Poll: In terms of epicness and overall 'wow' feeling to it.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Which Raid Ending Boss was the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Elleyndria
    No way is that a hard fight at 80 at 70 epic at 80 we had a hunter tank him form 30% to 0 Tank died in a flamestrike not paying attention.
    Still one of the few fights where not paying attention fucks you up. But by no means the insane cockblock it used to be

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue
    bladestorm would probably be counterable with feint if i could recognise when he does it, all these warrior abilities look the same...

10+ Year Old Account

I liked Zul'jin.
    Taz'dingo!

On a more serious note...Where is our Ice Troll raid? Vanilla and BC all had troll raids...WHERE IS IT!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha
    On a more serious note...Where is our Ice Troll raid? Vanilla and BC all had troll raids...WHERE IS IT!?!

Trolls dont like the cold?

Quote Originally Posted by Elleyndria
    Trolls dont like the cold?
    Hmm... then Zul'Drak must've been one big long boring acid trip for me... makes sense, but I was hoping I'd have developed an immunity to the stuff by now...

bladestorm would probably be counterable with feint if i could recognise when he does it, all these warrior abilities look the same...

Just out of curiousness, anybody actually KNOW and EXPERIENCE General Drakkisath? You have to be a really old player to know about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Enova
    Hmm... then Zul'Drak must've been one big long boring acid trip for me... makes sense, but I was hoping I'd have developed an immunity to the stuff by now...
    yeah didnt think about that or Gundrak for that matter. But did you really want another "Zul" instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha
    Just out of curiousness, anybody actually KNOW and EXPERIENCE General Drakkisath? You have to be a really old player to know about him.
    Never really counted UBRS as a raid, considering that even on my backwater RP realm, no guild actually bothered to raid him on their schedule. "LF hunter to UBRS, must have key" isn't exactly THAT exciting. Nor is making the fight trivial by keeping him effectively out of action for half its duration.

But I'm guessing everyone that's ever been to BWL will remember...

Still, Gruul and Magtheridon deserve a special place here... damned brick walls, both of them, at first... and then, later on, the weekly DST PuGs...
    or the frustration of that one guy never being able to use complex devices such as cubes....

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Why is the Lich King ont he list when no one has kileld him or really know how that fight ends?

Tanking Illy as a lock was the most fun and made that fight tops on my list

Lich King is on here because we already know much about it.

A. He dies with the help of a lot lore characters
    B. The Ashbringer...
    C. The Ashbringer...
    D. The events leading up to the content are going to take longer than the Ahn'Qiraji gates opening.

and finally
    The Ashbringer...

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

This boss was a bitch pre bc, if you done it back then you should know why and why no one ever done him.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?npc=16042

I'm going to cheat and say Algalon, just because I liked that story line so much; and as such I'm going to think of him as a co-ending boss with Yogg. you can suck it if you don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    I'm going to cheat and say Algalon, just because I liked that story line so much; and as such I'm going to think of him as a co-ending boss with Yogg. you can suck it if you don't like it
    Eh thats fine, guess I shoulda lumped Yoggy and Alganon into one.

10+ Year Old Account

ive never seen the lady vasj fight but its a tie between illidan and kaelthas for me. i never raided in tbc but based off of the videos that ive seen of those 2 fights they both seemed long and intense.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

-Ragnaros-
    The very first Epic "OH SH*T" moment, pretty fun overall but tedious!
    §Memorable Quotes§: BY FIRE BE PURGED.
    -General Drakkisath-
    Not really that much of a feel, except for his conflagration and slingnuke a caster, hehe. :P
    -Lich King-
    No idea, I want to see the fight!
    §Memorable Quotes§: Frostmourne hungers!
    -Illidan-
    The overall feel of this was frigging nice, but 10 minutes fights on a single mob is as Raggy, tedious.
    §Memorable Quotes§: You are not prepared!
    -C'Thun-
    NOW we are talking holy crap, this boss was one of the most funnest raid, Being in the gut, the eye beam, the stalks, the big RUN AWAY FROM HIS EYE BEAM pew pew....Aaw. <3
    §Memorable Quotes§: Your will is no longer your own.
    -Yogg-Saron-
    More or less a copy of C'thun, it wasn't bad, but never really left an impression.
    §Memorable Quotes§: Yes! YES! Show them no mercy! Give no pause to your attacks!
    -Zul'Jin-
    I got to admit, this one character is one of my most favourite heroes from WC2, and I was sad yet happy to see him in WoW finally. His fight wasn't extremely fun, but that's just IMO.
    §Memorable Quotes§: Mebbe me fall...but da Amani empire...never gonna die...
    -Prince Malchezaar-
    §Memorable Quotes§: You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!
    --Gruul
    §Memorable Quotes§: Scurry.
    -Lady Vashj-
    NEver fought her.. >.>
    -Archimonde-
    The best finger flip ever. Mad fight, but never felt "Wow"
    -Kil'jaeden-
    The room, the atmosphere, the "comic" lore. Loved it.
    §Memorable Quotes§: Aggghh! The powers of the Sunwell... turn... against me! What have you done? What have you done???
    -Kael'thas-
    Bloody hell...what more can I say? This really told you were up against something big and bad, just as Kil'jaeden's.
    §Memorable Quotes§: Let us see how you fare when your world is turned upside down.
    -Kel'Thuzad (Old)-
    Never did him.
    -Malygos-
    Fun gimmick fight, but that's all. Never made any impression.
    -Hakkar-
    Great fun, imo. :P
    -Nefarian-
    First time you saw him, sitting in the chair while watching everyone and then the fight begins... <3

Question though, where's Ossirian? :P

Illidan was terrible. For the last boss in BT one would think the encounter would be fun seeing as how he was supposed to be so powerful etc. It was the MOST antidramatic boss I have ever seen. Anyways, hats off to Kael'Thas. That fight was simply amazing.

Nefarion without a doubt, I loved BWL and Neferian.
    I liked Chromaggus more though

I loved the days when hunters were actually essential for raids, couldn't really finish without them.

Eh, ya I did forget Ossirian, and Magtheridon as well. Oh well, it was extremely hard remembering the names off the top of my head.

And ya...Hunters were awesome kiters...too bad Blizzard is making PvP less mobile.