Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: No haste for SW:P?

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Thats a good simple assessment for single target encounters, however the benefit to multi dot encounters would skew the result not to mention that haste as a stat weight becomes more benefical so you invariably see higher amounts of haste in gear levels.

Given they have doubled VT's coeffecient, losing out on SW:P haste scaling isn't so bad and it allows you an easier time to keep it refreshed on multi targets... im actually having some mana issues with my 30%+ raid buffed haste and once I lose 2pc T9 i'm going to be casting VT extremely often.
    Your reminded me about something. That parse was from a spriest who was only on the boss. But yea, I do agree that when you consider multi-dotting, that the % increase would be much greater.

I have to hand it to Blizzard, they did exactly what they set out to do. Make spriets competitive dps without making them soar over the pures.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    I have to hand it to Blizzard, they did exactly what they set out to do. Make spriets competitive dps without making them soar over the pures.
    the spriest rotation isn't simple to master, so a good spriest is just a very competent, aware person

you don't have to be that aware to maximize dps with some other classes

that being said, some "good spriests" are still only doing about what an "average unholy dk" is

dps is better, but when everyone is as good and as geared, it's still toward the bottom

luckily, this game is FULL of people who get 75% out of their toons, so someone getting more out of an spriest can work their way into the tops of the dps charts

it's like how disc is clearly less powerful in terms of healing ability than the other healers in PVP, yet disc is well represented because the playerbase is just very competent and aware. they've been offensively and defensively dispelling for a while, when to LOS and when not to LOS, what class X is about to do and how to counter it (more options than some other healers) and no ability to CC someone so you have to actually DEAL with more things going on at once

if you can't cut it, you roll a paladin

same with spriests, just used to dealing with more going on and are simply better or just like the spriest with the 5200GS i saw the other day who did 3k dps in a 25

spriests are still toward the bottom unless there are a LOT of targets and then, even unholy dks do quite a bit more (few thousand dps more)

swp needs to scale with it, they can't do that the right way yet (ignore the PC shit) so we gotta leave it at that. they simply can't allow MF to refresh it AND update all the coefficients properly

balance???

why do so many people stick up for buzzard and their nerfs?

anyone care to round out a 10 man.
    ME ME ME ...shadow

anyone at all.
    Love to have a boom or whatever.
    ANYONE?

me me I am shadow

ANYONE. last call

me me

ok we will pug it

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Let all spells scale appropriately according to the mechanics setup, mucking around with let x do this but y not, is simply bad design.
    So you want back a Mindflay that only gets 0.2 or whatever spellcoefficient because it counts as instant and applies a snare which, by mechanic, drops the spellcoefficient even lower than a normal instant cast classified spell would?
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

i just think blizzard were worried about sp becoming the new afflic warlocks with all their dots scaling... still i don`t agree with their philosophy ... if you manage to fix a similar bug for a class then do it for the other class as well and nerf somewhere else if ur that worried about our dps which btw i don`t see it ever being overpowered ... only thing that changed is that instead of being 250k behind the boomkin / feral you are now around 50k behind them ... SOUND THE ALARM

IMO let Devouring plague be used on as many targets as we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    IMO let Devouring plague be used on as many targets as we want.
    I second this motion. The only reason they had it useable on one target before was because it healed the caster for 100% (if I remember correctly) of the dmg it dealt and was on a long cd. Since they changed it to only healing the caster for 15%, I could see them allowing it to be used on multiple targets and healing the caster for say 5-7% instead. Not like SPriest healing is OP or anything already.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite
    I second this motion. The only reason they had it useable on one target before was because it healed the caster for 100% (if I remember correctly) of the dmg it dealt and was on a long cd. Since they changed it to only healing the caster for 15%, I could see them allowing it to be used on multiple targets and healing the caster for say 5-7% instead. Not like SPriest healing is OP or anything already.
    A 1 month necro...

The only reason why it could only be casted on 1 target before was because it had a CD. When the removed the CD they also restricted it to being only on 1 target. It is too expensive and would probably be too much of a DPS increase on multi-target fights to have it be able to cast on multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    We all saw SW:P getting nerfed a build before the release of 3.3 because according to devs sp's were doing too much damage (arguably true) but many posters stated that this was due to the bug where SW:P was not updating the haste/crit effects the player was getting and as a result you could cast it during BL with all haste cd's PI etc. and do incredible damage.In the latest hotfix though they did ''nerf'' Corruption from warlocks that was doing exactly the same thing (it went on live ''bugged'').Don't know about the others but I feel that they should do the same thing to SW:P and just find a way to reduce the damage output (in order to bring the dps down to what it is now) from a different source.Then we could finally scale perfectly(haste-sp is 1-1 atm according to some theorycrafters dunno though if that is perfect scaling).Opinions?
    Makes it easier to multi dot and refresh SW:P without it being affected by haste IMO... even on a single target encounter where there is some sort of stun mechanic or target switching etc, you can lose damage and crit modifiers on it if it was affected by haste so I actually don't mind.

I also don't think our DPS is low and I don't see the gain by buffing SW:P to be affected by haste and then nerfing the gain somewhere else. Might as well leave it like it is and be content with the damage we're doing.