So today:

Oculus: x3
    Azjol-Nerub: x3
    CoT : Stratholme: x3
    Old Kingdom: x2
    Drag'Tharon Keep: x2
    Gundrak: x2
    Violet Hold: x1

And for the record, I have unlocked the new dungeons.

This leaves following unlocked:

Frozen Halls (3) , Utgarde (2), Nexus, ToC, Ulduar (2) = 8 unused dungeons.

Wasn't the system meant to prevent this?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Random dungeon is NOT random

Random doesn´t mean not getting the same instance over and over it just means - Take a roll 1-10 out of those numbers a RANDOM instance comes out.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

this only proves that it is random.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Random roll is random.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Blizzard very explicit did state that it wouldn't attempt to run the same dungeons over and over again all day, specific with Oculus in mind.

Either they must have removed this, or the implementation is seriously broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Runda
    this only proves that it is random.
    actually it doesn't prove that it is random. it also doesn't disprove that it is random. it only proves that people will whine about anything they can whine about.

Random rng is random.

If you flip a coin 100 times, there is still a 50 % chance of it going either way.

Deleted

Its random...
    I have had no Drak´tharon or CoS today, yet 4x Anub - 1x Saron - 2x HoR (ty) - 2x Gundrak.
    Theese are the ones i remember, they are random!

10+ Year Old Account

I've done:

Oculus x3
    HoS x3
    AN x2
    CoS x2
    DTK x2

So yeah, it sucks so fucking hard. Where is the new HCs or ToC even?
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Random rng is random.

If you flip a coin 100 times, there is still a 50 % chance of it going either way.
    Actually there is a negligibly smaller chance for it to land on heads do to the weighting.

10+ Year Old Account

The first ever random heroic I ran was FoS.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

i've gotten hos, occ, toc, up, uk, occ, ok, toc

to me, with that limited pool of tests, id say its random enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitingisfun
    Hallo huter . good is 2 now ther is hunter woh playd till vanilla . i haved warr 2 but i was bored lol . i aso reed alot moore much forums but i writ so dab enlish i caus breein dmg to peoplol i beter just reed an wathcs i no writ point less posts an topics but mein ting is that peopl under tsand wat u writ .
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It's like reading a slowly evolving train wreck.

I've done yesterday like ~20 runs with this ramdom instance tool.. what u are saying it total bull shit...
    had only Old kingdom x5, ocu x3, vh x2 and gundrak x3 and rest of instances once. Bliz said also that if u're saved in one of heroics it will lower chance to get there... it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So today:

Also, if other people haven't unlocked the other two frozen halls, you won't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm
    The first ever random heroic I ran was FoS.
    Same here, then I hopped on my less geared level 80 alt for another Random Heroic and I got ToC...

I, for one, like my chances.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

Evenly distributed is the exact opposit of random, namely a predictable pattern. In a random, and any good psudorandom number generator, you have to apply the law of large numbers before you can talk of evenly distributed. In any "small" number of trials it will be unevenly distributed, that's just the nature of randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Random rng is random.

Actually it can land on its edge too, whilst improbable its certainly possible. Obviously though I get your meaning, and yes the OP is stupid.

Cuz 16 heroicz is a gud sample size of the millions of ppl duing heroix AMIRITE?

People really need to understand that random implies that over a large enough sample size, it generally balances out. If you took a sample of oh, I don't know, 10million or so heroics, you would see that there isnt a trend and random truly is random, or you could at the very least begin to see it. Trying to judge how 'random' something is based on a mere 16 its not only stupid, its laughably so.

Blizzard very explicit did state that it wouldn't attempt to run the same dungeons over and over again all day, specific with Oculus in mind.

Either they must have removed this, or the implementation is seriously broken.

hmmm...no. Actually they said that it being random makes it improbable, but doesn't rule out the possibility. You can, and will get the same heroics sometimes. You might be unlucky and see the same heroic 50 times in a row, and by the same token there will be people who never ever see that particular heroic. That would probably mean that its random. You know. Like it says. Random Heroic.

If you don't like it find a group locally on your own realm and then sign up for whatever instance you so desperately want to run. What Random Heroic will not do is give you each instance once and then repeat. For reasons why, see above.

You must understand a few things. First of all its random based on what the other members of your group have done. For example. If you did DTK and nobody else in your group did DTK then you still have a pretty high chance of getting in DTK. Most likely it's not going to pick a instance for you then wait for 4 other people to randomly get assigned to that instance. I would assume that it makes the group first, checks the instances people in the group have run, then randomly chooses an instance based on that information. You could try a few things to test this theory. If you get a group of 5 together and just use the random dungeon to select the dungeon you should see more of a variety in instances. If you keep using the dungeon finder to get 4 other people your own personal lockouts don't weight as heavily because it has to also consider the lockouts of 4 other people when choosing a dungeon. Also like someone already mentioned in order to do the new instances everyone in your group must have completed the quests. It's very likely that this isn't the case so early in the expansion.

Also, random is random. It does not mean you wont get the same heroics time and time again. Besides who cares? All of them get you fucking badges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    So today:

Random is random. Random doesn't mean that when you flip a coin you get heads then tails then heads then tails. If you flip enough coins you are bound to get points where you get 4 heads in a row or 4 tails in a row. With the number of people doing the random heroics odds are there will be people who see lots of repeats just because there are so many chance. It's the same as one server getting the same random daily several days in a row.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Get 16 ping-pong balls, number them 1-16, toss them into a hat and come back to us with the results. Seriously, Blizz implements a fantastic system that has the potential to give you as many Emblems of Triumph a day as you can possibly collect and still there are people out there like this, moaning at the slightest thing.
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.