Poll: Deathbringer's Will or not?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Deathbringer's Will on Rets

Rets (and enh shammies and some rogues), will you be wearing Deathbringer's Will? An insane amount of an almost useless stat for us, with an amazing proc. Or will you stick with Death's Choice, or hope for another trinket from ICC?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Deleted

Re: Deathbringer's Will on Rets

"Your attacks have a chance to awaken the powers of the races of Northrend, temporarily transforming you and increasing your combat capabilities for 30 sec."

I never looked in to it but, may I ask what this actually does?

This will probably be a trinket for Rogues or so... I dont see it in Retribution Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly
    "Your attacks have a chance to awaken the powers of the races of Northrend, temporarily transforming you and increasing your combat capabilities for 30 sec."

I never looked in to it but, may I ask what this actually does?

i heard it will be 600 str\agi

+600 to your primary stat
    # Strength of the Frost Giants – Grants the form and strength of the Frost Giants for 30 sec.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/71485/agil ... he-wolvar/ – Grants the form and agility of the Wolvar for 30 sec.
    # Power of the Taunka – Grants the form and attack power of the Taunka for 30 sec.
    # Precision of the Iron Dwarves – Grants the form and precision of the Iron Dwarves for 30 sec.
    # Aim of the Tuskarr – Grants the form and aim of the Tuskarr for 30 sec.
    # Speed of the Gorloc – Grants the form and speed of the Gorloc for 30 sec.

cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    +600 to your primary stat
    that would give about 1350ap with kings and divine strength and its for 30 sec long..

DAMN!

now i want to know the (internal) cd

Arp isn't completely useless. It won't increase your DPS as much as STR/AP or crit, but it will increase DPS. The proc definately is worth it. When I do get deaths choice, Ill be using it and this trinket.

Click to see my Armory

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    that would give about 1350ap with kings and divine strength and its for 30 sec long..

DAMN!

now i want to know the (internal) cd
    Just going to assume it's the same as Death's Choice, Darkmoon card: greatness, or at least very similar. I think I WOULD end up wearing this trinket, if there were no other good trinket from ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by meag333
    Arp isn't completely useless. It won't increase your DPS as much as STR/AP or crit, but it will increase DPS. The proc definately is worth it. When I do get deaths choice, Ill be using it and this trinket.
    It affects I think Crusader strike and Divine Storm? Not sure. But I know that yes, it is not completely useless, but it is almost completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    Just going to assume it's the same as Death's Choice, Darkmoon card: greatness, or at least very similar. I think I WOULD end up wearing this trinket, if there were no other good trinket from ICC.

It affects I think Crusader strike and Divine Storm? Not sure. But I know that yes, it is not completely useless, but it is almost completely useless.
    It affects, CS(one of our instants that is on the shortest CD.) DS(getting a 4 set will allow you to refresh its CD INC) and our white hits, which coupled with our seals, is the back bone of our damage, hence why hit and exp is so important. So no, its not anywhere near completely useless. Just because there are more attractive stats, doesn't make others completely useless. Arp is better than alot of people are giving it. No I wouldn't gear for it, but if it comes from gear. Which this would be the case, It still helps dps.....

Click to see my Armory

Just because there are more attractive stats, doesn't make others completely useless. Arp is better than alot of people are giving it. No I wouldn't gear for it, but if it comes from gear. Which this would be the case, It still helps dps.....
    Actually ArPen the worst stat for a ret so the trinket's value mainly depends on the proc.

It'll probably be something like Death's Verdict is for Enhancement Shamans - best in slot, but such a small upgrade over the last tier trinket, that I'd rather let the warriors/dks/kitties have it first.

It is assumed that ArP will surpass haste come patch 3.3 because of the 2pc T10 bonus. Theorycrafting leads us to believe that with a 40% chance to reset the CD on DS, we will be using that attack every 4-5 seconds. Because CS and DS are both physical attacks that are affected by ArP, we should see the value of ArP increase for Rets. 155 or 167 ArP should be very desirable with these changes. The proc will makes this trinket close to godly for Rets.

Essentially, the ret "rotation" will be even more simplified: DS, Judgment, CS, repeat. On the off-chance that DS doesn't get refreshed, you'll probably be unloading an Exorcism given that many of the ICC mobs/bosses are undead.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

It affects, CS(one of our instants that is on the shortest CD.) DS(getting a 4 set will allow you to refresh its CD INC) and our white hits, which coupled with our seals, is the back bone of our damage, hence why hit and exp is so important. So no, its not anywhere near completely useless. Just because there are more attractive stats, doesn't make others completely useless. Arp is better than alot of people are giving it. No I wouldn't gear for it, but if it comes from gear. Which this would be the case, It still helps dps.....
    for the moment ds reset is the 2piece t10, but it wont stay that way with a lot of pvper saying : im gonna use it!
    Hotfix the 1st week if it get live this way

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Actually ArPen the worst stat for a ret so the trinket's value mainly depends on the proc.
    This is true right now. Come 3.3, you should expect to see this change.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    for the moment ds reset is the 2piece t10, but it wont stay that way with a lot of pvper saying : im gonna use it!
    Hotfix the 1st week if it get live this way
    they would have to give up resil for the t10 gear. so i dont know if its going to be nerfed that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    This is true right now. Come 3.3, you should expect to see this change.
    it will be higher then haste with t10 2p, thats for sure

they would have to give up resil for the t10 gear. so i dont know if its going to be nerfed that hard.
    it will be higher then haste with t10 2p, thats for sure
    Morning, Ik.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Morning, Ik.
    morning? im just close to being done with work today ;D

good evenin' to ya

morning? im just close to being done with work today ;D

good evenin' to ya
    9:32AM. Workday has just begun. It's gonna be a long one.

Even with ArP not being an optimal stat for a Ret, 600 str proc is too good to pass up, assuming it has a decent internal cooldown anyways. I would totally use this and verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo

It'll probably be something like Death's Verdict is for Enhancement Shamans - best in slot, but such a small upgrade over the last tier trinket, that I'd rather let the warriors/dks/kitties have it first.
    As everyone already said, and even corrected me, The DS 2set will change this. I only thought it was the 4set because I remember them changing it for a small amount of time. And as I said in the beginning. Just because ARP is the worst does not mean it isn't good. Will I be stacking ARP?? No. Will the fact that there is armorpen on this trinket not make it better than DM:G or DV? I mean the trinkets we have had to choose from have already been shitty. So DV(heroic) will probably stay BIS, with Deathbringer's will be second. I mean 600str for 30 seconds. Unless the internal CD is completly retarded. Theres no way this wouldn't be ahead of DM:G

Click to see my Armory

meag333: Try not to feel like I am picking on you. I just wanted to correct what you said in your last post. DMC:G is not currently 2nd BiS. As it stands right now, DMC:G is #3 behind Death's Choice/Verdict (heroic) and Death's Choice/Verdict (non-heroic). With the value of ArP rising and the 30 second duration of the Deathbringer's Will buff, I would foresee Deathbringer's Will being #1 and Death's Choice/Verdict(heroic) being #2. Even if DC/V is #1, it will be by an extremely small margin and would only be the result of a long ICD.

To the OP: Polls like this may lead you to believe that you got a feel for what people are thinking right now. Any information you think that you gained from this poll can probably be thrown out the window. For a very long time, ArP has been a stat that many Rets chose to completely avoid even at the cost of overusing lesser stats like hit and Expertise. I would guess that many people have seen Ret pallys that have somewhere around 400+ hit rating. This is one of the reasons. I, personally, have seen Ret pallys use vastly inferior weapons because the superior weapon has ArP on it. Mental midgets are everywhere.

Just wait until the 2pc T10 Rawr info is out to run your poll. Then we can spoonfeed this info to all of the other Rets out there that don't do their own homework.