Help with Unzipping Addons and IE

My main browser is Firefox, but the computer uses IE to extract, unzip and copy files onto my Interface folder. Lately a problem arose with IE. When I dl an addon, and proceed to unzip it, IE goes berserk and opens numerous windows then closes in a blink of an eye. This only happens when I try to unzip a file, I can still open up IE with minimal problems.

I've downloaded all of the updates for IE and windows, as well as did extensive virus sweeps with Webroot and Microsoft Security Essentials. I've also tried dl and unzipping the files from another computer onto a flash drive, but it did not work as IE wouldn't extract and copy. Further more, I did a system reboot so the only system restore point is earlier this week, when I discovered this problem.

I've tried downloading 7-zip, but the IE crap happened, maybe I did something wrong?
    Any ideas? Solutions?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Help with Unzipping Addons and IE

How would your computer ever use IE to unzip files? Doesn't make any sense at all. Afaik the IE doesn't even have the capability to do that. Just install WinRAR oder 7-zip and manually unzip the downloaded archive via right-click -> Extrace here / Extract to.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara