Shadowfrost Shards

Does anyone knows if Shadowfrost shards will drop for everyone who has the quest? It appears to be a quest item, but i'm not sure if it will be a drop like Val'anyr fragments.

Simple question, simple answer. Thanks in advise and sorry for the bad english.

Re: Shadowfrost Shards

http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=50274

there is no simple answer for this question, cause as for now we do not know, wowhead, and mmo-champion database lists it as an epic quality, and quest item, wowarmory does not

tbh i think it's more likely to assume there will be 1x, and not 1 for everyone to loot, which makes getting shadowmourne take endless ammount of time, and by the time you get it crafted, you'll have gotten most of the hardmodes down and the axe won't be used that much for progression raids (unless you struggle with the hardmodes)

Hmmm, I didn't see the item in wowarmory, but if it's a legendary quality item it will most likely be like Val'anyr fragments I suppose. Thanks for the quick response

I don't think it would be like val'anyr because val was just 30 shards and 1 quest, while shadowmourne has a whole chain with a lot stuff to do and 60 shards to collect...
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    I don't think it would be like val'anyr because val was just 30 shards and 1 quest, while shadowmourne has a whole chain with a lot stuff to do and 60 shards to collect...
    Yeah but if each shadowfrost shard drops for everyone who has the quest, there will be a lot of people with it (25 primordial saronite and doing few things in 25 normal mode is fairly doable for people in raiding guilds), and then the weapon will lose the legendary feeling.

Deleted

Ghostcrawler already stated that only one person can loot the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter
    Source please D:!

Quote Originally Posted by Flitter
    link please? i'm pretty sure the only thing he said was that they didn't wanna make "wellfare legendaries yet" and that you should look at the val'anyr one for "guidance"

The item doesn't start a quest though, so it seems you're going need the quest first before you can collect shards. 60 shards it a lot and with ICC coming out in separate pieces, it should be awhile before Shadowmourne can be put together even though the Armory is saying it drops from regular and heroic 25. Sorry 10 man guilds. :[

Deleted

yeah it's always the same ..fuck those who can't get 25 regular raid member s :>

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa
    yeah it's always the same ..fuck those who can't get 25 regular raid member s :>
    in all fairness, if this was obtained in 10 man's aswell, the 25 man guilds would organize tons of groups and get million of those legendaries :l

Deleted

Im just asking what could "I shall require those shards, held only by the Lich King's most powerful servants, to seal the power contained in your blade." mean?

"Raids will have a limited number of attempts total each week to defeat the four most difficult encounters in Icecrown Citadel: Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel, Sindragosa, and the Lich King."

More about shadowmourne here.