holidays. It's about the release date of Cataclysm, pure and simple. Stretching the gating out this far means we won't see Cata until next Fall at the earliest.
    I agree with the first part but I think it's just that they don't have the content DONE yet. They haven't tested fully the rest of the raid yet wanted to get something out quickly (for blizzard) to make it look like they were on top of things. Anyone who is honestly expecting Cataclysm before fall of 2010 is deluding themselves anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by playersup
    My choice of not playing WoW until Cataclysm seems an excellent choice

Just before Cataclysm comes out i can see IceCrown all in one go without this shit gate system and kill the Lich King.
    Gear wont matter by that time since it will be gear reset in Cataclysm. And i will have saved $200? in subscription fees.

I pity you fools who are addicted to this crap
    You could just watch youtube videos instead, if you dont want to actually do something.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    Nerdrage much?

When you hit 80, you are pretty much covered in iLvl 175-200 blue items. Becoming Heroic ready should be a matter of few hours...

And where did you get the "ages" part from? You know nothing about the required iLvl, but decide to rant anyway?

Idiot...
    /facepalm

Ok, I had to edit my reply after looking this over some more. Sure, you can get a lot of gear from i175 to i200, but it takes a ton of gold to buy the mats or items in the AH. This is not possible for most players. Not everyone is good at making money, nor care to try to do so.

I have a re-roll guild, so I went through an actually did research to see what kind of gear is available outside of heroics for them to work on. You can get full ilevel 175 to 200 without stepping foot into heroics, especially with Argent Tournament, Trail of the Champion and now Frozen Halls. However, it takes a ton of gold and a lot of time to get all that gear.

Here is a list of gear by slot you can get outside of heroics for a melee dpser:

Head:
    Spiked Titansteel Helm - Blacksmithing
    Helm of the Violent Fray - Trial of the Champion (normal)
    Fang-Deflecting Faceguard - Argent Crusade (revered)

Neck:
    Titanium Impact Choker - Jewelcrafting

Shoulder:
    Spaulders of the Giant Lords - Sons of Hodir (revered)
    Pauldrons of the Lightning Revenant - drop in HoL Normal

Cloak:
    Drape of the Undefeated - Trial of the Champion (normal)
    Ice Striker's Cloak - Leatherworking
    Cloak of Bloodied Waters - BoE (AH)

Chest:
    Breastplate of the Imperial Joust - Trial of the Champion (normal)
    Breastplate of Jagged Stone - quest reward (HoL)
    Wing Commander's Breastplate - drop from The Oculus (normal)

Wrist:
    Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress - BoE (AH)
    Vengeance Bindings - Blacksmithing

Hands:
    Gauntlets of the Stouthearted Crusader - Trial of the Champion (normal)
    Gauntlets of The Culling - quest reward, Culling of Stratholme (normal)

Waist:
    Girdle of Arrogant Downfall - Trial of the Champion (normal)
    Spiked Metal Cilice - drop, Culling of Stratholme (normal)

Legs:
    Legplates of Bloody Reprisal - Exalted with Wyrmrest Accord
    Ancient Royal Legguards - drop, UP last boss

Feet:
    Spiked Titansteel Treads - Blacksmithing

Rings:
    Titanium Impact Band - Jewelcrafting
    Uruka's Band of Zeal - Trial of the Champion (normal)

Trinket:
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness - AH or Trade chat buy
    Crusader's Locket - quest reward
    Titan-Forged Rune of Determination - PvP - buy with 25 Wintergrasp Mark of Honor
    First Mate's Pocketwatch - quest reward, Howling Fjorde zone (The Jig is Up)

Weapon:
    Titansteel Destroyer - Blacksmithing
    De-Raged Waraxe - Quest reward, Gundrak zone
    Dreadlord's Blade - drop, Culling of Stratholme (normal)

Report this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nenormalen
    You can use the free, PC version...
    Where do you get the PC/Desktop version of the authenticator? The mobile version ain't compatible with my phone and blizzard doesn't ship the device to my country

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xentropy
    Even if you have to pay for one, $6 *including* shipping...
    well here in europe its at least 10€ with shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus

Ok, I had to edit my reply after looking this over some more. Sure, you can get a lot of gear from i175 to i200, but it takes a ton of gold to buy the mats or items in the AH. This is not possible for most players. Not everyone is good at making money, nor care to try to do so.
    So your main annoyance here is you dont care for making gold nor trying too so you want blizz to hand you out epics and you not too make any effort at all? Wow couldnt be anymore 'epics for all' these days if it tried and your qq'ing its a crap system and to difficult? If its all too much effort and you dont care too make an effort, dare i ask why you play?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kaillus

I have a re-roll guild, so I went through an actually did research to see what kind of gear is available outside of heroics for them to work on. You can get full ilevel 175 to 200 without stepping foot into heroics, especially with Argent Tournament, Trail of the Champion and now Frozen Halls. However, it takes a ton of gold and a lot of time to get all that gear.

OR they could use the new LFD system as they are leveling 70-80 and get emblems anyhow and have a full t9 set waiting for them when they hit 80. Why people are complaining about easy as all get out to receive emblems and loot is completely beyond me, but then these are the people that expect that they should just get epics in the mail since they decided to take 5 seconds and log into the game.

Its a VERY forgiving system. Pretty much, if you are a current level 80 player now, if you can't, even on a VERY casual schedule, manage to get a full t9 set in about a month or so...then you fail. Especially since 12 heroics will net you roughly 72 emblems (2 for using the LFD tool, average of 4 per Heroic)

28 days is clearly just because it's holiday season. Other gates will be more like 2 weeks.

I hope 28 days is just because of Christmas. If the other gates are as long. It would be nice to get some foresight from Blizzard so we can play other games for a while. :/

BTW anyone with a IPod Touch can get a authenticator, I have had mine on since it came out for mobile and I got my pet in the mail when I logged in last night! It’s a really cool little core hound.

The whole gear system to get in to the LFD is really nice if you ask me, I enjoy it so I don't get in to a group with someone that has terrible gear and pull them threw because they can't put up the DPS needed for the new heroics they put in.

Also the new heroics are awesome, me and some guildies ripped threw it, with some issues because we didn't know what to do half the time but we squeezed threw with out any wipes ^^. All in all I would say this patch has made a good impact personally in the game. Only issue I see is the whole getting kicked out of the loading screen with a 15 minute wait time >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera
    28 days is clearly just because it's holiday season. Other gates will be more like 2 weeks.
    Initial announcement said "several weeks" between unlocks. Dictionary definition of "several" is "more than two but fewer than many". So three weeks minimum.

-----

To the whole discussion about how zomghard it is to get minimum ilvl gear--the ONLY heroics that you get locked out of are ToC5 and the three new instances. So other options for getting the required gear to run those heroics are the OTHER 12 heroics. So all that "research" you did to see what kind of gear was available "outside of heroics" was wasted time--you don't have to do it outside heroics, just outside those four heroics.

And that's only if you want to use the tool. You can still form a group manually and manually zone into HToC5 or the 3 new instances.

The 3 new instances on NON heroic drop ilvl 213-219 gear, too, which can quickly gear you up nicely. And you may not get locked out based on gear of the non heroic versions of those instances.

the pup is the cutest thing ever

Honestly guys. If Patch 4.0 hit the PTR tomorrow we'd be looking at a minimum of 6 months before it went live (the 3.3 period was 4 months and the changes were much less substantial), and usually the expansion patch is live two weeks to a month before the actual expansion hits the stores. We're looking late summer early fall for a release of Cataclysm, at best. That's only if they start testing soon, and they haven't yet. Personally I'll take anything before September as "they made good time" and anything before the holidays 2010 as "about what I expected". We'll have plenty of time to get ICC on farm before Cat hits. No worries.

Hi,

anybody got a solution for the halls of reflexion bug?
    everytime we try to enter the ship we get a disconnect - quite annoying since that bit gives the actually nice loot and noone can reach it .(

Quote Originally Posted by Rondarth
    Hi,

anybody got a solution for the halls of reflexion bug?
    everytime we try to enter the ship we get a disconnect - quite annoying since that bit gives the actually nice loot and noone can reach it .(
    I've heard that running on mac system or get a priest for levitate works! Blizzard and their bugs!
    |----------------------------ART----------------------------|

makes me wish a had an authenticator
    check out my blog for some gold making tips
    http://anaalius.com/

Also Follow me on Twitter at
    http://twitter.com/anaalius/

Quote Originally Posted by Neba
    Well that sounds hilarious.

vv *highfive*
    /elitistvoice What? People wipe on the gunship encounter??