Poll: Should there be an Material like Ink ? to create a different outside look

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Let there be INK, to customize your own gear

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    I voted yes but.....

Do you really think Aion was the first to have Ink?
    I voted yes also because I enjoyed the option back when I played Dark Age of Chamelot. I doubt they even came up with the idea. Not sure what this Aion business is.

Ultima Online back in the 90's allowed you to dye your gear. And it was awesome. Aion has it now and many other games have had it or have it. It's quite a simple thing to implement, i'm actually quite surprised that Blizzard has not implemented it yet. It would certainly add some flavor to gear, especially stuff like ToC tier gear. I vote get it in asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Nehhmo
    first mistake. majority counts, also ink would change the colors of following tier sets. in my opinion great idea, would more be a copy of guild wars then aion i think. but i mean look at the t10 priest set ... green, purple and mixture of white and blue, i mean wut?
    How was voicing his opinion a mistake? His means just as much as yours. And mine. And everyone elses.

I voted No, I like the gear as it is.

PM Signature Requests: Closed / Queue: 0 / My Work! / Tutorial!

Thanks for informing me about the subject that Aion wasnt the first Mmo which had the ink idea ingame.

After all i typed in Aion as an subject where i think mostly about ,cause of some good m8's in the guild left, to play that game >

anyway, 94 voted yes,
    and 39 voted no

I remember when I played Guild Wars (given to me, free to play so I had to at least try it) and I had my first ink pot drop. I was like "Nice" so I dyed my pants orange and blue (only two I had). It dyed only certain parts, as the orange was applied to the "main" color and the blue was applied to the "trim" color.

It would be a very easy thing to implement, but problem is the time it would take to do so.
    WoW has a couple more items than the other games (yes, sarcasm is fun) and editing the database to make said items editable would be more time consuming than it's worth.

Plus, I agree with whatever poster said about orc warriors and hot pink...

15+ Year Old Account

I wish this to come but oone exceptoin...
    limited colours ... i mean... if i see pink wearing gnome DK i will jump out of window
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

this would solve the problems of people not liking the colour of their gear (tbc much) and would also make your characters much more customizable, its sucky to see so many people wearing the same gear as you and i think this would be a nice idea to change that

10+ Year Old Account

This had better be for Inscription - it'd be the only thing there is a relatively constant demand for except Dark Moon Card : Greatness and making any cards of that deck suck - fucking RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by antifreeze
    Mister kid who see only aion and wow in his life, no inks arent aions invitation. If u understand me
    i wanna be invited too. :-[
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Quote Originally Posted by Snownova
    I'd really like it if they added something that would let an item look like another item that you have in your possession. Stacking with regular enchants ofc. This way people could, for example, "enchant" their T9 to look like the old T2 they have in their banks, but still keep the stats.
    Quoted for teh win.

I really like this idea,at least it`d be another reason to buy old armor/weapons.I can already see myself wearing t6 (pally) or the set that was released with 3.0. (that is differently coloured t2) and the old pvp sword/mace. ^^

P.S. Go post this on the suggestions forum.NAO.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Ink would be very good to implement.
    Hard to do though...

Just a different Hue, different color-tones, selections or inversion?

I could perhaps want a boot with a certain line yellow. Or maybe the entire boot black.
    But a really good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by MickM
    Ink would be very good to implement.
    Hard to do though...

Just a different Hue, different color-tones, selections or inversion?

I could perhaps want a boot with a certain line yellow. Or maybe the entire boot black.
    But a really good idea!
    id imagine it to be a primary/secondary/etc color change if they implemented it. I would not be opposed of this. could get several professions together to work this out. blacksmiths color plate leatherworks make the dyes for leather/mail and tailors for cloth. materials can be developed by alchemy and inscription perhaps? not sure, just tossing it out there.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Blizzard has gone way too far with gear homogenization. It was required to some extent, yes, but WoTLK was fairly ridiculous with how many pieces looked identical or were identical. Bringing in some new factors, such as inks and designs, would definitely broaden the field and make the game more appeasing and less of a bore to look at.

No..just no. Or I would only go for this if it cost 5k per recoloring...and then if it rained...it got washed away.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair
    id imagine it to be a primary/secondary/etc color change if they implemented it. I would not be opposed of this. could get several professions together to work this out. blacksmiths color plate leatherworks make the dyes for leather/mail and tailors for cloth. materials can be developed by alchemy and inscription perhaps? not sure, just tossing it out there.
    Or perhaps preset color schemes made by blizzard in 12 different colors including white and black.
    Good idea about the alchemy.

Then, green die can be turned into green ink using some other reagent or material made by inscribers and then the leatherworkers or blacksmither or tailorers can tint their gear with that.

10+ Year Old Account

It worked pretty well in Guild Wars, so, in theory, this could work for WoW as well. Therefore I voted yes.

Though, the sheer number of orc warriors running around in pink armor this would bring as a result scares me...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolts
    everyone would color all of their gear black.
    Disagree, mine would be red, maybe blue.
    Cataclysm has dropped loot. [The Horde]
    Saurfang rolls 56.
    Thrall rolls 1.
    Vol'Jin rolls 43.
    Mankrik rolls 90.
    Garrosh rolls 100.
    Garrosh has recieved loot. [The Horde]

shamanvspaladin.wordpress.com

Would be so lol ;D
    But still, no, I think sets should just be as they are.

Just to everyone who's saying "BUT THEY'LL BE COPYING (Random MMO name)" These types of games have been copying each other for a long time. I don't really need to think of examples because there's SO damn many that nearly any feature you think of will be in another MMO ( And if not, it will be soon )

As for the inks, yeh it's a great idea a little more customisation is always a good thing, unfortunatly with the lack of creativity the majority of players will be going black-black-black. Just look at guild wars, the ink with the most value is Black.

With there being a lot more armor in wow however i feel that only higher level peices should be able to be coloured (219 epics+) Just because it's so easy to these items now.

aye, can only reply back and say that its a super idea, ive played guild wars since it came out, even when it was in alpha beta close to a year before release, and it was super cool that you could colur your armors etc etc the way you wanted it, and atm i havent played Gw for atleast a year, but told by a good friend of mine you can now combine colors and such /dyes, W/e they are called.

and im quite sure it would fit perfecly well in wow.
    I am the Warrior.

I have no friends on my journey. No walkers of the void, summoned from the Nether as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my weapon. I must care for it better than any hunter has ever cared for his beast. I must master it more than any warlock has ever mastered his demon. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.