Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are my holy lights so weak?

Well ive been healing for about 3 days and I have really just given up on holy lights. Right now to me there a waste of mana and they are very weak. Ive stuck with fol because 1. Its faster 2. Even does more healing sometimes. I really would like to figure this out. I was looking at the guide on the forums and i copied one of the holy light builds. Did I, by accident, copy a fol build, because i would prefer it. or is it my trinkets which I know are weak but I dont think it should affect it as much. Can someone check out my armory and tell me what could be wrong and tell me hwo to fix it.
    Ive seen pallys dropping 16k holy lights with around the same gear as me and mine only hit around 5-8k while fol hits 4-7.
    link in sig

PVP subforum, where 1500 rated players can voice there opinions
    -Ex ret paladin

Re: Why are my holy lights so weak?

Check your spell rank, I've had problems with spell ranks staying at lower ones with mods. These seem to stick when i dual-spec change and the old ranks hang over, make sure you check that out!

I was about to make a list with improvements, but stooped when i saw the 18+spirit enchant on your brace

Edidt: 18 spirit on boots too ???

spirit is bad for paladin healers
    thats your problem

Well I can see 2 options:

1. ms/the overpower thing
    2. Low spell rank

Spirit was only put on there because i got it for free tbh. My buddy just said he gave them to me so i took them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    Well I can see 2 options:

1. ms/the overpower thing
    2. Low spell rank
    what do you mean by that?

edit: just checked it guys. It was teh spell rank issue. Thanks so much for reminding me for that. My hl are now hitting for what they should be. Kind of impressive i healed naxx with low spell rank on holy light and flash of light

-Ex ret paladin

Quote Originally Posted by iflame
    Spirit was only put on there because i got it for free tbh. My buddy just said he gave them to me so i took them.what do you mean by that?

edit: just checked it guys. It was teh spell rank issue. Thanks so much for reminding me for that. My hl are now hitting for what they should be. Kind of impressive i healed naxx with low spell rank on holy light and flash of light
    no it isnt
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Spirit enchant=no enchant. Tell your friend to stop wasting Mats. Int,int, and MORE INT.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    no it isnt
    OK your right. Guess what i meant is that i got all the way through naxx without noticing the rank difference.

-Ex ret paladin

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

If you get hit with Overpower while casting (and the warrior has the talent) you lose 50% spellpower, I think it is. Might by -50% healing/damage done. Either way it sucks.

MS - Mortal Strike on your target. That's -50% healing done.

I'm a paladin, and I don't suggest giving up on holy light. My best guess is somehow you have the wrong spell rank on your toolbar. Make sure you are using max rank. I am using Ulduar 25 gear for my holy set and I can sometimes see crits of almost 20k with Holy Light. Its a useful tool.

Dude i looked at your armory and i died a alittle inside :'(
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by gamerguy19876
    Dude i looked at your armory and i died a alittle inside :'(
    ? ok

And if you didnt see I did find the problem. Wrong spell rank. Now healing what i thought i should be. thanks guys

-Ex ret paladin

Wrong spell rank. Now healing what i thought i should be. thanks guys
    Happened on my priest. when changing specs, ranks don't seem to update.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

? ok

And if you didnt see I did find the problem. Wrong spell rank. Now healing what i thought i should be. thanks guys
    Paladins aren't spirital healers.

Your mana pool is also oddly low.

And your Glyphs are wrong. Change SoL for SoW.

With your mana pool you will also find the heroism libram much much better.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

"Jenkins" :
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

spirit enchants..... :'(
    u need better trinkets. reg ToC is easy so farm. 2nd can be the triumph badge trinket...i mean u can get that by running random daily lik 5 times...
    I DONT RAID! SO SUE MEhttp://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zuluhed&cn=Holyelder

You're welcome! I've had this problem on all my characters. Between leveling up, changing specs, and dual-spec changes, the ranks wont always update.

<WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest