can someone explain this statement on resto reforging

Get rid off Spirit by reforging:

if there is crit on the item: spirit -> haste
    if there is haste on the item: spirit -> crit

so we need to get rid of all spirit?
    then if the item has crit we need to reforge to spirit?

I am confused as to what we are doing on the reforging.
    is there a min of each stat we are supposed to keep?

Yes please, I'm totally lost when it comes to reforging :O

15+ Year Old Account
    the statement says reforge your spirit to haste, if that is not posable then reforge it to crit

the long explaintion is that if an item has say for example: spirit and haste on it then you cannot put extra spirit into haste on it. so then you have to transform the spirit into crit instead
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Personally, i reforged all my crit to mastery!
    Still got like 28% crit and about 13 mastery!
    I like it so far.

Deleted
    With HoTs now being able to crit, why would you switch crit for mastery?

With wildgrowth having a longer cd, how often are you going to be healing up someone that already has a HoT in place based on WotLK raid dmg and raid health?

I have been thinking about picking up more crit, but not sure about that one.

spirit and haste on it then you cannot put extra spirit into haste on it. so then you have to transform the spirit into crit instead
    thanks that cleared that statement up.

does anyone know what values we should be shooting for?
    I mean do we need something like 10% spirit, 21% haste and 16% crit
    just curious I don't know now what to try to get.

all I have heard is bloom everything and swiftmend it on the tank.
    I used to be a good druid healer but I feel like such a damn noob (ok I am a noob lol)

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    spirit and haste on it then you cannot put extra spirit into haste on it. so then you have to transform the spirit into crit instead
    thanks that cleared that statement up.

does anyone know what values we should be shooting for?
    I mean do we need something like 10% spirit, 21% haste and 16% crit
    just curious I don't know now what to try to get.

all I have heard is bloom everything and swiftmend it on the tank.
    I used to be a good druid healer but I feel like such a damn noob (ok I am a noob lol)
    1015 haste is the only thing you need to aim for.

I saw the statement in the first post in this thread on elitistjerks as well - that was a really helpful post btw.

I have been reading high and low everywhere for the last many days to figure out how to optimize my resto druid after the patch. I knew from the PTR that I would loose loads of haste which definitely has been the case.

So now I have reforged all spirit to haste- and when I couldnt reforge to haste I have reforged to crit. Got 928 haste now, so hopefully with some regemming I am going to hit 1015 soon.

What I am a bit puzzled about though is the priority I should give to other stats?? It seems there are different "schools of thinking".

Lots of posts around the different forums that says the way to go is:

Haste> Mastery> Intellect > Crit > Spirit

Others says:

Haste > Crit > Intellect > Mastery (reforged from spirit when you have hit the 1025 haste cap)

Does anyone have any views on that??? If so I would love to hear it. I guess both schools presume that you have a lot of intellect already becasue your char hit 80 long before the patch, so spellpower isnt a problem.

Hope to hear your views since I am unsure what to do after hitting the magic 1015 haste amount I always get so great advice on this forum so looking forward to your answers.

Ty for your time.
    Jelved . Thunderhorn (EU)
    Last edited by Jelved; 2010-10-14 at 05:52 PM.

I'm seeing a lot of sites say haste until 1015 then mastery, but currently with 16 (+20%) mastery and 853 haste my rejuv's heal for the same amount over the 12 seconds. They don't tick as fast, but they tick and crit harder. The difference is, mastery also increases your casts. So is that extra tick on rejuv really worth it when the final output is the same, assuming you Rejuv targets that your WG hit, which shouldn't be a problem. You would also have 3 seconds to refresh LB on the tank (either w/ Nourish or LB)

Also, Lifebloom receives the bonus from mastery at the 2nd and 3rd stack because the 1st stack is counting as a previous hot.
    Last edited by axio; 2010-10-14 at 08:31 PM.

only reason you would reforge spirit to haste would be to get an additional tick on your rejuv spell. the amount of haste to get an extra tick would be 1015 haste. if you can not reach that number with your gear, then reforge your spirit to mastery. personally i wouldn't reforge any crit rating, just because a crit rejuv is worth just as much as an additional rejuv tick to me.

really, unless your haste is really low, i wouldn't even reforge to more haste rating. i'd dump it all into mastery. that is just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    only reason you would reforge spirit to haste would be to get an additional tick on your rejuv spell. the amount of haste to get an extra tick would be 1015 haste. if you can not reach that number with your gear, then reforge your spirit to mastery. personally i wouldn't reforge any crit rating, just because a crit rejuv is worth just as much as an additional rejuv tick to me.

really, unless your haste is really low, i wouldn't even reforge to more haste rating. i'd dump it all into mastery. that is just me though.
    I tried reforging all into haste. Got 1023 haste now but no extra mastery...did ICC 10 tonight with a couple of the bosses on hrcs. Healing was ok but no one really struggled so hard to say, except on Festergut who was bugged big time so had to skip him in the end.

I have earlier followed your advice Cerelli with so great results (and ty so much for that ) so I will now try reforging into mastery to see what the difference is. I take it that you say haste around 800 (which is what i will get from gear and gems) is ok and then reforge as much spirit to mastery as possible ?? And ty for taking the time to answer my questions. Its greatly appreciated.

/Jelved - Thunderhorn (EU)
    Last edited by Jelved; 2010-10-14 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoithFrostmane View Post
    Personally, i reforged all my crit to mastery!
    Still got like 28% crit and about 13 mastery!
    I like it so far.
    Same, except I still have 40% melee crit and 23 mastery... needless to say I had alot of crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can someone please explain to me what exact pieces you are being allowed to reforge into haste because between 5 casters I have not seen a single item that has allowed me to put haste onto it with reforging. I can put crit or mastery but never haste.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what exact pieces you are being allowed to reforge into haste because between 5 casters I have not seen a single item that has allowed me to put haste onto it with reforging. I can put crit or mastery but never haste.
    If there's haste on the item already, you can't reforge haste onto it. If it's already got crit, you can't reforge into crit.

Basically, you have to reforge the stats into something that's not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    If it already has haste then you can't add more, the tier 10 shoulder's and head are good piece's to reforge into haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clearing it up. That explains why I have yet to see anything that can get haste on it because every single item my casters have on has haste on it lol.

I still don't know what to do. I have 38K mana and 785 mp5...not sure is it called regen now or ?
    BUT anyway way to much regen what is good number to shoot for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post

This exactly. As me and Cer have been saying for weeks.