Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Is Blood even viable anymore?

Blood's burst is > than unholy's, but it is still behind on single target fights lasting longer than say... 3 minutes? As blood the first 30 seconds of NRB had me around 14kish dps, but then it fell like a rock before settling around 6.5k -7k by the end of the fight.

As unholy the initial burst was nowhere near as a big, but a significantly steadier 7.5-8k dps.

If you believe me go smack a target dummy for a bit and you'll see the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria
    Blood's burst is > than unholy's, but it is still behind on single target fights lasting longer than say... 3 minutes? As blood the first 30 seconds of NRB had me around 14kish dps, but then it fell like a rock before settling around 6.5k -7k by the end of the fight.

As unholy the initial burst was nowhere near as a big, but a significantly steadier 7.5-8k dps.

If you believe me go smack a target dummy for a bit and you'll see the difference.
    I plan to test it in a few weeks. I'm very happy with my blood dps at the moment which only get's surpassed by good casters.
    If Unholy proves to be that much more of an increase I'll switch.

I never really cared for unholy

This rotating spec every patch is getting annoying.... frost, blood, and now unholy... They did the same for Hunters in 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    I never really cared for unholy
    I was exactly the same before we moved on to ToGC 25, mainly Anub, at which point I realised just how insane it was

However I'd still use Blood for the other bosses occasionally just to give the old ePeen a flex

But now Unholy blows it out of the water so won't be doing that again
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by AhpuchRawr
    I was exactly the same before we moved on to ToGC 25, mainly Anub, at which point I realised just how insane it was

However I'd still use Blood for the other bosses occasionally just to give the old ePeen a flex

But now Unholy blows it out of the water so won't be doing that again
    Never got far in the ToGC 25. Just got back in the game about 2 months ago due to an illness.

When I get out done by an Unholy DK I'll check it out, but I dont really feel like a respec and new rotation at the moment for trial and error dps.

Glad you like it maybe there's some hope.

at the beginning of wrath, i liked UH for the purdy party bubble. but saw the light that blood really was good. i ended up hating UH due to desecration making UH more trouble than it's worth. then they fixed desecration but deathtards everywhere still specced into it making me hate UH even more. having played blood now for awhile and doing imo very respectable dps, i finally made the switch to UH today and really, i have no clue what i'm doing, well sorta i do, but i'm still screwing up the rotation at times and i'm not exactly comfortable at all i would say but the damage is absolutely insane. it's license to dps without a doubt.

If your raid doesn't have an unholy DK, and the Blood DK buff is covered by an enhance shaman/Marks hunter then frankly even if the damage was only equal it would still be better to be unholy for AoE fights due to Ebon Plague. Sure Oomkins & Warlocks can apply that debuff, but they can't apply it to 10 mobs at once, and warlocks would rather not apply it at all.

When you consider that AoE is disproportionately magic based, Ebon Plague+Pestilence is a huge amount of raid DPS.

Unholy is just better than blood now, there's no way around it.

The difference is absolutely massive and you should only even consider not being unholy if your raid is missing the buffs that blood or frost provide.

little side question here, i havn't played my dk in a long time, whats the best tanking spec? i used to tank as blood but i dont know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by seksupremes
    little side question here, i havn't played my dk in a long time, whats the best tanking spec? i used to tank as blood but i dont know anymore.
    It is what ppl like. I say it's blood, others say it's frost, others say it's unholy it's just what your going to be tanking and what your guild needs

Blood was the best in 3.2, more stam + WoTN was quite nice for ToGC. Regardless of what people say, this made it superior to Frost and Unholy.

nice, i appreciate the feedback. Ive been out of the game for a few months and havnt kept up with the changes too much, other than noticing people posting their SS's in 3.3 hitting for over 18k hahah. Had no idea what people were still tanking as, I heard DK tanks are much rarer nowadays, true or false?