Hard Arp Cap V.s. Trinket + Soft ArP

Ok, so, the title is what this is.

So im just looking for a quick answer.

I picked up http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50198 and I am currently gemmed for ArP --> Armoury link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...emaul&n=Markou

should i continue for hard cap or...go back to soft cap and str it up..eitherway money and swapping gems is nothing to me.

What'll give me higher dps output.

Re: Hard Arp Cap V.s. Trinket + Soft ArP

I don't have concrete evidence on this, besides my own understanding of ArP, so take this with a grain of salt:

I would still go for ArP hard-cap, because as we all know ArP scales exponentially, that is - it becomes better (per point) and yields higher returns the more of it you have. Assuming the proc is not up 100% of the time, you will end up dropping in DPS not by a static amount as you would with a Str/AP proc being down, but rather by an exponential amount resulting in a net higher loss of DPS than with a Str trinket. I suggest staying with ArP as you already have 82% in BStance, however I strongly recommend picking up Death's Choice however to replace your mirror.

My personal strategy for now is hit hard cap -> gem Str -> profit.

if you gem to attain the hard cap and your trinket procs, you'll be over the 100% limit and will end up losing dps... gem for soft cap and so when your trinket procs, you get to your hard cap. gem with str for the rest... that would be my understanding of it. There is a post on these forums for ArP and how it works, you can try to check it out, maybe some answers are there

edit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-wa...-for-dummies!/

that is the thread I was talking about

I updated the stickies with this exact information. This is the same amount of ArP basically as MR.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

having the hard cap would be quite a dps increase BUT if you have to gem around every single socket bonus and drop alot of other stats to reach it, i dont think its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    having the hard cap would be quite a dps increase BUT if you have to gem around every single socket bonus and drop alot of other stats to reach it, i dont think its worth it.
    Why not? Just looking at my socket bonuses I am losing: 34 str and 6 crit rating, hardly a dealbreaker. I look at socket bonuses as just that - bonuses. If you happen to match colors, good for you. I've noticed some socket bonuses also actively try to sucker you in: a blue socket with a +4str socket bonus. Say you gemmed a 10str/15stam purple gem and you get the +4str, you are still out of 6str that you would get with a 20str gem. So in my books matching blues is a no-no, most of the time the bonus sucks compared to the benefit of breaking it. Yellows are ok, like a couple hit gems here and there, but that's obvious.

Either way, once you are hit capped you are left with 3 choices of gems (up to cap): str, arp, expertise - all red gems. The only choice for gemming yellow past hit cap is through crit, which is a crap stat since most poleaxe warriors are running around 30%+ unbuffed (40%+ in 25-mans).

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    I updated the stickies with this exact information. This is the same amount of ArP basically as MR.
    Good job updating the threads, however I would suggest renaming the thread "3.1 INFORMATION READ BEFORE POST"

Since most ppl will just skip reading it since it's named 3.1 info (:

The trink is not that good, in fact runestone and grim toll are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakto
    The trink is not that good, in fact runestone and grim toll are better.
    no.

up time is less: because it only procs on crits, where runestone and grim toll proc on all melee/range attacks. Seeing as the benefit from an arp trink is during the proc, it is not as good.

up time is less: because it only procs on crits, where runestone and grim toll proc on all melee/range attacks. Seeing as the benefit from an arp trink is during the proc, it is not as good.
    You really have a problem criting often at even the 5-man gearing level?

I have never had any problems at all to get the trinket to proc(got about 50% in raids), it always procs a few second after my death's choice procs. And I get to use one more str gem, and gives me a lil bit more crit.

i pay a druid i use grimtoll+arp soft and it works out fine for me i hit the hard cap and gem the rest agi cause in the long run it will increase your dps>just straight arp gems

(yes i made this myself with Microsoft Paint in <2 min)