Worried about the way I have geared/gearing (Retribution)

Hello Mmo champion forum users / paladins.
    Recently I've been using various spread sheets and tools such as Rawr (very simple program to use)
    to determine what will be my upgrades; what I will need to switch out; balancing my meta combat stats such as hit expertise and so forth.

Yet, I seem to be pulled towards items non plate; hence Agility heavy sets.
    I am confident that I am able to perform as a DPS; and I am familiar with how our combat spells are affected by stats such as ArP, and what not.
    However I remain a bit unsettled, that although I was semi confidently geared prior to whenever I first decided to roll on that one agility/crit piece of loot based on Rawr, and have continued to use assorted tools to somehow get it stuck in my mind that it's ok to use / prioritize gear that is also non plate; as upgrades, as current pseudo "roots" persay in my gear set- and see plainly the unmatched theorycraft of
    "Strength is the superior stat to stack. end of story"

I am currently wearing a set ranging from 245-264 gear; and no one has ever strongly disagreed with my decisions on loot/gear choice; due to the fact that I put out numbers agreeable to everyone in raiding.

Yet, I feel inadequate when I think "I am currently at 7k ish AP raid buffed, yet I have 57% crit chance, 1.8k's in Strength as well as 1.1k's in Agility.
    Am I doing something wrong?
    Am I limiting my potential end game set?

With the release of the new tier, I am looking forward to the 2 and 4 piece bonus (also the aesthetics that come with it )
    With 2p bonus being a very strange hard to calculate factor, but 4 piece looking amazing (however , Rawr must not be updated for those two effects evidently)
    I hear talk of ArP being boosted up the priority list, yet I already am not prioritizing "correctly" from what I hear.
    I am also curious to know , what people think of 4p t10 replacing 2p t9.

Perhaps I need clarification now, for I only have speculations; and theories; yet no solid evidence- nor personal knowledge enough to calculate for myself, "WHY am I gearing is such a manner"

Is it the heightened crit, which allows me to use 2p t9 more effectively?
    Is it because it's simply a rawr DPS increase from previous strength pieces?
    Is it simply because I am able to crit more often?, "quote; her ability to crit more but hit for less"

What is your take?

Re: Worried about the way I have geared/gearing (Retribution)

Quote Originally Posted by Diedra

1) I hear talk of ArP being boosted up the priority list, yet I already am not prioritizing "correctly" from what I hear.

Perhaps I need clarification now, for I only have speculations; and theories; yet no solid evidence- nor personal knowledge enough to calculate for myself, "WHY am I gearing is such a manner"

2) Is it the heightened crit, which allows me to use 2p t9 more effectively?
    3) Is it simply because I am able to crit more often?, "quote; her ability to crit more but hit for less"

What is your take?
    1) The impact of T10 2P is rather small, but it should be enough to push it to the level of haste - still worse than crit, but the 2nd best stat you can get. (after getting the laughable hit/exp caps)

2) Crit scales extremely well with t9 2p to the level , that it is only slightly worse than Strength, this results in making Agility items a lot more preferable, because they offer a large chance to crit at the loss of a smaller amount of attackpower.

3) As an example: An agility items will give you 5% more damage and 10% more chance to get a double damage and a Str item of comparable Quality will give you 12% more damage => agility item will give 15.5% more damage and Str item will give 12% more damage => agility item wins. This is just a simplified example and ignores the bonus stats you will get on the item, but I hope you get the point.

PS: Agility items are favored, because they split the itemization points used in Str to Agi and AP giving a LARGE boost (up to about 40% if I remember correctly) to the total value and by that the Attackpower gain through Str vs AP will be crushed by the crit gain from Agility. This might change without t9 2p, but expect Agi items to still at least be on par with Str items even without it.