Mirror image bug?

Today I've done some ICC instances including ICC10m and have encountered some annoying mirror image problems.

For example in the first room of trash before marrowgar, anytime I popped mirror images at least one of them would run off straight toward a specefic patrolling unit every time, resulting in some unfortunate wipes.

Then later during the day I did the Pit of Saron heroic, while clearing the trash before the second boss, I pulled aggro and popped mirror images, again suddenly one of them runs off and ninja pulls the boss, wiping the group.

What the hell is going on with these things? I'm starting to grow hesitant of using mirror images.

Edit: What I'm interested in is if anyone else encountered problems with mirror images after 3.3.(not neccisarily ICC, I just didn't do any other instances since 3.3)
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Re: Mirror image bug?

You should probably go to the WoW Suggestion forums and notify blizz. I JUST was there telling them that my WE's pet bar is getting replaced with vehicle pet bars when I dismount vehicles. Ultimately it renders my WE useless.

15+ Year Old Account

a) don't pop images when there is no threat accrued with boss level creatures around, they have been known since ulduar to pull shit, notably GV.

b) if you ACTUALLY NEED your pet bar to make your pet function for pve dps...then your macro is wrong.
    BfA Beta Time

sounds like my bloodworms leeroying Azjol nerub first boss

except you can control when yours spawn >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    a) don't pop images when there is no threat accrued with boss level creatures around, they have been known since ulduar to pull shit, notably GV.

b) if you ACTUALLY NEED your pet bar to make your pet function for pve dps...then your macro is wrong.
    a) In the both examples I gave I had either threat to a mob or full aggro so they were supposed to attack the creatures with the highest threat against me which is not some random mob/boss in the distance last time I checked o.o

b)Since when did mirror images get a pet bar? And I didn't mention any macro either, so I don't know what you're on about with this one.

If you are popping "Mirror Image" before aggro is achieved, then yes, I believe if you are within 20 yards or so of a hostile npc, they will most of the time run off and begin fighting. Mine have not done this since early stages of Ulduar, luckily. I do suggest reporting it still because rightfully they should not attack until you are engaged yourself.
    "Understand this: Those that don't stand with the Forsaken stand against the Forsaken. And those that stand against the Forsaken don't stand for long."
    - Lady Sylvanas Windrunner

15+ Year Old Account

look at the poster above me, i was talking about the water elemental.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Teicrod
    If you are popping "Mirror Image" before aggro is achieved, then yes, I believe if you are within 20 yards or so of a hostile npc, they will most of the time run off and begin fighting. Mine have not done this since early stages of Ulduar, luckily. I do suggest reporting it still because rightfully they should not attack until you are engaged yourself.
    How many times do I keep have to tell you that every time I encountered this I had aggro/threat to at least one mob, especially since I don't make it a habit to pop mirror images before combat, except for maybe Gormok, but there is nothing to ninja pull there.

Also in both cases the range of which the mirror image pulled was very large, probably around 40 - 50 yards, maybe more in case of POS hc.

Edit: Grammar.

Well I hope you, yourself, do not have aggro or Mage Tanking is making a return. But seriously, ok. Then tell me this:

1. You engage the enemy and pop "Mirror Image". They begin fighting on the target you are fighting on. When the target dies and it is last of that mob (meaning you WOULD go out of combat soon), the images will run over and continue fighting a mob or enemy far away you wished not to pull just yet.

2. You engage the enemy and pop "Mirror Image". The images will switch between the current mob and passing mobs or mobs that are venturing somewhat close to you and are undesirable to pull at this time.

The second option is a serious bug that only happened when "Mirror Image" first arrived. They should always focus on the enemy(ies) you are targeting. The first option is a common minor bug that is more difficult to fix. One they have already fought a target, the images are just programmed to continue fighting close enemies out of protection and dps for you. Blizzard needs to fix this so that after they are done fighting the current mob, they stop until you, yourself, begin fighting again.
    "Understand this: Those that don't stand with the Forsaken stand against the Forsaken. And those that stand against the Forsaken don't stand for long."

Hmm it seems like I wasn't able to clearly explain the situation, I'll give it another go going with the pit of saron example.

1: Tank pulls some trash mobs.
    2: I start dpsing
    3: Ret pally ninja pulls a second group of trash mobs
    4: Tank picks up the second group
    5: I overagrro on one or two of the mobs and it runs towards me while targeting me.
    6: To avoid getting hit I pop mirror image
    7: Mirror images take over aggro as they are supposed to.
    8: One of the three mirror images suddenly starts running towards the 2nd boss
    9: Wipe.

So my conclusion is that something between step 7 and 8 caused the mirror image the behave irregularly which caused it to run away very far from where it was supposed to be.(And no the mirror image was not feared)

Edit: just to clarify, exactly the same happened at the thrash before marrowgar in icc10, I overaggro, pop images, one of the images suddenly runs off and pulls 2 other trash groups.

Ah, your situation is indeed the bug that is affecting the spell, "Mirror Image". Definitely report this just to have Blizzard keep monitoring it and working with it.

The reason behind this is because even though you have possibly the most aggro on this new mob, the 'chain of command' (i.e. the series in which different groups of mobs have received your aggro while the images are active) puts the other mob at the top of the list, not the one that has yet to hit you. It is a very odd bug, considering that you would THINK they would rush to the closest actively aggro'ed mob going against you. And since the images very, very scarcely switch targets (do they?) until the target they are currently fighting is dead, then they will not revert back to the mob that is currently beating your face in.

Definitely a bug that deals with the list of your aggro percentages and range from mobs. If you have time, I recommend reporting it to a GM or on their website.

Stop pulling aggro in 5 mans? Better yet, when you do and ice block is on CD just eat the death or kite stuff.

I saw very similar results in my first ICC10 run... twice we got aggro from pats that were not targeted. Both times seem to correspond to my popping mirror images. After second wipe... I kept tucked as far off in the corner as I could... had no further issue.