Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Badge costs concern

Isn't it more like 39 a week total, right now (factoring out the 4-5 from Toravon, presently)?

If you're consistent, it tallies at:

Random Heroic: 14
    Weekly raid: 5
    IcC-10/25: 20
    and when Toravon's available: 4-5.

It'll be far more as the raid opens up.
    A voice replied...

"Not by the hair on my Wrynny chin chin."

And then Varian Chintercepted Garrosh's cast, then sliced the orcs head off. 24 hours later he was found riding Deathwing over Orgrimmar, burning the city to the ground, laughing maniacally.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Safter
    It sound kinda fair to me.

But did i miss something? When is the "Heroic" mode available. I heard that you have to clear the instance on normal mode to be allowed to enter it on heroic. Is that true? If it IS true, then the emblem problem should be wiped out. 72 emblems from ICC only
    yeh blizzard wante ot keep us bussie atleast 6 months in IC ^^
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Necket
    Aawh poor casual can't get his epix quick enough

Blizzard, can you pls give these poor casuals more "free" epix (including me )
    Ok, ok, I'll bite.

You, Mr Troll, are retarded.
    Emblems of Frost are required for everyone, hardcore raiders included, if they want to get T10. Which, for most classes, is vital until you get 4/5.

Not everyone can join a PuG and steal some random ICC epics without having a clue of what stats are best, or how set bonuses affect your performance, just like you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

I dunno, I kinda like his idea. More free epix blizz or I'll cancel! That'll show em. lol

Seriously though, I figure I'll need upwards of 600 emblems just for my dps set. Most of the badge gear is better than what actually drops in the instance especially since you'll need 4 piece to stay competitive with the other dps. Sadly though it seems I'll have to dedicate my first T10 set to tanking which is still fine with me since I probably won't have to stack stam for a good 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain
    Isn't it more like 39 a week total, right now (factoring out the 4-5 from Toravon, presently)?

If you're consistent, it tallies at:

Random Heroic: 14
    Weekly raid: 5
    IcC-10/25: 20
    and when Toravon's available: 4-5.

It'll be far more as the raid opens up.
    There's currently 4 bosses up in ICC, each dropping 2 emblems, so 16 from ICC10/25

Quote Originally Posted by sparks
    Then I hit lfg thing and the first instance I was in was heroic The Forge of Souls
    Wait I haven't even done this on reg yet.
    But we did it and it worked.
    Hitting random ignores all the standard rules for instancing. You can repeat the same heroic over again, you can do the new instances out of order (ie before you complete the quest unlocking each), heck the other day I did gundrak twice inside of an hour. The point is blizzard wants people to hit random so folks who want to do a specific instance will fill up quickly. This couldn't happen if the system took into account things like lockout timers and whether or not you've done a quest to unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    Ok, ok, I'll bite.

You, Mr Troll, are retarded.
    Emblems of Frost are required for everyone, hardcore raiders included, if they want to get T10. Which, for most classes, is vital until you get 4/5.
    I think his point was that it is a very "casual" mindset to want the loot on a faster timeline. I tend to agree, however I am capable of communicating with other human beings in ways that wouldn't get me punched in the face were we face to face in real life.

Based on 35 badges per week it would take three months to collect 5/5 tier 10. This in and of itself sounds a little long however it is far from unreasonable. I've waited longer for items to drop in the past at other content levels. The fact that we won't be at 35 badges per week for very long only improves the situation and speeds up the timeline.

Complaining about the time it would take to get badges to fully gear yourself up for your main and off spec is silly.

Lastly, tier10 gear is utter overkill for anything currently in the game, even current tier10 content. Getting this gear is not vital, it's not necessary, it's laughable in a way. This gear is not needed unless you plan to do hard modes and if blizzard sticks to a one month timeline per wing you'll probably have 5/5 T10 (or really 4/5 if you're smart) before Arthas is even unlocked. There's no reason to be in a hurry.

Don't get me wrong, would I like to get badges faster? Sure, who wouldn't? This situation is what it is however and while it's a little on the slow side to start it could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Teran
    Hitting random ignores all the standard rules for instancing. You can repeat the same heroic over again, you can do the new instances out of order (ie before you complete the quest unlocking each), heck the other day I did gundrak twice inside of an hour. The point is blizzard wants people to hit random so folks who want to do a specific instance will fill up quickly. This couldn't happen if the system took into account things like lockout timers and whether or not you've done a quest to unlock it.

I think his point was that it is a very "casual" mindset to want the loot on a faster timeline. I tend to agree, however I am capable of communicating with other human beings in ways that wouldn't get me punched in the face were we face to face in real life.

Based on 35 badges per week it would take three months to collect 5/5 tier 10. This in and of itself sounds a little long however it is far from unreasonable. I've waited longer for items to drop in the past at other content levels. The fact that we won't be at 35 badges per week for very long only improves the situation and speeds up the timeline.

Complaining about the time it would take to get badges to fully gear yourself up for your main and off spec is silly.

Lastly, tier10 gear is utter overkill for anything currently in the game, even current tier10 content. Getting this gear is not vital, it's not necessary, it's laughable in a way. This gear is not needed unless you plan to do hard modes and if blizzard sticks to a one month timeline per wing you'll probably have 5/5 T10 (or really 4/5 if you're smart) before Arthas is even unlocked. There's no reason to be in a hurry.

Don't get me wrong, would I like to get badges faster? Sure, who wouldn't? This situation is what it is however and while it's a little on the slow side to start it could be much worse.
    For a bear tank we do not need all five T10 pieces.

We need about 535 EoF for 4T10, 5 Primordial Saronite for the boots, cloak, and belt.

Depending on your current gear level (say you're sporting 258 tier), you probably won't even wear your T10 until you can upgrade it to 264. If you want to wear T10 with stats below your current gear, it's probably because you want the set bonus. Personally, I won't really want to wear the first level of T10 for tanking until I can upgrade it, so I'm not in any particular rush to collect it all.

Besides, with how the current content is, there's really no reason to upgrade tier. I'm pretty sure no one's sitting around waiting until they can buy their first piece of T10 before they actually kill bosses in ICC. =P
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I actually think i get my tiers very very fast. I can buy one piece next week already with only 4 bosses available. Before hardmodes get released i will probably be in full T10 and if i am lucky they are upgraded already.
    But i just compare to TBC raids without emblems.

In toc 25 we sold trophies to NPC's because no one needed them. Not even for offspecs. And i had almost 200 emblems left just before ICC was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Auroro
    For a bear tank we do not need all five T10 pieces.

We need about 535 EoF for 4T10, 5 Primordial Saronite for the boots, cloak, and belt.
    Yes I am aware of this. I did not know if the op had based calculations on buying 5 pieces or 4.

Teran, after this first month lockout blues have stated that they will be releasing wings faster. I can't be sure but I think it was going to be a week a wing, maybe 2. The currently delay is (imo) a cross between bugfixing other released content and (in blue) the holidays coming up. I gotta say I'm happy they aren't releasing the lich king jan 5th since I'm still gonna be outta town skiing XD.

Personally, I'm figuring on a new wing every 3 weeks.

Jan 5
    Jan 26
    Feb 16

Slight possibility of Arthas not being available until early March. But that's just me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee
    Personally, I'm figuring on a new wing every 3 weeks.

Jan 5
    Jan 26
    Feb 16

Slight possibility of Arthas not being available until early March. But that's just me.
    You're probably right about this. I can't see them pushing Arthas out anytime soon.

As noted in game, the release of the Plagueworks in Icecrown Citadel occurs 28 days after patch 3.3.0 was released. After the Plagueworks is available, you will then wait less than 28 days for the next wing to become active. The extended length of the initial 28 day delay is simply due to the timing of the Holidays.

In other news, the initial number of attempts to defeat the major bosses at the end of each wing of Icecrown Citadel has been increased by 5. This means you’ll have 10 attempts for Professor Putricide, 15 attempts when The Crimson Halls are available, then 20 when the Frostwing Halls becomes attackable.
    Went and found the blue, guess they didn't specify how long. I sure hope it isn't 3 weeks.