Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: How to maximize DPS as a frost mage?

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof
    Some people may not use IL skaard, but all frost mages use their free fireball when BF procs so Spell Impact is a must. As far as what spec mages should be using for frost, I suggest using this spec...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#of0Vc...0czTfkt:nRi0zc

You really only need 1 point into Enduring Winter seeing as how most of your dps is Frostbolt spam you'll see plenty of the replenishment procs. Also not having 1 point into Imp Blizzard is stupid for those who think FoF will still proc off it without that 1 point. Although trash mobs dont really matter so much when trying to impress guildies on dps, you still need to kill those mobs as quickly as you can. For me this seems like the best setup spec wise for Frost Mages.
    Yeah you're right. I dont run frost ever so it slipped my mind since ice lance was the spell in question. SI is definitely worth it for fireball.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dracklrye
    BLizzard made Frost a VIABLE raiding spec not a OPTIMAL raiding spec
    they made it neither. they made it suck slightly less. but when your level of suck is on par with gigli....you get where i'm going with this.
    BfA Beta Time

wow a gigli reference...but yea even though im a 10 man frost raider i still have to agree some. i think blizz is trying to make frost raiding more appealing to more people instead of trying to make it a viable end game raid spec. I enjoy raiding as frost in my 10 man group very much, staying in the top 4 on dps on all fights, but i do know if i raided that same group with my arcane spec i would top the deeps on every fight. so yea will we ever see frost be an actually viable end game raid spec? maybe. will it be before cata? nope.

With the effects of resilience doubled, it's possible that Blizzard will feel that there's more room to buff frost damage. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some tweaks in the next minor patch.

frost has always been about control and knowing when to burst, i dont think this has changed much and i dont see the buff to resiliance changing this much

Quote Originally Posted by taureninator
    frost has always been about control and knowing when to burst, i dont think this has changed much and i dont see the buff to resiliance changing this much

Also the change to resilience is to reduce all damage, I'm sure frost mage damage is among the spikiest. I hit for half of people's HP in two simultaneous hits in arenas, we are not exempt from this damage reduction just because our spec is bad in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz
    respecc?
    Troll Gtfo.
    Classic WoW.

Respec to Arcane. Problem solved