Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Farming Battered Hilt as Ele

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated
    I'll have to glyph Thunderstorm then, if I don't TS the skeletons and let the magma/nova kill them while I try to control the elite, then the skeletons won't be tagged and I won't be able to loot them.
    Fire Nova does tag enemies, magma does not, since fire nova is now "castable". Can't say for sure if it works on the skeles in there because I haven't tried yet, but I do know that it tags enemies outside instances. I see no reason why it wouldn't work inside as well.

CANT DO THIS ANYMORE . -

ok , i got this 5min before the servers went down .

my tactic as elemental shaman .

enter instance, go to the left side, put totems , grounding, earthbind, TOW . and whatever u like .

attack skeletons with a CL , and have a interrupt on the elite . cast a flame shock on a not-tagged skeleton, run and use fire nova when they pass the TOW , reput earthind totem, thunderstorm when needed, keep putting grounding down also, keep running out . if u need interrupt the elite if he's to close . run out . loot

go to the right side, put all ur totems again . focus on the elite . interrupt it and keep grounding up all the time, CL it fire nova'ing & thunderstorm to finish the adds, kill the elite after some zzzzz time , dont fail on grounding & interupts .loot , do same as first tactic on the patrolling pack = win .
    we're a hybrid class, dont be scared of using ur heals ! u dont want to get melee'd by the elite much , and u dont want him to cast 2x bolts on u in a row or u'll get zerged.

u could also just use the first tactic on the right pack but then u cant do the 3th pack , so thats up to you.

3th reset and i got it if anyone was wondering, GL ! ( i'm sooo luckyyy)

EDIT : seems that fire nova now tags the mobs so just so you know . thx Primaryjane

See latest fixe...too bad, I killed hundreds of skeletons yesterday. No drop, but now the fun is over

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Terminated
    See latest fixe...too bad, I killed hundreds of skeletons yesterday. No drop, but now the fun is over
    ...but now the drop rate increased from all other mobs!
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

yep, they no longer drop the hilt...but the increase in other mobs should make this item easier to obtain.

Quote from: Bornakk (Source)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

12/15/09

* Quel’Delar in now unique equip.
    * Naxxramas can now be cleared in any order for the Immortal and Undying achievements.
    * The drop rate for the Battered Hilt has been increased.
    * The Skeletal Slave in the Pit of Saron has had the ability to drop the Battered Hilt and other random drop epics removed.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental