Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ashen Verdict Rep Ring

So, i put it on instead of my bloodshed band, as i'm over hit cap as it is and my other ring doesnt have hit. i noticed about 1.4% increased crit, but about 120 less AP... which one should i use?

i know the rep ring gets upgraded as your rep increases, so i was thinking wait until honored then start using it?
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ashen Verdict Rep Ring

doesnt matter what, that ring isnt very good for ret. the best rings will have strength, crit and hit/expertise. the rep ring is pretty for rogues/feral druids afaik. besides it not having arP.

10+ Year Old Account

yeah i figured that...

another thing to take into account... will the exalted rep one have a proc on it like the BC rep ring did? even if it does it wouldnt beuseful until then, and even then it'd depend on the proc...

on a side note... i'm up to 21 exp without sov glyph now, i should be using the exo glyph in place of the sov one now right?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Serryn
    yeah i figured that...

another thing to take into account... will the exalted rep one have a proc on it like the BC rep ring did? even if it does it wouldnt beuseful until then, and even then it'd depend on the proc...
    The revered-rings already have that proc.
    Friendly and Honored have no proc and just stats.
    Revered gets the proc and has slightly better stats than Honored and Exalted gets a socket and has slightly better stats than Revered.

I've got the exalted one and from what I've heard from others, the proc rate seems to be rather weird/luck dependant and the ICD seems above 1min... but can't really say if it's true, didn't do intensive testing and haven't been to EJ to look for it.

PS: The melee ring gives 480 attack power for 10sec.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    doesnt matter what, that ring isnt very good for ret. the best rings will have strength, crit and hit/expertise. the rep ring is pretty for rogues/feral druids afaik. besides it not having arP.
    Odds are the exalted ring will be somewhere near our BiS just like the ring from Scale of Sands rep for Mount Hyjal. Strength rings are nice but agility rings can easy fill our top spot just like Band of Callous Aggression(heroic) did on the BiS list for Trial of the Crusader. That is a lot of crit rating. If 2T9 and 2T10 has a chance of being our ideal setup, don't be surprised if agility and crit items gain inflated values and vault to the top of our dream sheets. It also means that we may be using a different piece of T9 for the 2set instead of locking in on shoulders and gloves.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    The revered-rings already have that proc.
    Friendly and Honored have no proc and just stats.
    Revered gets the proc and has slightly better stats than Honored and Exalted gets a socket and has slightly better stats than Revered.

I've got the exalted one and from what I've heard from others, the proc rate seems to be rather weird/luck dependant and the ICD seems above 1min... but can't really say if it's true, didn't do intensive testing and haven't been to EJ to look for it.

PS: The melee ring gives 480 attack power for 10sec.

How the fuck can you be exalted with that faction already while the patch is out for 2 days????????

edit: WTF????? His armory profile shows he indeed has the ilevel 277 ICC rep ring, how can this be???

it is possible to get exalted if you farm trash in 10 man and disband and re-enter before you down Marrowgar. About 1100 rep per trash clear.
    This space for rent.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode

How the fuck can you be exalted with that faction already while the patch is out for 2 days????????

edit: WTF????? His armory profile shows he indeed has the ilevel 277 ICC rep ring, how can this be???
    Respawning trash as well in 25 man.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    it is possible to get exalted if you farm trash in 10 man and disband and re-enter before you down Marrowgar. About 1100 rep per trash clear.
    885 rep in 10man. Did it 50+ times, so I know

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    885 rep in 10man. Did it 50+ times, so I know
    Diplomacy?

on a side note... what triggers alarm that wakes up the big adds?

Deleted

Diplomacy?

on a side note... what triggers alarm that wakes up the big adds?
    Did a post in the EU-forums asking about that some minutes ago...
    Seeing as I did 50+ runs of Marrowgar Trash in 10man, I have quite a big grasp of how it works. Well, I SHOULD have... but honestly, I have no idea.
    I could see some things...
    - they seem to dislike trolls... especially shamans. A LOT. the chance to awaken them seems to be way higher when you're a troll.
    - the first two Wards sometimes awaken as soon as you kill the 3 "The Damned"-group and sometimes stay petrified until all other Trash is dead. Same goes for the last two Wards. (although they tend to stay petrified and rather rarely activate while the last group is not already totally killed... only happend once or twice)
    - if you're at the last two Wards and they're still petrified, try going near them or have someone between them and the gate to Marrowgar. It's hard to describe... but if you think of the line between the instance portal and marrowgar, just stay a tad on it's right/left side and there you should have a bigger chance to trigger them. (~5-10 yards away from the invisible line in the middle)

Other than that... just can't really tell... it's soooo damn random.... like Deep Breath >_>

10+ Year Old Account

I was thinking there might be a trigger point, meaning if you step in a certain spot they activate, so potentially if nobody ever touches one of them it wont wake up. the one on the left would only wake up if we wer on the left side of the room and vice-versa. once we even cleared the room and wer fighting one of the big guys from the next room when the second one woke up behind us (this was after the trash in the middle of the room too, so it had been some time)... that wasnt fun :-X... but hell, the guilds named <Hard Mode Trash> for a reason...

I was thinking there might be a trigger point, meaning if you step in a certain spot they activate, so potentially if nobody ever touches one of them it wont wake up. the one on the left would only wake up if we wer on the left side of the room and vice-versa. once we even cleared the room and wer fighting one of the big guys from the next room when the second one woke up behind us (this was after the trash in the middle of the room too, so it had been some time)... that wasnt fun :-X... but hell, the guilds named <Hard Mode Trash> for a reason...
    This is very true, there is a trigger, a stealth rogue can see it, and disarm it. But we just had him tell us where it was so we could pop them after for the rep as we are farming trash atm.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    With t9 2p agi items are usually a lot better than Str items. (and I think there were bis lists with agi items before totc)
    Hit and Exp are so easy to cap, that it really doesn't matter what stat you find on the item as long as it has crit on it.

The higher versions of the ring should compete well for BiS with the nice little AP procs that will come with them. For you guys wondering about those skeleton giants, there are little traps hidden in the floor that any of those dastardly Rogues can use Disarm Trap on.

until you hit revered you probably wont be wearing it. After that i see this as a must. if it is a 2 min ICD you can time it with AV easily. I'd so much rather it be 45 sec so i can get al the trinket buffs with it too =\
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

10k to revered!

anyways, ill b replacing one of my old rings for it so i can replace my shoulders for t10, the hit comes in handy here.

on a side note... i'm up to 21 exp without sov glyph now, i should be using the exo glyph in place of the sov one now right?
    Nope, get your Exp to 28 without the glyph then go with exo
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowmcrusher
    Nope, get your Exp to 28 without the glyph then go with exo
    26, not 28

edit: I also heard from one of my ret friends that even if you have 24 expertise, the exorcism glyph is better than the expertise one, although I do not personally have the data to back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode

\
    trash farm/reset.

use an 11th person and keep re entering new 10 mans not being saved yet. takes abit but worth it if your after the ring.