Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Resto Druid Guide - Updated for 3.3

If your TOGC 25 man geared, the flask of mojo is a great tool to give you some great flexibility for learning ICC and having some leg-room to overheal a bit. I say that because with over 3k unbuffed spell power the frost wyrm flask doesn't really make or break a heal unless you're focused on main tank healing meanwhile if you're healing an entire raid (and healing a bit more since its new content) the mojo seems to really help.

Thats my 2 cents 2 clears of ICC 25 and 10 man..

Updated Detailed Stat Breakdown with some more information on Haste. (I also went ahead and filled in the Crit info as well. Spirit/Int/Mp5 are left blank for now.)

15+ Year Old Account

Nice written guide (the other was not as nice). I think you should make a section for macros aswell. There are some few good ones, that makes the life of a Restoration Druid a bit easier like Tranquility + Barkskin, Innervate on yourself without losing target, Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch, YELL in Rebirth etc. It might not be that important, but I'm sure it'll catch some other players' interest and it'll make the guide more wide.

Thank you, this is perfect.

/clap
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Added section: "11. Macros".

15+ Year Old Account

Your haste formula still does give the impression that haste effects are additive. A better representation using this forum's tools would be looking like:

(SpellCastBase)/ΠN(i=1)(1+Hastei%)*(1+ΣM(j=1)(HasteRatingj/HasteLevelConversionFactor))

All % values are equal to values divided by 100 i.e. 3% equals 0.03.

The whole formula in verbal notation: haste rating adds up and gets converted into a separate haste effect, every haste effects is added to 100% base and all of them are multiplicatively summarized i.e. 5% and 3% become 1.05 * 1.03.

SpellCastBase is either base duration for HoTs after talents or base cast time after talents i.e. after full talents 18 seconds is the new base duration for Rejuvenation.

HasteLevelConversionFactor for level 80 is at the moment 3279.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

If you think I'm putting that formula on the guide you're on crack.

I'm grateful for the input, but common. (As a side note, seeing that gave me a good laugh.)

15+ Year Old Account

With all due respect I did intentionally add a verbal notation as well. I suspected that 6th grade math may still be a tough nut for some people hence why I tend to verbalize such things. Either way it's still clear that such a clarification is still pending for the formula you presented there.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

I'm a math major. I understood the equation. But there's no way I'm posting an equation like that on a forum like this. Most people will look at that equation and have their eyes glaze over.

[Edit] I'll probably update the information about Haste to explain that different Haste effects are multiplied. You are right that the equation I posted was overly simplistic. I'm just not going to get as technical as you got there. Most people hate math, and even an equation as simple as the one I posted will turn many people off.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, then I am not worried. If you're a math major then chances are that you can word stuff better than I can.

Code:
    Haste from Gear = [(1.5sec * / ((1 – GotEM%) * (1 + WoAT%) * (1 + Aura%) * (1 + CF%))) – 1] * 3279
    or simplified as:

Code:
    Haste from Gear = [(1.5sec * / ((1.1) * (1.05) * (1.03) * (1.03))) – 1]*3279
    is the equation i always use.

I have a minor in math and Raven's equation gave me flashbacks of classes that i dont ever care to relive.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek
    Added section: "11. Macros".
    Awesome, and well written again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade
    (SpellCastBase)/ΠN(i=1)((1+Hastei%)*(1+ΣM(j=1)(HasteRatingj/HasteLevelConversionFactor)))
    Aaaaucccchhh....

i must say that i find glyph of innervate usefull, as you can give it to a healer in your raid that is almost oom, and you can get some mana too.
    also usefull in arena, as you get more mana from it
    but dont listen to me, i'm mainspec feral ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonor
    i must say that i find glyph of innervate usefull, as you can give it to a healer in your raid that is almost oom, and you can get some mana too.
    also usefull in arena, as you get more mana from it
    but dont listen to me, i'm mainspec feral ^^
    it was always a decent choice. At the time where your gear is very high-end, you can almost always innervate other people and replenish yourself enough

Quote Originally Posted by Phreeze
    it was always a decent choice. At the time where your gear is very high-end, you can almost always innervate other people and replenish yourself enough
    Agreed! Personally ive got nearly 1000 mp/5 while casting fully raid buffed and rarely need innervate even for the more intensive fights, arcane mages drink mana faster than water flows through open hands tho, so they tend to beg for it most of the time :P
    Very nice guide however, i do have one or two questions about a couple of things and a reccomendation or two, i'd love to have a chat with you on ventrilo or skype sometime, i love theorycrafting resto druids. My main is Stayv - Mazrigos EU btw.
    Cheers!
    ~Stayv.

Or, you could just make sure you got just about enough regen with innervate on yourself to keep going, then go for sp, crit and haste to get nice output on the healing instead. good dps know how to handle their mana anyway.
    Leaf my roots alone you nasty!

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Yay, i've been healing for past three weeks with my druid and i have to say its AWESOME fun :] Having so many spells is a great thing, even if some of them are 'macro only' (HT ) I also have to say that glyphs for druids are one of best, and most fun, love nourish one and swiftmend, but most of all i love rapid rejuv

Anyway, this guide was awesome help, so once again i wanted to say thanks to OP.

I had so much fun, i healed so many instances, that i saw couple of hilts to drop. I even won two of them ;p Today i switched second one for Nevermelting Ice Crystal ;] (which after 30 PoS i did dropped ONCE - today). That trinket is so, so imba with 4p t9 :} 20% crit for 20 secs, which works for rejuv. Imba I honestly love druids set bonuses, glyphs and trinkets which are crap for other healers (ephemeral snowflake) but awesome for druid, but most of all i love freedom in movement while healing

Still, i miss my shaman and totems so much... maybe in next expansion it will be more fun to play him ;]

Hey, Ive seen many raiding videos and cant help to notice that a lot of people have a ton of addons that im not even aware about. I am currently only using healbot, DBM, and atlas loot. Can someone please tell me as a druid raid healer, what other addons should i have? ???

Im a resto druid on Norgannon and Ive been running with Xperl for a different UI i prefer it to others such as grid, definitly need DBM if you plan on raiding and atlas loot is handy, i also like hotcandy (not a real necessity its just interesting to see the hots you have ticking) visual heal gives you an idea of how much your gonna heal or overheal them depending on the situation, recount is nice to see how you compare to other healers, last one i use is quartz which just gives you a different style of a cast bar, i think thats all of them hope it helps! oh andd healbot i cant stand as a resto druid but maybe its just me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    Or, you could just make sure you got just about enough regen with innervate on yourself to keep going, then go for sp, crit and haste to get nice output on the healing instead. good dps know how to handle their mana anyway.
    I definitely agree with this one. IMO focus on improving your own job first (maximise healing throughput) and let mages do the same - they shouldn't be relying on a buff that might not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!