Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: SS in 3.3 - bug or intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreager_ex

Nuff Said....

I think I love Blizzard right now...

(that was during Twin Valkyr btw.)
    what the hell.. is that 100k crits with 100% dmg buff?
    i managed to reach 39k crits there yesterday without 100% dmg buff

They want to get unholy DKs off our old 10 sec death coil spam rotation, so they took away icy touch glyph, nerfed death coil a bit, and made scourge strike more appealing.

I'll admit scourge strike seems slightly OP. The same guild members whom I typically compete on DPS with in heroics or raid buffed, I now out DPS by 400-500 easily in heroics. We haven't gone into ICC yet so I haven't yet seen how much dps stacks against them in progression content, but given how well scourge strike appears to scale with buffs (and the unholy tree overall scaling well with buffs) I can only imagine that I'd be seeing a similar increase.

But you can't simply nerf the overall damage of scourge strike, because you will be led with issues in a PvP situation, so scourge strike becomes a difficult ability to balance between pve and pvp situations because of the two different types of damage, though really scourge strike has gone through so many changes you'd think they would've found something adequate by now.

Honestly good balance would be to find some way to keep us from getting off as many scourge strikes as we can get, maybe finding a way to get us off reaping or epidemic or GoD, which might be difficult without making us resort back to a similar 10 second rotation though...

As far as the SS in pve/pvp argument goes, SS has never been the main ability with which to deal damage, perhaps this might change now but dependent on opponents gear, Death Coil will usually do more damage. DC nerfed in pve with SS buff, SS change possible buff in pvp with little change to DC.

/shrug
    This user has been banned.

I like the idea of blizzard. Plz continue give SS 30k crits on 0 armor 0 resilience noobs and 10 damage crits on 15k armor 1000 ress players. SO COOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    SS change possible buff in pvp with little change to DC.
    Huh?
    The SS change is intended to be a nerf in pvp. That's what the whole physical portion part is all about so that it can be affected by resilience.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Not sure if anyone has said this yet or not but for the people complaining about how weak SS hits are the range of the hits...

If seems from your comments that you are either questing or PvPing when you see the low numbers... for me when I quest I dont have time to SS after getting diseases and BS up so either you are extremely undergeared OR you arent always using SS with both diseases on the target, which I have seen some pretty bad numbers from.

As for PvP, I am sure some of the same is going on, plus there are also dispels are work so if your diseases get dispeled before SS lands then again you should see low numbers.

Also, keep in mind the physical part of SS is now affected by ArP and the shadow is obviously affected by SR, which IS used in organized PvP.

Basically, dont judge the skill outside of a raid or 5 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    Huh?
    The SS change is intended to be a nerf in pvp. That's what the whole physical portion part is all about so that it can be affected by resilience.
    I meant as in it will hit different types of targets for different amounts now dependent on armor as well considering it's partially physical, so it will destroy a priest, but not do much damage to a warrior. Or am I completely missing something here? ???
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    I meant as in it will hit different types of targets for different amounts now dependent on armor as well considering it's partially physical, so it will destroy a priest, but not do much damage to a warrior. Or am I completely missing something here? ???
    I follow you now. You are correct. Different levels of armor are going to affect SS greatly. It could be a situational buff in pvp to cloth or leather armor targets.

Huh?
    I thought resilience worked on all damage... don't you mean armor?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater
    I thought resilience worked on all damage... don't you mean armor?
    The old SS being entirely shadow damage was not affected by resilience.

The old SS being entirely shadow damage was not affected by resilience.
    Spells ignore damage reduction from armour, not resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Spells ignore damage reduction from armour, not resilience.
    duh. armor not resil. my bad, sorry about getting that confused.