Levitate "buff".

I saw this :

Levitate: This spell can now activate trinkets that can trigger from casting a helpful spell.

in the bug fix sektion.

And was exited about the possibility to stack my Illustration of the Dragon Soul before the fight. Then I asked other Shadowsmates on my Server, none of them either saw the change nor thought this is a Buff. What about you?

Re: Levitate "buff".

Could also waste your trinket that has a 45sec internal CD 1sec before you pull meaning a dps loss

I don't see that part ???

10+ Year Old Account

Unless I'm mistaken, the Illustration of the Dragon Soul only stacks on direct damage spells that you cast.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja
    Unless I'm mistaken, the Illustration of the Dragon Soul only stacks on direct damage spells that you cast.
    Incorrect. Unless there was a change this patch, Illustration will proc off of a Warlock's Health Funnel and Life Tap spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceforge
    <----------------WOOSH
    HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Nightvaj
    Incorrect. Unless there was a change this patch, Illustration will proc off of a Warlock's Health Funnel and Life Tap spells.
    Very much true. Warlocks with it keep asking me to spam heal them before fights so that they can have their precious 200 extra Spellpower at the beginning >

Equip: Each time you cast a damaging or healing spell you gain 20 spell power for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.
    Levitate now indeed does stack IoTDS. It's quite a nice change to be able to stack it before a fight with something that costs so little mana, and that can be cast while in Shadowform. Even though Levitate is not a damage or healing spell, I imagine the wording on the trinket is supposed to function more as "harmful or helpful spell".

It also seems that any of the new dps trinkets they have in ICC that have stacking SP buffs like that only work on damage done to a mob, so no more stacking before a pull. For example Muradin's Spyglass from 10-man ICC:

Each time you deal spell damage to an opponent, you gain 18 spell power for the next 10 sec, stacking up to 10 times.

Powerword:Shield also gives a stack but levitiate makes it easier due of no debuff :>

With Muradins Spyglass which has 10stacks , it would be bad if u loose them .. on fights like Beasts i had always to cast renew to keep it up.. 10s are fucking short

I used to stack that trinket by spamming healing stream totem before fight.
    I think it used to procc of levitate earlier also :O

IDS used to stack from Levitate during Naxx / OS / EoE era, when it was 28 spellpower per stack. They changed it when Ulduar came.
    I noticed it yesterday when I levitated for fun in ICC and I got a stack of IDS. Naturally, I stacked my IDS and Eye of the Broodmother before each fight after that

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    Could also waste your trinket that has a 45sec internal CD 1sec before you pull meaning a dps loss
    Damage proc trinkets do not proc of helpful spells, this only benefits trinkets such as Illustration of the dragonsoul, Eye of the Broodmother and Muradin's spyglass. No, it will not trigger any 45sec cd trinket, not even Black Magic enchant.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    Very much true. Warlocks with it keep asking me to spam heal them before fights so that they can have their precious 200 extra Spellpower at the beginning >
    Tell your Warlocks to use rank 1 Life Tap or rank 1 Health Funnel

Muradin's Spyglass cannot be stacked using Levitate.
    It proccs from periodical damage tho, which makes it an awesome trinket for Shadow Priests. As long as any of your DoTs is ticking you won't loose the trinket stack.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja
    you are mistaken.
    It procs off of all heals, PW:Shields and many other spells.

I assume it could proc off of Rank 1 Renew.

So, just spam that before the pull.

Quote Originally Posted by pasrag
    I assume it could proc off of Rank 1 Renew.

So, just spam that before the pull.
    Rank 1 Renew costs the same amount of mana as max rank

15+ Year Old Account

Vampiric Embrace costs no mana at all and stacks most "proc on helpful spell" trinkets too.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!