When shall i break my tier 9 healing 2 set bonus?

Hello,
    Ive got a little problem, i have laid my hands on this headpiece and im not sure if its a good idea to break my T9 2-set bonus for this item. PoM is on most fights 2nd or 3rd on healing done.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50807

And this my current gear:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...tus&cn=Frencis

HALP

Re: When shall i break my tier 9 healing 2 set bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Knoerdy
    Hello,
    Ive got a little problem, i have laid my hands on this headpiece and im not sure if its a good idea to break my T9 2-set bonus for this item. PoM is on most fights 2nd or 3rd on healing done.

HALP
    Anytime really.
    Tier bonuses are pretty meh at the moment.
    The base stats in ICC offset gear will eventually trump your tier 9.

So really, anytime you want.
    Keep the 2 set if you want, but 4 set T9 is pretty terrible.

I'd actually consider downgrading your shoulders to the 245 tier 9 (if possible). The stats jump on Shoulders and gloves is lower than it is on your other slots, so it's more stable/"affordable" to hold onto them, both for offset peices and your tier 10. The 2pc10 is somewhat "alright", and it's a nice output boost when you need to make the shift to Flash Heal from Renew (which let's face it, is a lot of frakking fights).

I have little thoughts of changing my 2pc9 bonus out any time in the near future, so for now I'd definitely say hold onto it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Anytime really.
    Tier bonuses are pretty meh at the moment.
    The base stats in ICC offset gear will eventually trump your tier 9.
    Eventually, but not by much, and not until you start doing some of the hard mode wing-end bosses. 20% Mending is huge.

So really, anytime you want.
    Keep the 2 set if you want, but 4 set T9 is pretty terrible.
    If you'd have took the time to read his whole post, you'd know he's not asking about 4pc. If you'd have checked his armory, he's holding onto head/gloves for 2pc.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Heres what im thinking of:

I could respec to disc and buy 2 tier 10 items, the set bonus on that one is pritty nice for discipline. And maybe adding a new set bonus is just blizzard saying: use a different spell-setup.

I could respec to disc and buy 2 tier 10 items, the set bonus on that one is pritty nice for discipline. And maybe adding a new set bonus is just blizzard saying: use a different spell-setup.
    No, it's not nice for discipline, its crap.

I keep the 2set t9 for when I'm holy.When I go disc, I use the 2 t10 I have. I use Flash Heal a lot more as disc, as I'm usually helping with tank healing; and I've noticed the proc is more % healing as disc than as holy - even though the % still sucks.

I keep the 2 t9 for holy cause the 20% on PoM is amazing. But as I get more gear, I do expect to give up the t9 set. For now though, that's what I do.

don't make the same mistake I made and...
    Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    No, it's not nice for discipline, its crap.
    ^this.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Hello,

HALP
    I'm personally planning on using 258 Helm and Gloves and tier 10 Pants and Shoulders. Shop around on armory you will find a lot of holy priests hitting this route.

I think +20% to mending is pretty nice, so I would recommend you to hold on to it as much as possible. currently, what I'm planning to do is get all the frost rewards, chest, cloak,belt, gloves and craftable boots and legs. and use the t9.5 shoulder and helm for the mending bonus.

review your healing done and over-healing bet you your PoM spell has HIGH over-healing so feel free to replace anytime yes the big number pops are nice but if it heals for 12k+ on a target that only needs 5k heals

OP is Holy, that makes 2p T9 substantially better. Hold onto the Gloves/Shoulders as Kelesti implied due to smaller item budgets, then pick up any ICC gear with haste. You're screwed on a few slots, but that's the general idea. The 2 and 4 piece bonuses are pretty bad all around, so I wouldn't be concerned with that. However, +20% to PoM can equate to a large chunk of healing in many ICC fights (namely Marrowgar, Festergut, Blood Queen and Putricide).

The thing most people forget about Prayer of Mending is that it has a pretty regular overheal of about 50%. This is due largely to the fact that it's bouncing off static damage and isn't really going to be jumping to people who are in need of a 6-9k heal. The exception to this is if you're keeping yours on tanks/melee. But if you're running with a resto shaman then you are probably not going to even get much effective healing in comparison to the constant chain heal spam.

Yes, it is amazing. But honestly most of the benefit is overheal.

Now if you raid disc, you can argue that keeping it purely for the bonus divine aegis from when POM crits is arguably worth having. I still wear it to this day for that reason alone.

PoM is usually my #1 heal. At the same time, it is about 45-50% overheal (without the set bonus).

IMHO, if your guild can do Heroic 25 Anub to get the 258 T9, I would stick with the T9. If not, I would work on replacing it with some 264 gear. The stats on the 264 gear would outweigh the worth of the 245 T9 set bonus.

15+ Year Old Account

unrealated really but i must say

change your meta
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41401

that one you got is terrible in comparison

As discussed, having 20% Prayer of Mending is a great great set bonus; however, as my gear increases the extra healing becomes overhealing--and I expect this to stack as my gear increases even more. With that being said, once I have an average item level of 264ish I would plan on totally dropping my t9 2 set bonus.

But, in the mean time, I still plan on finally killing Anub'arak to get ilvl 258 items that I would likely keep around likely well into hard mode content..

I'm quite curious as to why you have one random point in [Improved Healing] ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pheromone
    I'm quite curious as to why you have one random point in [Improved Healing] ?
    I was curious why he did too. He must like greater heal too. I remember when my talents used to look like this..

I really hope gs is not usable in that fight with 2peice pallie set+ wings+ trinket+ pot of wild magic+ full raid buffs and changing libram we will hit 45k plus hps for 15 secs. No way that will make it live.