Tier Set Bonus Question

I know I'm a tier behind everyone else, but I don't have a guild and I can't meet any normal raiding schedule.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm getting gear from heroics and I want to know if I should even bother with T8.5 now that I can get the T9. I was thinking I could get the T9 shoulders and the 8.5 helmet and pick up the two piece bonus of both.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uskwood&n=Tuab

Suggestions would be great.

inb4 lolcasual - I go to class 8 hours a day 5 days a week, half the time at night, cut me a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

Re: Tier Set Bonus Question

Until you get pieces whose DPS contribution together break the bonus, it is worth it to get the T8.5 Helm and Chest, yes.

Usually you will find the bonus break is worth it when you have access to T9 245 or Ony 245 helm + the ToC crafted chest.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

So grab like, the T9 Emblem shoulders and the T8.5 chest and go from there? Sounds like a plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

Given what you have? Yeah, I'd say so. If you were MM, I'd tell you to do the T9 Gloves instead, but you're not, so rock on.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara