Let's fix this 'Hardcore' and Casual raider problem.

Okay so I'm sick of logging onto my MMO account and seeing threads like "Did 'Hardcores' get screwed with ICC?" And others like "I blame the Casuals, yes the Casuals."

Listen up Hardcores! I was like you once, top guild, BIS gear, an ego which made me think I was better than others. It's all fake and a lie guys. Seriously if you think that your epic sword makes you better than everyone who's a casual, you're just.. Eh?
    I mean honestly, does it truely matter if you're a Hardcore raider, doing a 2nd job on WoW to get some gear, achievements, maybe that nice Pixel mount. YES PIXELS.

Enjoy the other aspects of the game, PvP, Town Raiding, Hanging out with WoW buddies. You raid, so what?

I can raid too, kill a boss, get that Achievement and call myself a 'Hardcore' raider even if I am a casual player now days.

So how about we quit these QQ threads over 'Hardcores' being better than casuals, or having to wait a few weeks for Blizzard to release the next part of the raid.

<Note> I'll get flamed for this I'm sure, but that's just your raider ego going RAAAAAWWWWWRRRR and me going. "Hay bud i got a new epik this weak, i hardcore."

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Let's fix this 'Hardcore' and Casual raider problem.

Your thread added what exactly to the "debate"? Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

We don't do hard modes for achievements, loot, mounts, titles or anything related to that.

We do them because they are a challenge.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Its an unwinnable war my friend. Not point fighting it anymore. The hardcores will be hardcore and the casuals will be casual.
    I am a human and I'm inside your head " " Not for long Human! " he laughed " I am a tactical MASTER! " he grabbed a knife and plunged it into his head " DIE NAO HUMAN... " " OMFG did you just stab yourself in the head?! that's F'ing awesome! "

You are wrong tosa! One day everyone will be a casual, raids will become 10 mannable as a 25 man and 7 mannable as a 10 man. Hardmodes will include one add and the Hardcores will once again.. Blame the casuals.

Posting old topic in new thread so that people might read your uninformitive, uncunstructive post.

/golfclap
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

You're not fixing anything. It's just another "everyone should get married at the age of 24, get 1.5 children, a dog and work at the office from 8 to 16" post, but you probably knew that.

10+ Year Old Account

I really wish they would start banning people for
    omg qft lols +1 postcountz
    You add as much to the discussion as OP did. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    We don't do hard modes for achievements, loot, mounts, titles or anything related to that.

True of you, true of me, but not true of -everyone-. If it were true, who would be griping?

Actually, GC answered this today, here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...&pageNo=34#674

"We have a tendency to look at the achievements of posters who decry how easy things are now (and yes, we look at their most accomplished character if they're posting on alt), and I'll bet you can guess what happens. "Oh, well I would do the content if it wasn't so easy, but because it's so easy, I'm not interested." Sure, buddy. "

IE, lots of complainers on the casual vs. hardcore are actually casuals pretending to be hardcore. Trolls? Not sure, but the issue's pretty muddy.

In any case, the issue can never fully be resolved, because you've got a pair of opinions which can't be reconciled:
    1) Some hardcores get enjoyment specifically out of knowing they're well ahead of casuals. They want it to be blindingly obvious when they're standing around in [Neutral City] that they're better than all of these idiots around them.
    2) Casuals want to see the content, and Blizz wants them to too. Because content and gear are intertwined, that means the casuals have gear that blurs the line between hardcore raiders and casuals. Blizz has no interest in producing a ton of special gear artwork for hardcores (still a miniscule portion of the population), so in general it's titles, mounts, etc.

Not all people on either side believe like this, and probably not even that many, but that's the fundamental disagreement. Pretty much everything else is flimsy.

Well... One other disagreement worth noting:
    1) Some people are nostalgic, and simply dislike the new stuff for being new. Realistically, a lot of this is because the community naturally changes over time, as does each individual. What maybe was fun when we started in Vanilla (omg! Ancient Protector, so huge! I'm like L7!) no longer gives us the same enjoyment.
    2) WoW, like all MMOs, needs more content to keep people around. This means moving further and further away from the past. Blizz doesn't think it's good business sense to run vanilla servers either.

Nostalgic people can't be cured by new things. They are by definition disgruntled. :P

Anyways, topic can't go anywhere until those problems are resolved, which means one party or the other has to give way. Neither will, and neither seems to fully understand the disagreement, so we keep seeing new threads.

On and on and on.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira

I guess real life isn't enough of a challenge for you?

Might I suggest getting degree and a six figure job?

I'm sure you'll find it "challenging".
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren
    You're not fixing anything. It's just another "everyone should get married at the age of 24, get 1.5 children, a dog and work at the office from 8 to 16" post, but you probably knew that.
    eh what happened to 2.4 and 9 til 5 ? did i miss a memo ?
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...