Best horde mage race

Hey, I just came back to the game after leaving it after the birth of my daughter ( ;D ), and now that I am back I have decided to faction change to horde.

I was trying to pick a new race and I am having trouble deciding between troll and undead as my Mage is focusing on PvP.

Now, I know that traditionally undead have been superior in arena PvP due to will of the forsaken, but due to its recent nerf to share a 45 sec cool-down with trinket, I am thinking that the berserking ability that trolls bring would be more useful.

I am thinking about focusing mainly on rogue mage for the 2v2s and RMP for the 3v3s.

Any suggestions?

Re: Best horde mage race

I'd still say Undead.
    it's still an extra way to release yourself from a fear every 45 seconds.

Deleted

bloodelf, aoe silence is ncie both in pve and pvp, and they look good as casters

Loltrolls.

well for pvp, undead can still come out of seduce/fear more often then other races + they have cannibalize (not so good for a mage tho)
    troll racial is more pve oriented I think but can be useful for fast sheeps or burst.
    belfs got a aoe silence that can be useful sometimes
    orcs (orc mages get implemented sooner or later) have a racial to boost spellpower.

well it's all up to you, I'd say go for the looks

Ogres!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xarvian
    well for pvp, undead can still come out of seduce/fear more often then other races + they have cannibalize (not so good for a mage tho)
    troll racial is more pve oriented I think but can be useful for fast sheeps or burst.
    belfs got a aoe silence that can be useful sometimes
    orcs (orc mages get implemented sooner or later) have a racial to boost spellpower.

well it's all up to you, I'd say go for the looks
    edit: welcome to 3.3 nerf time to undeads, now shares cooldowns with trinkets!

10+ Year Old Account

ORCS!

well I prefer Blood Elves. I mean, their race as a whole is a magical race that relied on Arcane energies.

Berserking : Activate to increase attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

Regeneration : Increase health regeneration bonus by 10%. Also allows 10% of normal health regen during combat.

Da Voodoo Shuffle : Reduces the duration of all movement impairing effects by 15%.

Troll.
    WotF is overnerfed.

15+ Year Old Account

troll for PvE
    undead for looks
    goblin when cataclysm comes out
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by holkien
    Hey, I just came back to the game after leaving it after the birth of my daughter ( ;D ), and now that I am back I have decided to faction change to horde.

I was trying to pick a new race and I am having trouble deciding between troll and undead as my Mage is focusing on PvP.

Now, I know that traditionally undead have been superior in arena PvP due to will of the forsaken, but due to its recent nerf to share a 45 sec cool-down with trinket, I am thinking that the berserking ability that trolls bring would be more useful.

I am thinking about focusing mainly on rogue mage for the 2v2s and RMP for the 3v3s.

Any suggestions?
    So I'm the first one to congratulate you: congratulations! She must be the most beautiful thing in the whole world.

Trolls.

Orcs in cataclysm.

Orcs are superior.

PS: Raise your daughter to love the Horde.

Trolls for berserking

female trolls duh

Thanks to everybody who responded. After all your input I have decided to go with a troll.

Also, thanks for the congratulations. Perhaps soon I can have her learn to MT heal on a holy paladin.

15+ Year Old Account

Undead PVP
    Troll/Orc PvE

Blood Elf PvALL*FUN (my current and future race)
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Hmm...

Troll racials are pretty nice for both pve and pvp.

Blood Elf AoE silence is only good in melee range, so unless you are on top of someone, which does happen, it's only beneficial in certain situations. I guess the mana back is helpful too.

Undead cannibalize is definitely fun in PvP, and useful in leveling, and possibly helpful in PvP situations. I have used Will of the Forsaken many times in PvE as well, to avoid getting feared into bad situations (the ulduar boss with the cats and void zones for example).

However, trolls have the only racial that actually boosts DPS.