Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Mobs are too close

i noticed also... but while questing.. im a paly tank so what evs but while i was out doing dailies and what not i noticed that the mobs were constantly ending up behind me... i figured it was a new thing... like how pets go for the back or what evs
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

I've been noticing this even while leveling a DPS DK. Recently they started running straight past me just enough that I'd have to turn every time to hit them, and them sometimes, they'd run past me AGAIN and keep going slightly to the side, or behind, or even inside of my hitbox just enough that I actually couldn't hit them without backing up. There may indeed by a hitbox or pathing bug going on right now.

I notice this more on my druid than on my pally. I feel bad for the melee cause it appears I'm dancing with mobs when really I'm just trying to keep them from circling behind me.

Get used to it.

after a while it wont be as annoying as in the start

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba
    This is an extremely valid point the OP is making, and those of you here undermining the validity of what he's saying obviously have never tanked.

I've noticed exactly the same thing, and it's caused by lag. Mobs position themselves in reaction to where you stand relative to their hitbox. I've noticed also that in the new cross-realm LFG that the mobs are noticably less accurate in responding to position changes.
    Funny I was just saying this last night in raid. I ran some heroics, ones I have run a million times, and the mobs kept moving behind me. No big deal in heroics, just annoying. But on in ICC and especially Deathwhisper trash it was a bit more critical to keep them from getting behind you. Our other main tank couldn't make it, and our backup didn't comment on the difference (he is usually ret). I thought it was just me, but glad to see other notice it too.
    "Peace is a lie"

Noticed the same on my tankadin, mobs did not act like this pre-3.3.

Either it's lag caused by the cross-realm lfg matchmaking instance servers, or something else.

Whatever it is, it is very annoying.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    The tank in my groups complained a bit about positioning of the mobs as well

Personally didn't notice cause I was just nuking baddies
    Clearly not pulling because you're not capable of it?

Side note : This position issue is pissing me off on my Paladin as well... before 3.3 I had no aggro issues ever, now I run in hit divine storm and get my cleave on, and all of a sudden, I've become a ret tank.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

glad to see only one person in this thread thinks that mobs moving all over the place and hitting you in the back is a good thing

Post here to see if we get a blue to respond

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...26113494&sid=1

I've noticed but never cared
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

Does this really have something to do with the new lfg system? The hitbox is shorter on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pìka
    Does this really have something to do with the new lfg system? The hitbox is shorter on everything.
    Nah I noticed it before 3.3 so did a lot of others.

I hope they reverse mob positioning as in pre 3.0 :|

Quote Originally Posted by pìka
    It seems like it more of mobs AI in instances period I'll play around with positioning in world but I'm not sure how it will go. It definitely feels like it's just Instances though.

Probably server lag or something like that
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba
    This is an extremely valid point the OP is making, and those of you here undermining the validity of what he's saying obviously have never tanked.

I've noticed exactly the same thing, and it's caused by lag. Mobs position themselves in reaction to where you stand relative to their hitbox. I've noticed also that in the new cross-realm LFG that the mobs are noticably less accurate in responding to position changes.
    I certainly don't think its lag. I have had zero issues with lag since the patch and I've tanked both cross server heroics, guild-ran heroics, and 10 ICC. If you look at the hit box ring underneath some of the mobs in the new instances, 5 - 10 - 25, they are extremely small for starters. They don't even reach their heels on some. Mobs will randomly jump behind you no matter how slow you inch backwards. Fortunately I'm a paladin so consecration will generate some aggro before I take 10 seconds to find a position that doesn't cause the red message saying the target must be in front of you. Whatever is causing this, it is extremely annoying. Good thing taunts are on relatively short cooldowns. Hopefully they fix this relatively soon. I put together a tank set to help one of our 10 man groups, so I'm relatively new to tanking, and this is making me regret the decision.

Hotfix info today...

Tanking bug in 3.3

There is a known bug that was introduced in 3.3 that can cause tanked mobs to move around in unpredictable and frustrating ways. A fix is incoming.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon
    Hotfix info today...

Tanking bug in 3.3

There is a known bug that was introduced in 3.3 that can cause tanked mobs to move around in unpredictable and frustrating ways. A fix is incoming.

sooooooooooooooo, we weren't imagining it and I can take this pretty jacket off with the wrap-around sleeves?

Hotfix info today...

Tanking bug in 3.3

YUS! I knew we were right ;D
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

15+ Year Old Account

Mob positioning has seemingly gotten worse in the last 2 weeks, I can attest to that.
    It seems like, EXTREMELY aggravating now for some reason. Like, I'll engage a mob, and the first thing it does is run JUST far enough that it's considered "behind" me.
    Really fucking annoying.
    And then I move, and it moves the reciprocal of what I just did, so it's like a fucking mirror. It's completely irritating.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Hotfix info today...

Tanking bug in 3.3

Thank god they've acknowledged this... Had a very good DK tank almost rage quit after mobs appeared to be jumping all over the place doing HoR hc. (The mob waves)

Was wondering why our avoidance capped BV tank kept on getting insta gibbed on anub25hc last night ^