Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

@ Ghostcrawler insulting his costumers

Poster says

Heres a heads up for what some noob on the general forum is going to copy and paste

"Hello GC,
    I rarely post. But after reading the majority of your responses to posters of late. They seem to be rather rude nor really touching on any of the concerns of your player base. Hell I just went through 3 pages of your post and they are rather negative.

I guess end of day is this we should expect to be treated after years of commitment to this community? People are heated over the recent nerfs. But don't you think you could be a tad more professional and address these post with more tack?

Just saying "

Now you can think of something negetive to say Goodluck.

GC's response is

You'd be banned for spamming and trolling since the topic of this forum is class mechanics and balance. Your opinions of me or any Blizzard employee as designers, moderators or communicators aren't appropriate for this forum.

However, if you just really want to vent, feel free to jump into the Fan the Flames thread. All the cool disgruntled kids hang out there.
    I find it hilarious how a company can start insulting his clients just because they have "alot" of clients.
    I remember how respectfull and helpfull the CM's were back when blizzard was smaller despite the fact that there were alot of trolls back then as well, I just wouldn't picture any one calling their clients "Disgruntled kids".

P.S before I get personal atacks, I would like to add that I am from the EU servers and cannot post on the US ones.

Re: @ Ghostcrawler insulting his costumers

obvious troll is obvious?

Just in case:
    Ghostcrawler has to deal with a mewling mass of whiney, stupid, idiotic children.
    When everything u said is pulled out of shape and misrepresented you tend to get a little cynical.
    Personally I think compared to the general shit he deals with day to day he's quite relaxed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Seriously, have you ever worked any type of customer service job before? You will find out that 90% of customers are wrong and are idiots. Now magnify that by the fact that you are dealing with these customers through a computer where they can hide their naisily voice and ugly 4-eyed pimply face and its easy to see that blizzard probably has to deal with the worst of the worst most entitled brats on the planet. Let them insult away, if you don't like it, go play aion, im sure they wont care and niether will we.

15+ Year Old Account

Requested: any moderator with a brain to delete this thread before it might turn into a flame war

-Please.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Actually I did work at the company vodaphone wich is a mobile service company. My job was to pick up the calls from clients find what their problem with their phone was and try and fix it for them.

I have to say that YES most clients are idiots, but if I were to use the languege GC uses I would of been fired since day 1.

You reap what you sow, if the person he was replying to was indeed spamming and trolling then he probably deserved it.

Again, I do agree that the person was an ass. I am just saying that 3 or 4 years ago this wouldn't of happened.
    It's just sad to see that a company starts to treat its clients worse just because they have so many clients now

GC was hired to be ignorant and appear like a moron so that the players direct their hate at him.

His job is to take the the hits so the rest of the developers don't have to deal with it, so that's why he says things like this so you keep focusing on him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by flamey

I find it hilarious how a company can start insulting his clients just because they have "alot" of clients.
    I remember how respectfull and helpfull the CM's were back when blizzard was smaller despite the fact that there were alot of trolls back then as well, I just wouldn't picture any one calling their clients "Disgruntled kids".

P.S before I get personal atacks, I would like to add that I am from the EU servers and cannot post on the US ones.
    And your whole post just confirms how right he is about a majority of the playerbase.

Ghostcrawler is putting it as it is, and you're grumpy because he's right on the freaking target with it.

Heres a heads up for what some noob on the general forum is going to copy and paste

"Hello GC,
    I rarely post. But after reading the majority of your responses to posters of late. They seem to be rather rude nor really touching on any of the concerns of your player base. Hell I just went through 3 pages of your post and they are rather negative.

I guess end of day is this we should expect to be treated after years of commitment to this community? People are heated over the recent nerfs. But don't you think you could be a tad more professional and address these post with more tack?

Just saying "

Now you can think of something negetive to say :P Goodluck.
    This is what the "awfull disgruntled kid posted"

But even so the point is that the "disgruntled kids" are the ones paying for GC's salary.

Quote Originally Posted by malkara
    Requested: any moderator with a brain to delete this thread before it might turn into a flame war

-Please.

Another thing, ghostcrawler isnt always like that, a lot of times he is helpful and provides us with good information or answers questions on the forums etc. When people act like bitches he treats them like a bitch. Give some respect to them and they give respect back. It's the entitled little pricks that thing the world needs to bend over for them that QQ when someone acts like an ass right back to them. You need to earn respect, they don't need to just give it to you because you pay them a tiny amount of money per month.

10+ Year Old Account

I just don't like Ghostcrawler as a person...I prefer it when we have mysterious blizzard employess on the wow forums that dont insult customers and instead just lock threads or ban people, the paragrapth you quoted kind of resemble words from a forum bully or troll that just posts because he has nothing better to do telling the user to "QQ more" , "L2P" or simply "noob".

Ghostcrawler is sometimes seen as the face or spokesman of blizzard and being rude to customers no matter how stupid or immature they are isn't the right way to go.

Many jobs involve listening to idiotic customers but part of the job is knowing when and where to let off steam.

Yes you will probablly flame me ...but i don't really mind as you choose to spend your time on the these forums expressing your opinions just like i do.

edit:

GC was hired to be ignorant and appear like a moron so that the players direct their hate at him.

His job is to take the the hits so the rest of the developers don't have to deal with it, so that's why he says things like this so you keep focusing on him.
    That's the way it actually feels like when listening to him talk TBH....

Considering the amount of posters that try to provoke him or twist his words on him he usually maintains a fairly calm attitude.

I think he does a good job considering the average maturity of the people he's dealing with

I'd still love for him to just snap one of these days ;D

Nerd Poster - " GC Why did you nerf my class again! It's so not fair "

GC - " @$*! Off Nerd, it's because you touch yourself at night "

If any whiny, pussy kid that most likely hasn't even finished high school started telling me how to do my job I wouldn't be as calm as GC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    I'll be honest, since most of you are too worried about your image.

If I ever met Ghostcrawler, I'd knock him square in the nose without hesitating for a second.

And that goes for pretty much most of the CM's from the forums.

I don't care if people are acting like little shit heads, you don't speak to them that way, and you never speak to your customers (the people paying your salary) like that, specially since some of them are in fact kids.

He doesn't need to make any comments to the trolls and whiners, it'd be best if he simply banned them and locked or deleted the threads plain and simple.
    And there would be even more whining and everyone would talk shit about how GC just locks threads and bans people (very much like people do now). It doesn't change a thing. If you feel insulted by what he's saying, that just means you might be one of those disgruntled kids.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577
    Sorry but Blizzard/Activision has more games than just World of Warcraft that allow them to rake in money. Sure WoW probably does make them a lot but to think that your paying GC's salary is a fucking joke, go take long walk off a short pier and stop being an entitled little girly fuck.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by flamey

This is what the "awfull disgruntled kid posted"

But even so the point is that the "disgruntled kids" are the ones paying for GC's salary.
    Sorry but Blizzard/Activision has more games than just World of Warcraft that allow them to rake in money. Sure WoW probably does make them a lot but to think that your paying GC's salary is a fucking joke, go take long walk off a short pier and stop being an entitled little girly fuck.

If i had his job id probably be a lot more open then that. I am sure he has to deal with a lot of people like this kid and he is responding in the way that he feels that person might best be able to understand. And hes making fun of most of the people that play this game. Deservedly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Azeroth
    I'll be honest, since most of you are too worried about your image.

If I ever met Ghostcrawler, I'd knock him square in the nose without hesitating for a second.

And that goes for pretty much most of the CM's from the forums.

I don't care if people are acting like little shit heads, you don't speak to them that way, and you never speak to your customers (the people paying your salary) like that, specially since some of them are in fact kids.

He doesn't need to make any comments to the trolls and whiners, it'd be best if he simply banned them and locked or deleted the threads plain and simple.

OHHHH SHIT ETHUG IN THE HOUSE.

Get a fucking life, if you want to knock someone square in the nose over something said on a forum about a video game you need some serious fucking psychotherapy you twisted fuck. Seek help.

I've worked customer service for quite some time, I was a trainer for a US mobile phone provider that I won't name here, I offered technical support for a major US cable internet provider, and a major canadian cable television provider. In four years of service, I discovered that the worst thing you can do to calm a heated situation is to add fuel.

That being said.

I do not envy Ghostcrawler or ANY of the staff of Blizzard's "Public Relations" team. Ghostcrawler doesn't have the job of bringing good news to the community. His sole job, from what I can figure, is to deliver the worst information possible in such a way that the community accepts it. Generally speaking, if he gets hated for it, he shouldn't rightly care. It's his job, and given my understanding of Blizzard's pay grade and profit sharing for their employees I suspect he's extremely well compensated.

You're all saying if you had his job you would do it much better and all this but it's like i said a min ago, he was hired to just take the hits from the public for the company. I mean if you watch him post he posts as if he has no clue how classes even work in the aspect they are nerfing/buffing them, i don't know about you but i am pretty sure blizzard isn't dumb enough to hire someone he doesn't even know how for example, a shaman works in pvp.