Deleted

Looking for best self healing dps class ...

What would it be:
    1. Warlock (Affliction i supose)
    2. Shadow Priest (counts only heals from shadow form!)
    3. DK (Blood spec)
    4. Anything else?

And which one has the best survivability in PvP?
    My bet is on Afliction lock, that's whay i am posting here. But, is it true?

Re: Looking for best self healing dps class ...

retri and DK imo..

its actualy probably:

1. blood dk way over anything else...

way, way over anything else

death stike, blood worms, rune tap, mark of blood, blood presence, vampiric blood. wonder if i forgot something.

As Affliction, you'd have to be able to get Haunts off. Anyone doing arena will tell you that it won't be that easy, as they'll train you. Same goes for BG. It's like a giant hunter's mark. "OMFG LOCK! KILL IT OR HE KILLS US!"

I'd go DK or Paladin. Paladin are potentially better, but they crumble more under pressure of many ;o They won't be able to stand and cast their FoL.
    80 Blood DK? Oh, they do massive healing, especially if you don't "use" Death runes and use DS instead.

With the new changes to shadow spec, it should be up there too.
    In one of the five mans tonight I had nearly 1000 HPS according to recount after the first boss fight when I looked.
    Not sure if its better than blood, but if not - its damn close.

Affliction locks isn't a "self healing class" imo, neither are DK's. Yes, they get some spells and talents to restore HP, but they arent healing...

So I would say:

1 retribution Paladin
    2 Elemental Shaman
    3 Shadowpriests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    Affliction locks isn't a "self healing class" imo, neither are DK's. Yes, they get some spells and talents to restore HP, but they arent healing...

So I would say:

1 retribution Paladin
    2 Elemental Shaman
    3 Shadowpriests.
    They are not a "self healing class" because they can heal others!

c wut i did thar

I'd say Blood spec DK would be the top - that's what the tree is all about.

Others to consider would be spriest, ret pally, fury war (bloodthirst, plus enraged regeneration and heals when crit for soloing), lock, feral druid (w/ imp. leader of the pack), enhancement shaman (Instant healing waves off of Maelstrom Weapon procs).

If you're talking about passive healing without sacrificing any dps in rotation, chants, or talents (for normal raiding):

Blood DK, Spriest, Fury War, (Afflic) Lock, and (depending on playstyle) Feral Druid - in no particular order.

In a pvp situation Blood DK for sure for most survivable, followed by probably feral druid, enhance shaman, Ret pally, lock, then fury war, then spriest. Something like that.

If you're all about self-healing though, can't go wrong with Blood DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanaa
    Yes, they get some spells and talents to restore HP, but they arent healing...
    Um...what?

The only 3 self healing classes in the game are Blood DKs, Affliction Locks and Shadow Priests. Shadow Priests used to be terrible at this with the old vampiric embrace, but with the new patch they are incredible. 25 percent of all damage they do passively heals them. Blood Presence in comparion is only 4 percent of all damage (though Blood Dks have other healing abilities). Spriests can also cast Power Word Shield while in shadow form and the mana cost of shapeshifting is no longer crippling. If you are running from an enemy you have lots of heals you can cast like renew and pom. Affliction Locks are also very good but aren't healing themselves for much if they aren't casting haunt.

1.) Spriest
    1.) Blood DK (tie)
    3.) Affliction Lock
    (all fairly equal)

Everything else

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by baele
    The only 3 self healing classes in the game are Blood DKs, Affliction Locks and Shadow Priests. Shadow Priests used to be terrible at this with the old vampiric embrace, but with the new patch they are incredible. 25 percent of all damage they do passively heals them. Blood Presence in comparion is only 4 percent of all damage (though Blood Dks have other healing abilities). Spriests can also cast Power Word Shield while in shadow form and the mana cost of shapeshifting is no longer crippling. If you are running from an enemy you have lots of heals you can cast like renew and pom. Affliction Locks are also very good but aren't healing themselves for much if they aren't casting haunt.

1.) Spriest
    1.) Blood DK (tie)
    3.) Affliction Lock
    (all fairly equal)
    Haven't paid any attention to the new moves like enraged regeneration. And, any class that has a healing ability can heal themselves (captain obvious).
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Affliction feels a a little vulnerable to me in arenas, but maybe that's just me. Burst really hurts me more than it would if I was destro.

Besides that though, passive self-healing on affliction is pretty nice and consistent, and even quicker now if you stack up haste/haste procs for Corruption via Glyph of Quick Decay.

Survivability wise (especially PvP), Blood DKs will definitely top the others hands down.

15+ Year Old Account

Tree Druid. Nothing self-heals like a @#%$&*( Tree Druid.

But I'd have to agree - Blood DK can self heal quite well, but can also take in a lot of damage well. Ret Paladins can also do this, but to a lesser degree. Affliction warlocks die too fast in order to sustain themselves fully.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Interesting ... I was almost sure Warlocks can heal (or restore health) beter than other dps classes.
    What about Healthstone, Drain Life, Siphon Life, Demon Armor which increases healing for additional 20 % ... It is not all about Haunt or what?
    But i can understand there are many classes with Mortal Strike, which reduce all healing, including Locks, SPs by 50% but they have NO effect on DKs melee healing/restoring health (or whatever you want to call them ;D) abilities. Maybe that is why DK has better survivability ...

Blood DK for sure.
    I leveld my DK for 46 hours of play time.
    It was so easy I fell asleep lots of times when I was doing it. (yes I did)

But when I was awake I was mostly like this :
    OH ! Look ! An elite with 3 guards! yay! lets kill !
    OH ! Elite dead ! Oh shit ! I am on 60% HP !
    OH ! Lets Pull 15 mobs ! Yay ! Back to 100% !
    YaY.

imo.. sometimes it was even easier.

But for PvP I prefer the warlock. I feel better when I am playing it in arena. maybe it is just me but I feel a lot better with the warlock. maybe because it is ranged...maybe. anyway. I die a lot less when I am on him.
    80 Orc Hunter
    80 Tauren druid
    80 Tauren Warrior
    80 Orc Warlock
    80 Blood elf Death knight
    To Be continued...

Quote Originally Posted by baele

1.) Spriest
    1.) Blood DK (tie)
    3.) Affliction Lock
    (all fairly equal)

Everything else

Enhancement shaman are nearly invincible while they have their spirit wolves out... wolves heal the shaman for 150% of the damage the wolves do to their target. Assuming THAT is what you call 'self-healing'... not to mention a shaman can straight up heal itself and its buddies with regular healing spells.

now whether or not enh shaman are good in pvp is a whole other matter (i mean they're ok, yeah, but not the best - so probably DK /shrug).

Quote Originally Posted by magekillerpt
    its actualy probably:

1. blood dk way over anything else...

way, way over anything else

death stike, blood worms, rune tap, mark of blood, blood presence, vampiric blood. wonder if i forgot something.
    <-- this
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I have both a level 80 affliction warlock and a retri paladin.
    Warlocks aint that good at self healing as retri paladins are.
    When i play my pala I get lots of instant FoL's and If that isnt enough, Bubble > 2 HL and you're reday to continue.

But I would personally say that Blood DK is the king of the self healing dps classes.
    Its just so annoying to see how they just BAM and get back so much hp at once :-[

But Warlocks are the best class if played smart IMO. (Notice that is in my opinion. "IMO" :P)