Enh T10 Totem question

So both Ele and Enh totem seem valuable for us but what one is BiS for a PvE Enh shaman?

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50458

Or

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50463

reason I was wondering this is because both give a unique DPS increase on set skills, the Ele shaman one would mean more MSW procs, static shocks, and white DMG, while the Enh one would mean stronger attacks and harder hitting spells.

And if Avalanche is better, would that slap Lava lash down to bottom priority again?

Info on whats better and why would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Enh T10 Totem question

Judging by the fact that I've seen no calculations for these yet, I can't say for sure which is really "better" than the other. They seem awfully equal to me, and in that case, it becomes a matter of personal preference. I prefer AP over haste personally so I'll be getting Avalanche.

It doesn't matter which of these totems is better. If you replace Totem of Quaking Earth with ANY totem you will no longer get the proc effect, making Lava Lash a low priority again. If you take Avalanche, SS will become high priority (although it already is) and if you take Bizuri's FSh will become high priority (although it already is) like I said...kind of personal preference until I see any significant numbers that destroy my perspective.

run the sim. is 220 haste or 438 ap better? for me the haste would probalby win, but it could be different for you.

Also, i'd get 4pc first if i were you.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

It isn't as simple as "is haste better than AP". The Ele totem lasts for long enough that it should never drop off, the Enhancement one will drop off just about every time a boss like Marrowgar does his whirlwind phase. You might also get unlucky with timing, having to get out of melee range just as SS comes off cooldown because you're a living AoE or whatever and having the buff fall off before you return.

Deleted

Avalance sim-ed almost 100 DPS higher than Quaking Earth for me and 10-20 DPS ahead of new elemental totem making it the best investment for first 30 emblems of frost. Also 1 SS gives 2 charges of "Enraged" buff from Avalance shortening the build up time to just 8 sec. It's a clear winner for PvP and "trash" aswell where you hardly ever use Flame Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Crythe
    Avalance sim-ed almost 100 DPS higher than Quaking Earth for me and 10-20 DPS ahead of new elemental totem making it the best investment for first 30 emblems of frost. Also 1 SS gives 2 charges of "Enraged" buff from Avalance shortening the build up time to just 8 sec. It's a clear winner for PvP and "trash" aswell where you hardly ever use Flame Shock.
    How can 38 extra AP give you 100 dps upgrade? I call shenanigans!
    Its definitely not worth getting a totem before 4-part tier10.

Deleted

It's not just extra 38AP. QE does not have have 100% uptime if you use 3.3 max DPS rotation that has LL below FN. I think it was around 70-80% in sim, meaning even lower in real raids, unless your using LL_QE thats clearly a DPS loss for any decent geared player. Basically avalance allows us to put LL to the very last spot in priority queue where it belongs. Sim it for yourself, it actually made nearly 100 DPS difference for me.

Regardless of what you simed in the totem slot 4 pc is worth more. And with limited badges you are going to need to use them all towards t10 first.
    Pondering returning.

I got enough badges to buy it right now and so I decided to get Avalanche and give it a trial run in a VOA25 PuG (buy it and return it before the 2hrs)
    I have NOT give the ele one a shot just keep in mind

In the run
    -It was more then just a few extra AP, I had a VERY clean rotation (I always stumble there and there when I had to put LL on top last second because of QE) I basically was able to go a smooth fight with no fuck ups on my rotation.
    -I was able to do more Fire nova casts (was about 5% of my attacks overall including trash)
    -I had it 100% up time on the bosses (remember VoA, so its subject to change on fights in ICC)

I ended up doing about 8200 DPS on Koralon (recount not WMO) I wasn't flasked and I didn't have the "optimal" group so it was nice.

Don't let the "its only 38 extra AP" prevent you from getting it. the up time difference and the fact it procs on our signature move makes a big enough difference, buy it for 2 hours, slap LL back to low priority and give it a go, you should notice it like I did, its a nice totem.
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Sorry but let's say it is a 100 static ap upgrade. 12% more damage every Minute for 15 seconds trumps it. that is if you don't time it with other procs or wolves or ebentualy 4 pc a standard 3% upgrade.
    Pondering returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Sorry but let's say it is a 100 static ap upgrade. 12% more damage every Minute for 15 seconds trumps it. that is if you don't time it with other procs or wolves or ebentualy 4 pc a standard 3% upgrade.
    Thats the T set bonus vs Totem, I believe the OP was just asking if the Enh totem triumphs the Ele totem
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Im wondering we will be able to totem twist with 2 totems. IE equiping the ele totem getting it procced to full, then poping the enh totem on using it till the ele totem is almost out of duration, re equiping it to refresh duration etc etc. If the totems dont over write the buffs it could prove to be amazing. I could never got the t9 totems to stack, but they were also "proc" totems rather than "grant". just a thought and probably not a good one.

i was never a fan of t9 ele tot (post enh tot buff) , but i think i might go for the ele one once i get 4 piece t10. the duration of the enh one is a little disheartening and keeping a high proc rate on the set bonus may prove to be more of a gain.

equping a totem will reset your swing timer so that is out of the question.
    Pondering returning.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bitrix
    Im wondering we will be able to totem twist with 2 totems. IE equiping the ele totem getting it procced to full, then poping the enh totem on using it till the ele totem is almost out of duration, re equiping it to refresh duration etc etc. If the totems dont over write the buffs it could prove to be amazing. I could never got the t9 totems to stack, but they were also "proc" totems rather than "grant". just a thought and probably not a good one.

i was never a fan of t9 ele tot (post enh tot buff) , but i think i might go for the ele one once i get 4 piece t10. the duration of the enh one is a little disheartening and keeping a high proc rate on the set bonus may prove to be more of a gain.
    Not only does it reset your swing timer = dps loss, and trigger a CD, but if I recall correctly they changed the way it works the buff is removed if you equip a different totem. Confirmation required of course but I do recall something in the patch notes to prevent just this sort of "totem twisting" (ah those were the days - the youngsters these days don't know they're born ...).

I will get the Avalanche Totem too after i read an interessting idea in the EJ Forum: I do a lot of Heroics or soloplay and Flame Shock just isn't viable in those situations, so having a Totem that doesn't really on hardly usefull spells, makes Avalanche the more viable choice.

Should Shattered Ice prove to be plain better on ICC Boss Fights, well then i guess I'm gonna have to run around with 2 Totems.