Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Random dungeon is NOT random

Quote Originally Posted by flamejackal
    actually it doesn't prove that it is random. it also doesn't disprove that it is random. it only proves that people will whine about anything they can whine about.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstrike
    I'll sum up this thread:

WAHHHH!!!!! I wanted to get the icecrown instances several times so i can get easy epix!

Seriously, cry more.
    I'm running the instances for the 100 pug's pet achievement. I couldn't care less about loot or emblems. Hence why it's so shitty boring having to do the same instances over and over again.

I'm not going to use the random option beyond the "daily", after I'm done (80/100 now)

Random is random is random.

Funny word though. Does it describe anything?

I mean I cant think of a single truly random occurence, and as far as i know its impossible to program a computer to chose something at random. You can write an algorithm that simulates randomness very closely, but random it isnt.

So...randomness is in the eye of the beholder. You percieve it to be random (or in this case, not random).

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    Get 16 ping-pong balls, number them 1-16, toss them into a hat and come back to us with the results. Seriously, Blizz implements a fantastic system that has the potential to give you as many Emblems of Triumph a day as you can possibly collect and still there are people out there like this, moaning at the slightest thing.
    This.
    Classic WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by reyalppus
    Exactly as i said before
    Im backing you up man

(or maybe its still real early and I have forgotten how to read)

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I ran like 30 instances in 2 days. (All heroic, mind you)

4x UK
    3x VH
    1x Halls of reflection
    2x Oculus
    1x Azjol Nerub
    3x Pit of Saron
    1x Ahn'Kahet
    0x CoT: Strat
    1x HoLightning
    2x HoStone
    0x Gundrak
    1x Nexus
    4x Utgarde Pinnacle
    3x TotC
    1x Forge of Souls

So yeah, it's random alright. Just being lucky/unlucky causes you to run the same instance over and over.

Let me ask you.

Haven't you ever crit three times in a row? You call that random, or programmed?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster
    Random roll is random.

I don't think the dungeon tool works entirely random. I am pretty sure they use a system to distribute the number of groups equally accross all dungeons. Because there are still a lot of groups that go to the 3 new instances directly the dungeon tool wil favor all the other instances.

Example:

Forge of Souls: 20 groups
    Pit of Saron: 15 groups
    Halls of Reflection: 17 groups
    TOC: 7 groups
    Gundrak: 5 groups
    Ahn Kahet : 1 group
    Oculus: 0 groups

Because the new instances already have a lot of players the tool will assign a new group to the instances that have fewer players. So the unpopular instances like Oculus etc. will be chosen more often. It still has a random component but it is heavily biased.

Of course this is just speculation, but I am a programmer myself and this is the way I would have programmed it. It just makes sense.