Enhance spec question for the patch

is this about right? Just making sure been playing resto WAY too much lately...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhhq...huskuVo:fNkmMz

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Enhance spec question for the patch

Yes, you're doing it right.

What about moving the 1 point from Elemental focus to Reverbration? EF seems useless since we nvr run out of mana, so even the .2s reduction in shock cooldown would seem more beneficial.

Deleted

Why do you have Ele Focus? It does nothing for Fire Nova, you don't need the regen.

In order, the mana regen talents you ditch are: SF, then ISS.
    After that, ISS is the weakest DPS talent.

Looks good to me. Mine is the same except I have the point from ISS in Imp Shields. If my mana is a constant issue I'll be putting the point back into ISS

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Why do you have Ele Focus? It does nothing for Fire Nova, you don't need the regen.

Why wouldn't elemental focus work for fire nova?

"After landing a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 40%."

Based on the description Fire Nova should have it's mana reduced by being in a clear casting state as it is a damaging spell now and should also proc it when it crits. I would assume that it has a chance to crit on any target it hits so should increase the odds of getting clear casting procs when aeing mobs an using Fire nova and chain lightning heavily which is when we will have the heaviest mana use.

Quote Originally Posted by evan_s
    Why wouldn't elemental focus work for fire nova?

"After landing a non-periodic critical strike with a Fire, Frost, or Nature damage spell, you enter a Clearcasting state. The Clearcasting state reduces the mana cost of your next 2 damage or healing spells by 40%."

Based on the description Fire Nova should have it's mana reduced by being in a clear casting state as it is a damaging spell now and should also proc it when it crits. I would assume that it has a chance to crit on any target it hits so should increase the odds of getting clear casting procs when aeing mobs an using Fire nova and chain lightning heavily which is when we will have the heaviest mana use.
    This is interesting and I haven't thought about it. Ele Focus pre-patch wouldn't work for Fire Nova because it was a totem, not a damaging spell. Fire Nova is no longer a totem, so logically I would assume that it is affected by Ele Focus. Now I have to go test

While that may be an interesting test/discussion for a healing spec (mana reduction), Enhance is dps and the point is that Enh is not in need of more mana in a raid environment. Sure maybe it helps in 5 mans to not go oom but if you actually NEED more dps for a 5man you just need better gear from the abundance of current sources for easy epics.

So the discussion here is where would the point be better spent considering we dont need more mana return.

Well that's not even really a discussion. Each person can figure that out for their own gear kit using the sim as it will vary from one to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    Well that's not even really a discussion. Each person can figure that out for their own gear kit using the sim as it will vary from one to another.
    QFT

Some people do run out of mana frequently and aren't in perfect gear. Personally I took about 6 months off of the game and now my gear is so far behind that I constantly go oom in raids/instances trying to keep up in DPS. For me personally the mana saver talents are a big help to keep me going between SR cooldowns

I haven't had a chance to raid yet, but I was def going oom alot in 5 mans, especially when playing around with the new Fire Nova. There is a ton of aoe in the new stuff, I can expect even more in IC (bunch of ghouls and skellies swarming the raid).

This is my current spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhhV...xdIhusRuVo:fNh

This is my planned Fire Nova/Mana Saver spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhbq...xdIhusRuVo:fNo

As mentioned, Fire Nova is supposed to be a spell and should benefit from Elem Focus. In a raid setting, spell crit will be high enough to make this more reliable. And with a 3 sec Fire Nova cd, will be used quite often and hopeful eat up EF charges and save me mana.

I plan to run with the priority MW5>SS>ES>FireNova>LL......or possibly just weave it in after any two button presses, with the exception of MW5. Not expecting much though, and might end up settling with the 10sec cd instead just for an easier time with my rotation, but we'll soon find out.

Deleted

Ele Focus IS useful as it helps reduce mana costs and with movement fights and the T10 bonus you will have times where SR isn't going to be available when you need the mana. How useful will depend on gear, fight, timings etc.

The other thing to note is the amount that Fire Nova should be helping even on single target bosses as its another source of SPELL damage that can crit = another source of uptime for Elemental Devastation. This is an important factor.

As for priority ques did I understand it correctly if

Single target: remains the same as in the FAQ, Add Fire Nova after LL, before Shield

Cleave/AoE/More then one target: same as in the FAQ, except MW5_CL, MT, FN is top3 Not sure this would be possible without a manatalentspec

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC

Fire nova makes EF go off. I don't have the best gear in the game, so yeah I do need the regen.

So from your second comment you never take EF?

And off topic, anyone else notice your totems getting killed off by what seems to be AoE hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

And off topic, anyone else notice your totems getting killed off by what seems to be AoE hits?
    Its been fixed, read front page recent ingame fixes..

Quote Originally Posted by psyched
    Its been fixed, read front page recent ingame fixes..

yeah read about it right after posting.... Thank god I am not going nutz