Maelstrom weapon

Maybe this question is a stone age question and quite possibly been answered million times. i cant find it in faq nor in wowwiki.com

1. whats the ppm?
    2. does it come to a point where haste no longer help the proc rate? if so, whats the estimated/calculated figure?

thx.

Re: Maelstrom weapon

It is pure chance on hit not ppm. I can recal the % chance. So haste will always improve your odds of getting more procs.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Search the spell on Wowhead.com and read the comments, but make sure u read the more recent ones near the bottom, lots of good info.

It usually procs every 7-8 sec with average gear, and more like 6-7 with better gear. As a new Shaman though I would stack AP and not even worry about haste, but do make sure to get gear with haste>armor pen.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shamnew
    Maybe this question is a stone age question and quite possibly been answered million times. i cant find it in faq nor in wowwiki.com

1. whats the ppm?
    2. does it come to a point where haste no longer help the proc rate? if so, whats the estimated/calculated figure?

thx.
    It is 10 ppm rate, however it is calculated as a percentage chance on the weapon landing - slower weapons = higher chance so that the speed evens out to 10ppm at base speed. Hasted obviously ups that rate.

Haste affects weapon swings that affects the number of times the weapon lands and thus the proc rate. Hasting beyond the point where its physically impossible to cast instant LB and still keep up other abilities is not advised and so no one has calculated the figure to my knowledge.