[Resto] Talent suggestions with 3.3

Hiya!

With 3.3 and the new CD times for incarnation, I played a bit with my talents and tried to get the 2 points for "Improved incarnation" (next to a 15 min CD I get way more mana and hp!).

So I would like to hear your opinions for this build (All around Raid / HC build):

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...1,-RpROH,10958

My actual EQ and Skill:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...roth&n=Voshnak

First of all - healing focus is a must for me. I tried without it, but sometimes I just need it, because everytime I get hit, my cast time increases too much ... (like ony with the welpes or ICC 5-man HOR).

The things I would like to know or hear your opinion about:

1. Tidal Force: I don't really think I need this talent, because right now I use it every ... 20 raids one time? First of all it has a really long CD, a short CD after casting (dunno about you, but I can't use it as "oh shit" skill ) and the skill itself .. sure, the 60% crit chance is nice, but I already do many crits ...

2. Thundering strikes and elemental weapon (Enhen tree)- in this build I used 2/2 for both ... would it be better to go with 4 points in thundering and ignore elemental completly (AFAIK I would loose around 35 ZM without it)

Thanks for any help!
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Re: [Resto] Talent suggestions with 3.3

I'm not sure if a shorter Reincarnate cd is worth the loss of spell power and crit tbh.

I totally agree with tidal waves though, barely get to use it.

But I think that whenever you die its pretty much a wipe on itself, except for 25 mans eventually.

So actually I conclude this would only be good if you got too much of those 2 stats and cba to run a lot to corpse or you die often.
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

No matter how you good gear you got, or what your argument is whatsoever, Elemental Weapons will be JUST 45 healing.
    So the better gear you have, the shittier those talents get.
    I'd skip elemental weapons over Thundering Strikes anyday, just a pointer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Asjes
    I'm not sure if a shorter Reincarnate cd is worth the loss of spell power and crit tbh.

I totally agree with tidal waves though, barely get to use it.
    But I think that whenever you die its pretty much a wipe on itself, except for 25 mans eventually.
    So actually I conclude this would only be good if you got too much of those 2 stats and cba to run a lot to corpse or you die often.
    Depends, I would like it for hc's (I HATE Halls of reflection ...) or in a raid. I got movement and barely die in a raid, but when I die, it's a wipe for a 50%+ chance. And sometimes you just die of randon brain afking, serverlag, antivir popping up etc. pp.

And ressing myself then with a bunch more health and mana can't be bad.

In my case I would sell 1% crit and 10 zm or something like that for it. Dosn't sound too bad for me.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Deleted

The best thing to drop it probably 2% cheaper heals, when you have gear to negate the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    The best thing to drop it probably 2% cheaper heals, when you have gear to negate the difference.
    possible. he could use something like that

(just skip elemental weapons. like Infortunium said, it's about 45 spellpower)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope
    possible. he could use something like that

(just skip elemental weapons. like Infortunium said, it's about 45 spellpower)
    Ohhh..... right ... don't have any manaprobs anyway. :3

Well, ill go with this build then! Thanks!

Deleted

I personally think that 25minutes is a short enough cooldown. But then I don't find myself dying that often, unless its progression runs. But if its for progress, only die if its a wipe.
    That being said one very likely spec would be:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxhZxbekIeoxkrIRt

As healing focus is only useful on a very small number of fights and with conc aura its fairly unlikely you will be interupted anyways. (lots of shamans don't take it now days anyways)

I personally think the added 20%mana and health is great, but the cooldown is now pretty sweet as it is.

Edit:
    The other spec for the people who never use healing wave (WHYYYYYYY??????):
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?sham...K0Cci91,,10958

Elemental weapons has always been a pretty bad talent for resto shaman. It just gives you 45 spell power. If it also increased the healing from the proc that might be different but it doesn't. It really is pretty bad returns for the talent points spent. Definitely go for thundering strikes.

I have tidal force but almost never remember to use it. I tried to macro it with NS for a super duper heal but never got it working for some reason.

I've always been mixed on improved incarnation. It is spending talent points to improve something I never want to use. On the other hand on those times when I do actually want to use it the 20% more mana and health is definitely useful. The only time I could see the shorter cool down really being useful is learning new content allowing you to use it basically every attempt but not sure I really want the extra repair bill either.

I completely agree with Pearroc's comments and spec (except where he shuns us LHW devotees, QQ). If you absolutely cannot live with Reincarnation, then dropping points in Elemental Weapons would seem to be the way to go. Dropping Tidal Force will only net you 1 point, which isn't going to make a whole heck of a difference. However, skipping Healing Focus when you're arguing that you need more res opportunities per hour, (meaning you didn't have the time to heal yourself prior to your death), would seem to be counterproductive, especially if you don't regularly have Imp Conc aura for your group.

The larger issue, however, is that getting Imp Reincarnation because you die frequently is simply treating a symptom (you're dead and unable to heal), of a much larger problem (you dying in the first place). Progression content or not, healers should be the last to die.

bad shamans in this thread : / Tidal force rocks.

spending talents because you plan to die

seems bad to me
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    bad shamans in this thread : / Tidal force rocks.
    I do find it useful to give my "oh sh*t" button a little more oomph. Tying in Nature's Swiftness with Tidal Force and Chain Heal (I generally heal the melee, Healing Wave otherwise.) The cooldowns don't coincide... though, generally it works out that I only need to use it once every 3 min.

Snatching two points from Tidal Focus is something most of us shamans can live with. I don't take Imp. Reincarnation because I want to die, but because I don't run OOM. If I ever run OOM it's probably my bad (bad Mana Tide timing, wrong gear set, wrong healer lineup, undergeared tank). Going from 5% mana cost reduction to 3% isn't really a huge difference.

Imp. Reincarnation isn't a horrible, useless talent, but a nice utility talent, which doesn't force us to sacrifice an important talent. 20% more healt/mana is huge in raids (AoE and stuff) and the short cooldown can be nice for progression fights/learning fights and the occasional 5 man reincarnate which saves the day.

Also, the extremely short cooldown has changed the way I handle Reincarnation. When I die in a raid, I usually waited for my raid leader to request a reincarnation. A short cooldown makes me automatically use Reincarnation in every raid situation if I have the slightest hint of hope, that this could be successful. Yes, this leads to a higher repair bill. All in all, I'm someone who doesn't stand in the fire too often. If I do though, I love to have the opportunity to pop back. I don't think this is encouraging bad play but a way to make a single error hurt less in a boss fight.

Bashing Reincarnation for encouraging bad play is like saying Brezz is bad because it encourages people dying. Honestly, most of us fail more often than we admit. Every tool which brings people back from the dead, is a nice way to iron out unnecessary errors and (sometimes) avoid the whole wipe-thingy.
    Shields Up! - Another Resto Shaman Blog

One day before the patch was released i was thinking the same, is it worth to skill imp reinc for progression raids, but honestly its exactly what vixens said. Im most of the time the last man standing. If i died in the beginning of a try it was most of the time a tank death. So the net win is, i dont need to fly as a ghost and can reinc after a wipe. So less moments it feels handy.
    Seriously i wouldnt spec into this talent. If you feel like you didnt used tidal force alot, just get used to it. Not every fight needs an emergency ability. Its also a manareturn if youre running oom and a 100% rebuff on your tanks, if you know the next spike is comming. It is nice, just use it. Well if you say, you dont need a manareturn, because youre never running oom, sock more haste or get in general a better itemisation.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by vixsin
    I completely agree with Pearroc's comments and spec (except where he shuns us LHW devotees, QQ). If you absolutely cannot live with Reincarnation, then dropping points in Elemental Weapons would seem to be the way to go. Dropping Tidal Force will only net you 1 point, which isn't going to make a whole heck of a difference. However, skipping Healing Focus when you're arguing that you need more res opportunities per hour, (meaning you didn't have the time to heal yourself prior to your death), would seem to be counterproductive, especially if you don't regularly have Imp Conc aura for your group.

The larger issue, however, is that getting Imp Reincarnation because you die frequently is simply treating a symptom (you're dead and unable to heal), of a much larger problem (you dying in the first place). Progression content or not, healers should be the last to die.

Haha to be honest I rarely use Healing Wave compared to Lesser healing wave. But I do find it brilliantly useful when the tank drops to low, at a 1.2-1.3 cast time its near the same as lhw and alot more effient then 2lhw. Also props for the blog, brilliant read so far, I wish I had the time/effort to do somthing like this. Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by drug
    Snatching two points from Tidal Focus is something most of us shamans can live with. I don't take Imp. Reincarnation because I want to die, but because I don't run OOM. If I ever run OOM it's probably my bad (bad Mana Tide timing, wrong gear set, wrong healer lineup, undergeared tank). Going from 5% mana cost reduction to 3% isn't really a huge difference.

Imp. Reincarnation isn't a horrible, useless talent, but a nice utility talent, which doesn't force us to sacrifice an important talent. 20% more healt/mana is huge in raids (AoE and stuff) and the short cooldown can be nice for progression fights/learning fights and the occasional 5 man reincarnate which saves the day.

Also, the extremely short cooldown has changed the way I handle Reincarnation. When I die in a raid, I usually waited for my raid leader to request a reincarnation. A short cooldown makes me automatically use Reincarnation in every raid situation if I have the slightest hint of hope, that this could be successful. Yes, this leads to a higher repair bill. All in all, I'm someone who doesn't stand in the fire too often. If I do though, I love to have the opportunity to pop back. I don't think this is encouraging bad play but a way to make a single error hurt less in a boss fight.

Bashing Reincarnation for encouraging bad play is like saying Brezz is bad because it encourages people dying. Honestly, most of us fail more often than we admit. Every tool which brings people back from the dead, is a nice way to iron out unnecessary errors and (sometimes) avoid the whole wipe-thingy.
    Some very good points.
    The big problem I would find by taking it is that its a spell I use to little for it to be worth taking. On my anub spec I do take it and totally reconmend taking it there.
    Anub spec example: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hZ0xxGZxbeuIeoxorhRt:Lqs