Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sliver of Pure Ice healer trink or heal/dps trink

in my guild 10 man ICC run (http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50339/sliver-of-pure-ice/) dropped. well my guild master said that it could be a healer or dps item. i personally thought this was bogus and i happened to lose to a mage on it. what is your opinion? healz only item or both?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Sliver of Pure Ice healer trink or heal/dps trink

Always a dilemma if it's for caster dps or healers.
    Truth is, in this case, I think there's better trinkets out there for both healers and dps. But I will say that I think a healer would make better use of this trinket. As a dps I always prefer trinkets with either a proc or use effect to increase dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdance
    in my guild 10 man ICC run and Sliver of Pure Ice (http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50339/sliver-of-pure-ice/). well my guild master said that it could be a healer or dps item. i personally thought this was bogus and i happened to lose to a mage on it. what is your opinion? healz only item or both?
    For dps it is "boost to amunt of room for casting what ya want to boost dps, which in very few situations, may be life-saving[like burst needed]). For Heals its more oftenly life-saving I'd assume(more than just being a healer, but as in directly preventing wipes). So it has much more advantage to heals I'd say.

im actually currently arguing with my guild master about it and he is saying that they are "mana users" there for it is just as efficient for them then it is for healers. and after looking at the mages item before she had it equipped, it is actualyl a downgrade. http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45308 this item gives crit and spell power, which would be much more of a dmg increase then the giving mana back

tbh it a healing trinket with the exception of an arcane mage, who tends to blow through their mana fairly quickly. Even with that said I'm pretty sure there's better regen trinkets out there then that for arc mages... example the 128int /600sp use. Though I don't play a mage so I'm merely accounting for the fact they get 15%mana (equiv to pallies) Evo every 2mins (30% to mana per min) and the fact they get Spellpower from int rather then just getting pure mana back.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

"Even with that said I'm pretty sure there's better regen trinkets out there then that for arc mages... example the 128int /600sp use"
    she is using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48724 and http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50339 . i have never seen this person go oom. i think she is strictly after gearscore.

Any dps spending dkp/rolling on that is plain retarded. Mithril Pocketwatch gives on average 120SP and 84 crit, which is superior to 158 spellpower. Except for an arcane mage (and even then it's VERY low), the mana return doesn't increase the dps at all.

i dont see an arcane mage needing to use 2 trinkets for mana conservation, if your going oom that much as a mage than you obviously dont know how to use your evocate/other mana back abilities

It's obviously healing, any dps with half a brain could tell you that that is a BAD dps item for its level. If they were in blues, sure it's probably an upgrade, but if that's the case why the hell are they coming to ICC?

Sounds to me like the guy who rolled on this is simply looking at the item level and in reality has no idea how to weigh up the value of items.

Effectively the on-use equates to 50MP5. Items with MP5 normally get healer priority, in the same way as items with +hit have dps priority.

Anyway, if you're a priest or a shaman I suggest you get your revenge by rolling on http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50340. DPS will claim it's just for them but it'll be easy to keep the SP effect stacked by dotting. If DPS in my guild started rolling on sliver, I'd definitely roll on the spyglass - somehow I don't think they'll like the turnabout.

this person is actually a fairly good dps, but now that she rolled on that item i am doubting it, I still kinda blame the raid leader for saying "they have mana its good for them" which is was really suprised that he said this because he normally says mp5 goes to healers all the time when a dps tries to roll on a mp5 item. dont know wtf he is thinking

15+ Year Old Account

This is NOT a dps item. It's a healer item. However it could be a dps upgrade for people like me, who couldn't get 2 decent dps trinkets so far I'm still using a spellpower+mp5 proc trinket for shadow dps, because I could not get a better one :/
    In a raid I would give priority for healers on this trinket. Any master looter giving this to a dps over a healer is stupid.

and thanks for agreeing with me. i actually ended up talking the mage into giving it to me, but shortly afterward my guild leader tells me that i have to give it back because its "not fair to other who rolled on it" and the only people that rolled on it other then me and her were other dps, which were a lock and a ele shammy. but yeah, its complete bs and i cant believe that my gm was being such an idiot

instead of me getting an upgrade i get to see some1 that doesnt even need it wear it because it makes her gs look good. i hope some1 calls her an idiot later on for wearing a healing item.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    This is NOT a dps item. [...]
    In a raid I would give priority for healers on this trinket. Any master looter giving this to a dps over a healer is stupid.
    This. Tell your raid leader to learn what stats classes use. That use is a giant waste on anything but a healer. Any dps taking it is being selfish, rude, and lowering their dps. Eye of the Broodmother for a dps should be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a healer trinket. Extra >'s for emphasis.

It's always a sad day when someone loses loot to an idiot..

i really wouldnt have cared if i would have lost it to another healer, even though i was practically carrying them through it(i was doing about 5.5k hps other 2 healers were doing around 2.5k) but the raid leader is saying that im just qqing about it because i didnt win an item i wanted. i wasnt even the highest rolled healer to roll...he is just being an idiot quite frankly, ive been with this guild a long time and i have never seen him make this stupid of a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Frelstie
    Always a dilemma if it's for caster dps or healers.
    Truth is, in this case, I think there's better trinkets out there for both healers and dps. But I will say that I think a healer would make better use of this trinket. As a dps I always prefer trinkets with either a proc or use effect to increase dps.
    I think you're right. There are better trinkets out there.

I know I'm going to sound like a troll, so I'll try to word this as nicely as possible. It's a neutral trinket, get over the lost roll or dps bid or however your guild does loot. If the GM thinks that the mage should have it, assuming he is not a complete asshat, no sexual favors were exchanged, and the GM is a competent GM, then I think you should let it go. If your GM does fit into one of the previous categories, then you're a idiot for staying in a fail guild.

tbh I'd rather have 2 Solace of the Fallen/Defeated (normal and heroic version), the normal version which restores nearly twice as much mana in nearly the same amount of time. Now if all you have access to is 10mans and you're unwilling to pug a 25, then a) find a better guild, or b) live with the fact that it went to a mage and wait for it to drop again. And remember, there's always http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50358

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsdance
    instead of me getting an upgrade i get to see some1 that doesnt even need it wear it because it makes her gs look good. i hope some1 calls her an idiot later on for wearing a healing item.
    it sounds like you're acting just as childish with this statement.

shit happens, deal with it and move on. if she's performing badly, bring it up, but in the same turn, if you're performing poorly...be prepared for the same. no need to bring your hurt penis to the interwebs.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw

tbh I'd rather have 2 Solace of the Fallen/Defeated (normal and heroic version)
    i have ran 25 toc a ton of times and only seen it drop once. and in that case i lost it to another healer. i dont think we have enough competant raiders right now to even touch icc seeing how we failed in 25 togc today. i probably should just let it go but really im just ticked off that a dps that before this i thought was decent rolled on what is more of a healing item

Didnt bother to read the posts above, i apologize in beforehand for that.

For starters this trinket( I have it myself and can give an honest opinion) aint all that good. The 245-int&sp as use- for badges is better and the trinket with crit/sp from razorscale 10men is better in 4 out of 5 encounters(would say all but if ya need the mana the new one is really good).

However if a healer needs this, if only for specific encounters, he/she should deffo have prio for it.
    Anything else is compareable to a healer needing a trinket that has a attackpower use effect because of the haste or whatever.

I know that a few ppl will disagree with me on this on so I won't even bother to check up on this topic after this.
    Just wanted to give you my side of the case.