Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Main spec>off spec right?

I clearly state that I intend to roll on DPS-gear at the start of dungeons. I clearly state they're allowed to, as well.
    If they mind, I'm free to leave. I have instant-queues, it's no worries for me.

There are so many incredibly spoiled plate-dps'ers already, and you always end up in group with them.

With that said, I usually greed anyway, if a dps-item drops, and someone needs.

See if you state in the beg. of the run that yes though I am tank i will be rolling on dps gear-that is ok, then it is up to me to decide to stay in group or not. What pisses me off are the people who wait for the dps gear to drop then roll on it.

State your intention in the beg. and where fine, wait till it drops well now your just being a douche

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Dun matter jackshit anyway. The specc you are performing in the instance is the one you roll as reguardless of what u normally play or prefer to play or whatever, its what u play atm so thats what you roll as unless you have talked to the grp about rolling as another specc.
    Maybe in your perfect world. Just because I'm tanking something doesn't mean that's why I came to the dungeon.

People say there are incerably spoiled plate DPS'ers on different servers and yet they roll on whatever they need judging by what drops. Seems to me the plate DPS'ers are not the only greedy bastards in the bunch, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I clearly state that I intend to roll on DPS-gear at the start of dungeons. I clearly state they're allowed to, as well.
    If they mind, I'm free to leave. I have instant-queues, it's no worries for me.

There are so many incredibly spoiled plate-dps'ers already, and you always end up in group with them.

With that said, I usually greed anyway, if a dps-item drops, and someone needs.
    I try to make this quite clear as well. I tank because ppl need it, and it provides near-instant queues. Never fails though, someone will complain every time I roll for a dps piece even when I made it explicitly clear. Particularly in VoA this comes up a lot, all you can do is declare early and don't feel guilty about it

Quote Originally Posted by Entitygm
    I try to make this quite clear as well. I tank because ppl need it, and it provides near-instant queues. Never fails though, someone will complain every time I roll for a dps piece even when I made it explicitly clear. Particularly in VoA this comes up a lot, all you can do is declare early and don't feel guilty about it
    Agreed, even in guild. My guild wants me to heal... they think that should be my main spec and even label me as a main spec healer, but FUCK THAT. I hate healing. I do it cause it gets me into the raids but I always go for the DPS gear before healing. Sometimes they get pissy but thats too fuckin bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirion
    Agreed, even in guild. My guild wants me to heal... they think that should be my main spec and even label me as a main spec healer, but FUCK THAT. I hate healing. I do it cause it gets me into the raids but I always go for the DPS gear before healing. Sometimes they get pissy but thats too fuckin bad.
    L2 use dkp with your guild, solves all problems. If someone wants it for mainspec they should bid enough to show it

/out

Quote Originally Posted by Facerolllollol
    L2 use dkp with your guild, solves all problems. If someone wants it for mainspec they should bid enough to show it

/out
    Bah... my guild does not use DKP. We use one main spec/one off spec roll per raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Name one realm where this is not the no 1 basic lootrule...
    Yes in 100% of realms this is probably true. But that is for that realm as a whole. There is bound to be people who think differently about this matter than the rest of their realm. I for instance am a dk with 232/245 dps gear that i can easily pull 5k in most heroics. I also have a decent set of tank gear and although i would rather dps i tank because id rather wait 10 seconds than 10 minutes for a group to pop. That being said i am one of the main melee dps raiders in my guild and they like me to keep my gear current. So when i find out that FoS for instance drops the nice dps trink off the last boss you can bet im going to roll on it even if im tanking because that is the one dps upgrade that i can get out of all 3 of the new heroics. See what i did there? Different loot rules by an individual on a realm. If you say at the beginning of the instance that i can't roll on dps gear fine. I dont have a problem with it. But if you say nothing then im going to roll on it because it is an upgrade for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah
    I always thought that the random dungeon cooldown timer was a goal. If you can complete the run before it runs out you win.

Wow some of you are really messed up. I don't have to worry about a tank or a healer taking DPS loot cause I am a hunter. With that said my alt is a 72 pally. You tanks and even healers forget is that the DPS have to WAIT for awhile to get into this places. While you picking a spec that doesn't need to wait can go on and just do whatever and that isn't fair. You roll for what you are currently spec'd in or ask at the very least. Many people who waited for awhile who doing instances get shafted cause you are too impatient to wait. I won't be a dick and roll on DPS plate gear that I want cause I saw it as a Holy Pally cause it is wrong. I went in getting Holy gear, but since I am ret too there will be dps plate gear I would like, but won't roll on cause it is wrong. They waited for how long to get in while I, holy paladin got in quickly makes it even more wrong to roll on dps gear cause they waited quite awhile. Don't shaft people who waited 15-30min or even a hour (I waited about almost a hour for reg nexus) cause you refuse to sit and wait There are some of those people who need to keep their gear current as well due to their guild and waited, so that isn't much of a excuse to roll on gear you're not spec'd in as well. Your guild isn't gonna kick you out in 1 day cause you don't have the current up to date gear and they should help you if they want you to stay up to date if it is that important. I mean seriously if you need the gear, use your emblems to get the gear. They're not that hard to get (yes I know it can be said the same to me as well) BUT you can get the dps emblem gear faster cause you can do more instances in a day then said dps cause you can spec into tank or healer. You are screwing 1-3 people over cause you couldn't wait. I truly hope this doesn't become the norm cause alot of dps will get screwed cause over geared tanks and healers who need dps gear couldn't wait and want it NOW. I am not "omg too much competition, I am dropping out" guy, but don't roll on stuff you're not currently spec'd for. There are other ways to get your dps armor, don't screw the dps that waited in queue unlike you.

This
    /thread

I dont feel any pity whatsoever for that random loldkdps that doesnt have a tanking dual spec simply cause he's either too bad or too lazy to be flexible and fit common demand.
    Now dont get me wrong... if some DPS does a good job and its a good group i happily pass if its a big upgrade for him. But if some terribad DPSer gets carried through the whole instance i dont waste a thought about if i'm gonna roll need or not

Unless otherwise stated, you roll on the spec you are currently in the raid as, if you say something at the beginning then that is what you roll as. A prot warrior goes to VoA and he says nothing but want to roll on dps gear, his dps gear drops, he can't roll, conversely if he says something at the beginning he can roll on it, but can't roll on any prot gear that drops. I had a loot master in VoA not let me roll on the 245 dps legs because apparently, "I don't need any tank gear out of here but I would like to roll on the dps legs if they drop" isn't clarification enough to, I am rolling on them if they drop.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwingtipshoes
    Usually DKs like that are also the ones that are terribad tanks and lead to a group wipe.
    Worst tanks I've run into were warriors. First one wasn't def capped - complete fail of a pug. Second one was massively undergeared for PoS, and it was obviously his first time tanking anything, he didn't know about threat OR rotations, AND (AND) he refused to learn from the experienced raiders who knew something of warrior tanking - he also didn't follow basic instructions like "when ick starts to cast you run the hell away~!" - he also needed on DPS gear at the end over a DK who had smashed some serious face (and often tanked the last half of bosses). Third one in FoS kept standing in the soul wells on Devourer, and got himself gibbed by the wailing soul ability TWICE. On top of that, he kept trying to kick the healer from the group saying it was her inability to heal that wasn't keeping him up. When I told him to stop it and just start paying the hell attention to where he was standing, he told us that he was going to AFK and not do anything until the two of us left. After reminding the warlock to stop gibbing people during the mirror and finally convincing said idiot warrior to pay attention to where he was standing, we got her down flawlessly.

What was his response? "Wow, did you let your little brother heal that time? It was like you were a whole new person!"

Holy shit.

DKs, even the ones that are still a little new to tanking haven't been near as bad.

Click on my website link - it's the whole history of Azeroth in point form!