Thread: 29k CB crit

29k CB crit

Yesterday when i killed the first or the second boss in the new icecrown dungeon halls of reflection, or on the trash mobs before( dont really remember) i got a insane crit with my chaos bolt. It was just above 29000. Do anyone know if this could be a bug or just a freakn insane über crit? The shadow priest had one really high tick on one of his dots that thicked 10k once.

Re: 29k CB crit

Quote Originally Posted by Zulfen
    Yesterday when i killed the first or the second boss in the new icecrown dungeon halls of reflection, or on the trash mobs before( dont really remember) i got a insane crit with my chaos bolt. It was just above 29000. Do anyone know if this could be a bug or just a freakn insane über crit? The shadow priest had one really high tick on one of his dots that thicked 10k once.
    Had a 36997 Soul fire crit in forge of souls earlier. But in 10 man ICC I wasnt hittin anywhere near it. However were you in the random heroic setup? Did you have the 5% buff? That may be bugged?

I got a 20k incin crit about 20 min ago, I wasn't in the random hero setup so that couldn't have anything to do with it. Anyone know whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure that some of the mobs (I think it's the Phantom Hallucinations the mages create as a mirror of themselves) in the Falric & Marwyn waves take 100% increased damage when they are under 20% hp. I've looked through their ability table, but it doesn't seem to show anything.

I know for a fact that I don't usually crit 24000 with Lightning Bolts, at least

I hope this will help. It is possible that it is on other mobs in the instance too, haven't tried that though.

Keyboard Turner
    15+ Year Old Account

You must have done it on Phantom Hallucinations or some similar mobs.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama
    I'm pretty sure that some of the mobs (I think it's the Phantom Hallucinations the mages create as a mirror of themselves) in the Falric & Marwyn waves take 100% increased damage when they are under 20% hp. I've looked through their ability table, but it doesn't seem to show anything.

I know for a fact that I don't usually crit 24000 with Lightning Bolts, at least

I hope this will help. It is possible that it is on other mobs in the instance too, haven't tried that though.
    This is true, hitting stupidly high with starfire on those too.

15+ Year Old Account

i got a insane crit with my chaos bolt. It was just above over 29000.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Larivas
    I got a 20k incin crit about 20 min ago, I wasn't in the random hero setup so that couldn't have anything to do with it. Anyone know whats going on?
    I've had 24k crits for incinerate on Northrend Beasts 25 man. (Pre-3.3), so it's not something that came with 3.3

OT: I can get a 14k crit with chaos bolt in a 5man on a lucky day. Like most of the above posters have said, if it was one of the phantoms, with the 100% more dmg on them, then it's not unlikely, and if it was a x-realm group, the +5% dmg would help too.

You attacked trash on first boss in HoR and you casted at something called Hallucination, a copy that the mage add spawns i did like 20k Bloodthirst

Awesome, I was thinking it was my random dungeon buff that had bugged critting 48k with soul fire do make me giggle though^^

Deleted

I can also confirm the hallucinations taking tons of extra damage (sometimes?). As noted they don't have a buff/debuff to indicate that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama

Hallucinations ALWAYS take 100% more damage.