Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadowfrost Shard, Armory Updates, Blue posts

25 primal saronite , now 50 shards... Its going to take ages to get this damn Shadowmourne.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Nerf to hasted corruption
    made the new glyph, haste buffs, haunt and everlasting affliction a mess. This is a learn to balance issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    Current 4 votes to kick is down right stupid, I can't remove people who have empty sockets, questing gear and no enchants expecting a boost, if one person has a so what we can boost them attitude you are stuck with them.

And so what if you want to kick someone in greens, retarded info by the blue there.

Unless its ToC hc or one of the IC hcs, freshly dinged players have as much right to be in those groups as you do. When i'm doing hcs on my main i dont give a crap what others are wearing as my dps more than makes up for any slack from gearing players.

On the other hand i've also got a freshy dinged Ele Shammy still wearing some questing blues/greens, some bought blues and one or two hc epics, easily capable of 3k dps.

So on one of my hc pugs yesterday i got put in a Gundrak hc group, we get to Slad'ran, kill him with the achievment i'm sitting at about 2kish dps as i was curing poison etc. alot but the groups resto druid decided i wasnt good enough to be in his group and pleaded with the other guys stating that "we cant do achievments with low dps" even though i was second on dps after the fight (yes even with 2k dps) ofc i got kicked and saved then.

Did you people start your chars at level 80?. Anyway i dont see why you people need to have a slightly quicker more achievment packed instance run in a pug, if you're so great and you have great guilds go make an achievment group and do them quicker than you could ever do with a pug. Also if i met someone like your or the resto druid in my post while i was on my main and you tried to pull the same bullshit i'd be voting to kick you over the freshly dinged player.

Ohh cool I will make an alt on your realm, sounds like if I have greens, no gems, no enchants you will give me a free ride in any heroic , yeah right get real and get off your high horse.
    This is exactly your problem, you see all freshly dinged players as "looking for a free ride" where someone who isnt a selfish asshat would see the same players as "trying to gear up so they can contribute more to groups". Sure you get bad and freshy dinged players but you need to judge that on a case by case basis. Ofc when i mean bad i dont mean "questing green without and 200g enchant" but more like "DK doing 200dps, dps'r bodypulling every group etc".

15+ Year Old Account

@ the armoy part.

BLIZZARD FIX SOMETHING BEFORE ADDING STUFF! >

Seriously its still slow and doesnt work 50% of the time.

Ink Poll,

pls post your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Errant
    Also if you click "Link" On wow-head, copy and paste it into the game and click the link, it is simply bop in game as well.
    Why haven't I heard of anyone seeing these yet then? According to Armory, even the first four bosses should drop them 25-50% of the time. Seems like they're still acting as Quest Items and not visible until people are on the quest. Either that or my server is just VERY unlucky.

i usually don't mind running with undergeared dps, but if i ever got a group like one of the guys in my guild when someone was doing 300 dps, id probably ask them wtf they were doing.

[quote=Boubouille ]

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Nerf to hasted corruption
    I do want to point out one side effect - when we could roll hasted corruption we COULD top the DPS charts - not destroy other classes but we had a chance to reach the #1 spot. I hope this issue will make GC re-asses our lack of damage output.
    No, you were destroying the other classes, except for Mutilate rogues and Unholy DKs, who were also nerfed. I think the only difference is that for the rogues and DKs it was easier to do so, while only the better locks could really come out with the great numbers. But being hard to do is no excuse for someone's dps to be gratuitously higher than everyone else. (Source)
    feral druids,
    bliz just hates locks, they basically just said so

This is exactly your problem, you see all freshly dinged players as "looking for a free ride" where someone who isnt a selfish asshat would see the same players as "trying to gear up so they can contribute more to groups". Sure you get bad and freshy dinged players but you need to judge that on a case by case basis. Ofc when i mean bad i dont mean "questing green without and 200g enchant" but more like "DK doing 200dps, dps'r bodypulling every group etc".
    Good job on reading my post and totally missing the point where I don't think a certain type are all the same, and I do run with newly dinged people.

And yes I do run with people like your elemental shammy.

And another point you missed I don't care about fast runs nor achievements, it's what people bring to the table, and basically having a boost me I can't be arsed to further myself look doesn't sit right with me. But hey I'm an eliteist because I have standard and expect people to not slack : /

"Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

No group I was in had needed to kick anyone who hadn't dc'ed ... until last night.

We were in ToC Regular and our healer shows up wearing no gear. Literally. He had nothing. We got through the joust okay and the tanked who apparently hadn't noticed started the fight. We wiped naturally and the tank immediately leaves.

When we asked the priest (I think) why he going gearless, he says "My account was hacked." We offered him a couple of quick suggestions and then kicked him.

I don't care if people are last in dps, I don't care if they are wearing greens, but if you are going to sign up as the healer or tank, you owe it to the other people in your group to act responsibly and be reasonably prepared.

So... does someone have to be on the quest for the shards to start dropping? Do you have to invest 25 primordial saronite on one person and hope he doesn't get hit by a bus or get a girlfriend and stop raiding?

Or, can you collect the shards and when you look to be approaching the numbers you need, THEN drop all the primordial saronite on the person that's been collecting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    So... does someone have to be on the quest for the shards to start dropping? Do you have to invest 25 primordial saronite on one person and hope he doesn't get hit by a bus or get a girlfriend and stop raiding?
    Yes and yes.

Or, can you collect the shards and when you look to be approaching the numbers you need, THEN drop all the primordial saronite on the person that's been collecting them?
    No.

People really thought you'd all be able to loot shards and build about 5 Shadowmournes at once? Really? I'm sure deep down you all know how retarded it would be to have hundreds of Shadowmournes pop up at similar times across the server.

You cannot see the shards before you've created Shadow's Edge (and done some other stuff), which you can't do until Putricide's door opens.

If somebody had seen a shard by now we all would have heard about it. So obviously, you cant see them till you're on that step.

That step comes after you build Shadow's Edge (25x Primordial Saronite + 2x acidic blood) and after you farm 1000 souls and after you put yourself at risk in 3 special ways while fighting Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa. It's pretty much the last step.

A lot of people are going to get Shadow's Edge, decidedly fewer will even come close to doing Shadowmourne. And if you look at the questline you'll see very quickly that the quests that reward both Shadow's Edge and Shadowmourne are decidedly thin on text (the former being entirely empty) so I suspect we'll see a patch on the tuesday that Putricide's door opens which fills out those quests and maybe makes building Shadowmourne even harder. For example I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 special infusions change to require heroic mode.

The good news is the price of Primordial Saronite is dropping like a rock. First couple were 50k, then 10k, over the weekend it fell past 5k. I expect as people collect Frost Emblems the price will drop further and people with the dough (or the backing of a rich guild) will have the mats well ahead of Putricide's door opening.

Good job on reading my post and totally missing the point where I don't think a certain type are all the same, and I do run with newly dinged people.

And yes I do run with people like your elemental shammy.

And another point you missed I don't care about fast runs nor achievements, it's what people bring to the table, and basically having a boost me I can't be arsed to further myself look doesn't sit right with me. But hey I'm an eliteist because I have standard and expect people to not slack : /

I was going to ask where you got your gear at since clearly NOOB 80s aren't aloud to do anything with you.... but instead i havea differnt question.

Is it possible for you to backpedal any faster?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

If we assume that you kill all the boss in hard modes

Right, as a guild recruting , WE (being the guild) wont be able to tell a fucking newb from a good player because you (blizz) loaded his ass with tons of tier 9 and lowprice epics.. Thanks again Blizzard

@The PuG thing.

I've seen it both ways. On my druid alt (moderately geared tank, mostly Ulduar and some Ony 10 stuff), I was in an H-CoS group where I was the number 2 DPS. The number 1 had around 2.5 K, and 3 and 4 were both around 1.5 (I came in around 1.8 which is about right for a tank in my gear). We still managed to get the timed run with a minute or two to spare, and the under geared newbies in the group got to roll on a pretty dragon mount. It will seriously not kill anyone to spend an extra 5 minutes on the random heroic. At first I was surprised that the system gave me such a low geared group (it's supposed to match pretty well, and does for my rogue), but I think it's starved for tanks. If you queue as a tank you get groups much faster, but I think we can expect some of them to not be as good.

On my Rogue (main, pretty well geared, pulls 3.5 to 4K DPS in most five mans) I nearly always get really good, really fast groups. In some ways it is almost annoying. No one talks, there are no breaks, healers sometimes beg for a few seconds to drink. Our healer in one UP group asked 3 times for the tank to stop so he could take care of something real quick IRL. He finally just stopped moving and went to do his thing. It took the tank 3 more pulls to get low enough that he finally had to stop and wait. You could see it practically killing him. Twice now I've actually finished instances with time left on the 10 minute "you can't use the LFG random tool yet" timer. Only a few seconds, but still.

In these group I've already seen seen two votes to kick (well a few more for DCs and stuff, but two votes to kick a real active player). One was for a DPS who was doing a perfectly respectable 2.5K, and one was for a healer who (gasp!) had to stop and drink once or twice. Both failed (thankfully), but seriously, are people really that impatient? I haven't seen the achievement for "Finish Gun'Drak in Under 9 Minutes", but apparently there is one and I'm just missing it.

25-man normal mode bosses have a medium (25-50%) chance to drop a shard.
    Val'anyr #2

Everyone will have a shadowmourne, hf in arena!

i like this addition with the celendar

Quote Originally Posted by Charsi
    You cannot see the shards before you've created Shadow's Edge (and done some other stuff), which you can't do until Putricide's door opens.

If somebody had seen a shard by now we all would have heard about it. So obviously, you cant see them till you're on that step.

That step comes after you build Shadow's Edge (25x Primordial Saronite + 2x acidic blood) and after you farm 1000 souls and after you put yourself at risk in 3 special ways while fighting Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa. It's pretty much the last step.

A lot of people are going to get Shadow's Edge, decidedly fewer will even come close to doing Shadowmourne. And if you look at the questline you'll see very quickly that the quests that reward both Shadow's Edge and Shadowmourne are decidedly thin on text (the former being entirely empty) so I suspect we'll see a patch on the tuesday that Putricide's door opens which fills out those quests and maybe makes building Shadowmourne even harder. For example I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 special infusions change to require heroic mode.

The good news is the price of Primordial Saronite is dropping like a rock. First couple were 50k, then 10k, over the weekend it fell past 5k. I expect as people collect Frost Emblems the price will drop further and people with the dough (or the backing of a rich guild) will have the mats well ahead of Putricide's door opening.
    Are we even sure of the quest order? I find it a little strange that Blizzard would make you wait until you kill Sindragosa before you begin the long process of collecting 50 shards and then killing 1000 scourge. The patch was released on the 8th of Dec. The next phase will be 4 weeks from the 8th. If we assume a gate of every 2 weeks, it will take 8 weeks just to start the shard collection. Given mmo's predictions, you then tack on 6 weeks for the shards. You then have another week for the 1000 souls. That gives you at least 15 weeks (nearly 4 months) to get your first one. That means the first one will be out at the end of march. That would be like getting your first val'anyr near the start of August. I don't think they are going to make it take twice the time of Val'anyr. (The first val'anyr was recieved June 8, patch 3.1 hit on April 14th. That took 8 weeks).
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community