Deleted

Top 3 DPS to bring to Raids & Dungeons?

I haven't had much experience myself, but who are the most popluar DPS classes to bring to Raids & Dungeons?

Some classes must be more sought after then others, right? ???

Re: Top 3 DPS to bring to Raids & Dungeons?

1/10. Too obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Deleted

If you haven't got anything vaguely intelligent to say, then please don't reply.

If you don't think this is a genuine question, then please don't reply.

Like I said "I haven't had much experience myself", meaning I only just started to go to instances and know nothing about how the different classes preform...

arcane mages do high dps and they have various things that help the raid(ports/table/int./fm).
    boomkins give 5% spell crit and 3% haste to the whole raid, which can increase the whole groups overall dmg done(and they also can do good dps if the player is geared right and know what they are doing)
    warlocks can have high dps, but they can sometimes have a threat issue if the tank isnt on top of his game. they also give you lockrocks/summoning stone and soul stone.
    rogues can do extremely high dps if they have their rotation right, but dont have a whole lot to help out the whole raid.(correct me if im wrong i cant think of anything that they give).
    feral druids do decent dps and give physical crit/chance on crit to heal/give mana back and all druids have GotW.
    ele/enhance shammy are both awesome dpsers and have their awesome totems and hero/bloodlust.
    hunters do awesome dps and give various buff depending on there spec.
    dk's can do awesome dps also, and they give horn of the winter to raid if you dont already have a shaman laying SoE down.

In all reality all dpsers are good to bring into a raid. but most likely the people(such as shamans) are most sought after because hero and totems can make the difference between killing a boss and wiping sometimes.

Blizz's target is to have all DPS deal about equal damage in a 25-man-setting, meaning all buffs on the group and all debuffs on the bosses included. (Ofc the fights they create go against that, e.g. if someone has add-duty or something, but keeping everyone on about the same level of theoretical dps is their target.[And with "theoretical" I don't mean what a spreadsheet tells you exactly, but rather how they think people can perform if given the opportunity to perform to their will. E.g. not having to be on add-duty or anything like that.])

One important fact to note, though, is, that Blizz differs between pure-dps-classes and hybrids.

Pure-DPS-Classes are classes that cannot heal or tank, meaning Warlock(heal through Lifestealing-Effects don't count), Hunter, Mage and Rogue.
    Those four classes are supposed to do ~5% more damage then other dps-classes.

Now, whether this actually works out or not, is another story. ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...?topicseen#new <---- this is a thread where people state what they think is, atm, the strongest dps-class)

Anyways, much more important then having "the best dps-classes", is to have a wide range of buffs/debuffs. A rogue, e.g., does about twice as much damage when fully buffed, compared to when he's completely unbuffed. Most other classes don't benefit from buffs/debuffs as much, but it's still important to have enough of those.

Well, in the end, it's still gonna be a matter of skill and knowledge. Had a Rogue who pulled 700 DPS in Utgarde Keep Heroic today, he couldn't play, didn't have any gear and didn't know anything about his class... (And no, I don't want to help someone learn to play if it'd take me about an hour to explain just the important stuff to them.)

PS: Would be good to know why you want to know who the Top 3 dps are, do you want to create a new char, invite new people into your guild, are you just curious, .....?

PPS: @Devilsdance: Rogues give 4% increased physical damage[debuff, same as Arms one] OR 3% crit[debuff, same as Ret]. We also bring Tricks of the Trade, which can either be used to push the tank's threat, or to increase an allies damage. [When glyphed, and you use the glyph with 2pc T10, it grants an ally a constant increase, if used on CD, of 5% damage. Without the glyph it's 3%.]

Deleted

Thanks for some great replies... I'm mostly just curious. This is all pretty new to me. I've been playing this game for quite some time, but I've never really raided.

Also I'm leveling a mage and I was wondering how much trouble I would have finding a group when I reach 80.

3 people that you know don't suck.

Bring the most SKILLED players.

Take out your meters and look at the ratio of player's DPS vs. DMG *intake* during a boss. Also how often they are dying.

Bad players can have high DPS but very high death rates and damage intake rates across a raid instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jacklindr
    I haven't had much experience myself, but who are the most popluar DPS classes to bring to Raids & Dungeons?

Some classes must be more sought after then others, right? ???
    It doesn't matter which class. All that matters is bringing the DPS to get the job done, and playing smart.
    That said, there are a few niche buffs that certain class/specs bring that make them more useful for the entire raid, and *that* is probably what makes a class more desirable.

IE:
    Arms Warrior for Trauma (increases Feral Druid/Rogue/Warrior bleed effects, easier for Arms to keep up than Feral) and Shattering Throw
    Unholy DK for Crypt Fever (boosts Shadow Priest Devouring Plague/other DKs diseases by 30%)
    Moonkin for Moonkin Aura etc (Spell Crit/Haste etc)
    Feral Druid for Imp Leader of the Pack (Melee crit/heal on crit) and Increased Bleeds if Arms War not present
    Hunters/Rogues for Threat management (Tricks/MD) and Phys Damage inc Debuff or AP % increase (if Shaman or Warrior not present)
    etc
    etc
    etc

Bring the player, not the class. But if you gotta choose who to put in the last raid slot, all else being *equal* bring a class that gives a niche buff ;p
    But really, if you grab 12 random DPS spec/class combos, you'll find that most times those guys will cover almost all debuffs/buffs.

So really, asking which class is the best to bring is moot.

You gotta look at the last 2-3 spots and think "Oh, we are totally missing this buff. Bringing X class will up the raid DPS by Y just from the buff, so we might want to bring that" and that rarely occurs, because, as previously stated, you can draw class/specs out of a hat randomly and pretty much cover the buff/debuff list

Edit: We've come a looooooong way from theorycrafting the entire Raid/Group comp on Brutallus to figure out how to get buff synergy through the roof

Deleted

So what you're more or less saying is... doesn't matter which classe you play, they all have an equal chance of getting into a group.

So what you're more or less saying is... doesn't matter which classe you play, they all have an equal chance of getting into a group.
    As long as you're a dps, yes.

When using the new raid-tool, your best choice is to be a tank, though. (On my Rogue, good gear from ToGC10/25/ToC25/3 items from ICC25, 1 from ICC10, I usually have to wait about 6-7mins to get an invite. On my DK-Tank, it takes about 1-10seconds.)

Every class can do a lot of dps if they got the right rotation, But for an unexperienced player, I'd say either take rogue or paladin, they are probably the easiest to play atm (My opinion). But if you get more and more experienced either go Mage or Warlock, Those 2 will always be high on the dps charts..

1. The one who isn't braindead

2. The one who isn't a moron

3. The one who knows that fire/darkness are bad
    Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

-rogue
    -rogue
    -ranged-spec'd rogue

the obvious choice 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

As of now, the PvE balance for DPSers is quite good with very few classes/specs that are noticeably too high or low. As a result of this more or less all classes are wanted. It's not just the dps numbers, but classes also bring various buffs and in bigger groups people like to bring several classes to have a nice balance with good utility.

You said you're leveling a mage. They are currently in a good shape. The biggest problem will likely be getting geared up and getting into groups as many people have abnormal gear requirements for even simple dungeons. You're lucky that the dungeon tool was instroduced now and not at some point in the future as it helps getting groups.

me, and then me again, and then prolly a good warlock, or me
    hahaha. no.