Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Glyph of Quick Decay bugged?

Why weep? I knew this was coming, and the spec is still competitive. Plus we're getting buffs to bring us up to rogues and arcane mages in an upcoming patch, as per a previous post,

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Why weep? I knew this was coming, and the spec is still competitive. Plus we're getting buffs to bring us up to rogues and arcane mages in an upcoming patch, as per a previous post,
    sauce please

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka
    sauce please
    Ghostcrawler, Sub Rogue thread. Bolded.
    I don't think we're there with rogues yet. Assassination is now a serious contender in end-game raiding, but Subtlety isn't and hasn't been since HAT was in a silly place. I think we're a lot closer with mages. Arcane may be the highest dps in a general sense, but there are fights on which Fire will win. Frost is a lot closer than it used to be, to the point where someone who just loves Frost won't feel like they are horribly gimping their group's progress. (It probably still needs to be slightly higher than where it is, but we'll see what Icecrown is like.) We eventually want to get rogues, locks and hunters closer to where mages appear to be in 3.3 (and work on mages more too of course).
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=3&sid=1#43

R.I.P. YARG

On a different note, Quick Decay is probably not the best glyph for demo (this guess is _not_ backed up with math). While it would get you more molten core procs, its damage per cast time would remain effectively the same (but you would get a few more casts in, and it does have a high damage per cast time anyways). I think, for example, Immolate would be a better glyph to go for. Immolate is 24 seconds long as demo, adding 10% on that would be just cake.

Maybe it is math time?

15+ Year Old Account

Pick Meta. Meta > Immolate glyph, and Meta = Quick Decay, depending on how well you are at keeping Corruption up.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Beachchairs
    On a different note, Quick Decay is probably not the best glyph for demo (this guess is _not_ backed up with math). While it would get you more molten core procs, its damage per cast time would remain effectively the same (but you would get a few more casts in, and it does have a high damage per cast time anyways). I think, for example, Immolate would be a better glyph to go for. Immolate is 24 seconds long as demo, adding 10% on that would be just cake.

Maybe it is math time?
    Maybe it's time you check if the math have already been done ?

Glyph of quick decay has been tested against glyph of Meta and shows a dps increase by a small margin (~80 dps).
    Glyph of immolate just doesn't compete.
    Personnal choice on Meta vs Quick decay imho, but more MC procs are quite interesting, especially in any fight where you have more than one target on which to apply corruption.
    And btw, glyph of quick decay does increases Corr DPCT, just not high enough tu put it above something else in the priority list.
    Re-casting corruption more often isn't an issue considering you have to re-cast immolate less.