Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4p t10 vs. 2p t9

which one is better when we start getting more gear, the percentage increase from t10 or the proc on strength from t9

Re: 4p t10 vs. 2p t9

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    which one is better when we start getting more gear, the percentage increase from t10 or the proc on strength from t9
    2T9 147.54
    4T9 457.38
    2T10 234.43
    4T10 345.9

The only bonus worth mentioning of the T9 set is the 4pc bonus, and even now after the patch it isn't super good, and the 4pc t10 is easily on par. Currently my 4pc t10 is worth about 3% of my damage in single target situations, and I'm unholy, so expect to see a smaller number if you're blood or frost. The T10 bonus is obviously worth about 3% as well assuming you can keep it up, and if you're a dk who has trouble keeping all his runes on CD then I'd like to introduction you to my friend Ro Tation.

The 2pc T10 is a much better bonus then the 2pc T9, given that it has an effect on one of our most used strikes in all our rotations, it's arguably the least effective for the unholy tree because scourge strike isn't a huge portion of our damage anymore. I suppose that's what we get for taking so much value out of the 4pc t9 bonus pre 3.3

And bonuses aside, replacing the 232 t9 shoulders and gloves for the T10 variants, gives an increase of 40 strength alone. I'm not sure about blood or frost but unholy players will be dropping their 4pc t9 for 2pc t10 as soon as we can get our hands on it.

does anyone if about blood or frost in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbringer
    does anyone if about blood or frost in this case
    Wut?

the T10 2p sucks no DS just Ob and SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypseqq
    i would assume 7% on hs would be better (which is whats on t10)

basically from what i understand 4pc t9 = 2pc t10, except the t10 has better stats, so go with 10

And heart strike? Those are the biggest attacks of their respective specs?

Well scourge strike isn't, with current gear scourge strike is 2, maybe 3 depending.

Chrono... where are you getting your numbers from???

SS does the most damage on nearly every single fight for Unholy DKs as of this patch...
    In a PVE setting that is.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hellerman
    i would assume 7% on hs would be better (which is whats on t10)

basically from what i understand 4pc t9 = 2pc t10, except the t10 has better stats, so go with 10
    4t9 is actually quite a bit better than 2t10... just not enough to make up for the stat difference, so you had part of that right.

Also, what Kael said.

Deleted

Wouldn't be so sure about that.

The values listed on EJ are, I believe, AP equivalency, meaning dropping from 4xT9 to 2xT10 loses you just over 200AP.

That won't always be compensated by the stat upgrades, especially if the T9 you're replacing isn't the 232 stuff.

Numbers are generated from some benchmark gear in a simulator anyway. If you want more accurate numbers you should do it yourself, using your own gear.

If you use DS as your main attack in rotation then guess who sucks here...

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by choody
    What does this even mean? You get HSx6 from a full twelve-rune rotation. That's over half of your runes spent on HS. Where's DS? Oh wait, four runes, and that's only so you can generate more death runes for HS.
    What's this "main attack" bullshit? The signature attack of Blood is Heart Strike. Two Heart Strikes also outdamage one Death Strike by a great deal as far as I'm aware. Like... I don't really think you have any clue what you're talking about.

[e]: I kinda came off as a huge asshole. Uh.. my points still stand, but pretend I said them in a way that wasn't so aggressive. I also don't really know about the damage of DS vs. HS. It just makes sense to me that HSx2 > DSx1. Especially if both of those HS deal 7% more damage. :\

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis
    What does this even mean? You get HSx6 from a full twelve-rune rotation. That's over half of your runes spent on HS. Where's DS? Oh wait, four runes, and that's only so you can generate more death runes for HS.
    What's this "main attack" bullshit? The signature attack of Blood is Heart Strike. Two Heart Strikes also outdamage one Death Strike by a great deal as far as I'm aware. Like... I don't really think you have any clue what you're talking about.
    Erm, point is, death strike is a "secondary strike". As you say, its purpose is to make death runes for your primary strike, which is heart strike, which the set bonus buffs.

It buffs the primary strikes of each spec: HS (blood) Ob (Frost) SS (unholy)

It ignores the secondary strikes of each spec: DS (blood) BS (Frost) BS (unholy)

Quote Originally Posted by Praxis

[e]: I kinda came off as a huge asshole. Uh.. my points still stand, but pretend I said them in a way that wasn't so aggressive. I also don't really know about the damage of DS vs. HS. It just makes sense to me that HSx2 > DSx1. Especially if both of those HS deal 7% more damage. :\
    Learn to read before posting anything. Guy that I quoted said that "the T10 2p sucks no DS just Ob and SS." Why the hell would they include DS in T10 2p? That's the whole point.

i have a ? for you.

i have a ? for you.

that just hurt my head

i have a ? for you.
    what is youre rotation may i ask. and do you know how to play a dk. Just asking.

And HEARTSTRIKE.

L2 readingcomprehension?
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.