Thread: Mutilate nerfed

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Re: Mutilate nerfed

They're nerfing HFB, but as I expected a nerf I did all of ToGC this week without using it; just to see what a nerf would feel like, and still maintained 8.1k DPS.

HFB will look like this: 13% damage boost instead of 18%.

We're still fine.

So

lol@blizzard.

Because of the changes to Murder- to have an effect on undead as well, we can just shrug it off as though that talent had not been changed.

Our overall DPS in ICC will look like murder was just not changed but HFB remained the same.

Something most of us were prepared to deal with anyway.

So we're only seeing a 1% damage loss.

/bow
    DND: I can not find my blinding powder.

Tonight my single target was 11.5k in 90% 245 gear... so what, gonna only be 11k?? DAMN WE ARE BAD...

jk, tyvm 3.3
    <3, mutilate

They could take away HFB entirely and we'd still be fine.
    DND: I can not find my blinding powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Invar
    They could take away HFB entirely and we'd still be fine.
    I forget to use ti for half the fight anyway and im still pulling 8k dps.. (:

They can take HfB and shove it, what a joke of a talent, the only class who's bottom talent is a band-aid to them nerfing pvp rogue damage.

Only the joke was on rogues. I stopped playing mine when Naxx was the shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy
    They can take HfB and shove it, what a joke of a talent, the only class who's bottom talent is a band-aid to them nerfing pvp rogue damage.

Only the joke was on rogues. I stopped playing mine when Naxx was the shiny new toy.
    Well, most decent rogues don't seem to feel wounded by this change. Dare I suggest the jokes on you, and that you're missing the memo that not all talents have to be creative in WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Invar
    They're nerfing HFB, but as I expected a nerf I did all of ToGC this week without using it; just to see what a nerf would feel like, and still maintained 8.1k DPS.

HFB will look like this: 13% damage boost instead of 18%.

We're still fine.

So

lol@blizzard.

Because of the changes to Murder- to have an effect on undead as well, we can just shrug it off as though that talent had not been changed.

Our overall DPS in ICC will look like murder was just not changed but HFB remained the same.

Something most of us were prepared to deal with anyway.

So we're only seeing a 1% damage loss.

/bow
    If you include the change to deadly poison we're still ahead of before the patch anyway. We just got buffed a little too much this patch so blizz scaled down HfB, which is fine with me. Never liked it from a design standpoint.

i rolled mutilate and was top 1 on yesterdays saurfang kill (after being stuck in combat in ToC that was an amazing result for me). "they gonna nerf it" - i was thinking. Luckily, they did it in a soft mode )

I'm gonna wait till we get properly geared in ICC before commenting that we have too much dps, that (quote) 'HFB could be taken away and we will still be ok' (/quote). So much of the gear in ICC has armor pen on it. I can gear my assas rogue easily pre ICC without having too much Arp. THere is no way of avoiding it in 3.3.. So while our dps was very high at the start when we are walking in with 245/258 gear, when we meet harder bosses and our gear is aimed at combat, the assasination rogues might (and i say MIGHT) be asking for their 15% HFB back.

Lets wait and see.
    Statistically speaking, you are an average player. Learn to live with it.

Quit speculate about whats better if you dont know anything...

Look at the items...there wasnt that munch of a change...arp still dominates as state so just wait a few weeks and you will see, combat will be stronger than mutilate in ICC too...

you cant say anything at this point, all the bosses in ICC who are availably now, are easy encounters where you can stand still right behind the boss and dps him...

will see if mutilate still beats combat if the boss encounters change or with new equipment...

I think it will be combat again this time who dominates dps overall in ICC...

(Sorry for my bad english im not used too )

10+ Year Old Account

In our first 25 our 3 rogues 245ilvl-258ilvl all specced muti topped the dmg meters with staggering numbers of 12k-13.5k dmg it was ridiculous things were dying so fast that my dots was ticking 3 times max.

Nerf was innevitable.

Deleted

Funny how they categorize it as a "Recent In-Game Fix", while it is obviously a nerf.

We're still in the green imo.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Well I certainly thought we'd be nerfed back a bit, I'd of guessed down to 12% but it's no big issue for me.

What does surprise me though is that it has been done within 2 days of the patch. Does this mean all looked OK on the PTRs - but within 2 days they have realised there is a issue, worked out a solution and then also implemented it? That seams a little odd if it was done properly.

I really go think they have released the patch a week or 2 earlier than they would of liked due to the holidays approaching.

To Taraxzcum less then 1% off all players does ever in there life enter the ptr. Alot of people playing the ptr are trying out new classes and underperforming. Alot of the data they get from raids are with extreme lag, wierd builds, constantly changing strat.

The patch day on the other hand atleast 90% of all raiding guilds are going to try out the content, theorycrafters have had time to make spreedsheets and done some testing about max dps.

All this mean that even though they get TONS of data and they do on the ptr and fix an insane amount of bugs then there are always going to be stuff they did not notice.

Back to the real topic if I remember right Aldriana made an estimate of mut being about 14% ahead of combat in the gear we knew about. They they are not going to change anything else then mut is still going to be very viable.

the change doesn't bother me, it needed done. What does bother me is why Mages are yet to be hotfixed after 3.2.2? They were embarrassing other dps using 2 buttons with zero rampup time and shiny cooldowns to make those 20k crits from their regular spellcasts even bigger during totc and they even got buffed this patch with a nice little raid utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    In our first 25 our 3 rogues 245ilvl-258ilvl all specced muti topped the dmg meters with staggering numbers of 12k-13.5k dmg it was ridiculous things were dying so fast that my dots was ticking 3 times max.
    An interesting claim.
    to pull 13k a rogue would have to be in full ICC25-HC gear. Only in that sort of gear can you get close to these numbers when theorycrafted.

Your second statement suggests they were pulling this damage on trash. That's not even remotely possible with mutilate unless you are using the old 2pc-t8/Deadly Poison FoK combo.

we overshot the mark LOL this is basically saying NERF. granted the dps increase was nice and since rogues do nothing other than dish out dps. glad it happened before all the QQ by people playing other classes "omg rogues are so OP they should be nerfed".

no luck ever!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Iteken
    An interesting claim.
    to pull 13k a rogue would have to be in full ICC25-HC gear. Only in that sort of gear can you get close to these numbers when theorycrafted.

Your second statement suggests they were pulling this damage on trash. That's not even remotely possible with mutilate unless you are using the old 2pc-t8/Deadly Poison FoK combo.

That isn't entirely true. I was 80% combat gear, went mutilate. According to my spreadsheet I should top dps at 10150 dps or so, I still pulled 11,5k+ dps on a boss. So you don't need that high level gear to pull that dps, especially if the rogue gets hysteria and other buffs. Although 13k is a lot yes, but I don't doubt it could be done before the nerf. Now after the nerf at the best we'll ONLY be able to pull 11-11,5k dps. It's scary isn't it? 8)