Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Slap of the Lich King to Prot

...we still forced to play with alts, trio ICC made things worse...can we have cataclysm now please?

Re: Slap of the Lich King to Prot

If you can't tank H HoR as a warrior, you're a WotLK tank. Disarm the footmen/rifleman, shield bash a caster, gag order a caster, charge something and conc blow it, intercept back, fear bomb if you have to, bla bla. You have the tools to be successful. When shockwave and TC are on CD, what do you do? Wait? Learn to use your entire arsenal of abilities! Consecrate is a crutch!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by awake2830
    If you can't tank H HoR as a warrior, you're a WotLK tank. Disarm the footmen/rifleman, shield bash a caster, gag order a caster, bla bla. You have the tools to be successful. Stop spamming TC and Shockwave and learn to use your entire arsenal of abilities! Consecrate is a crutch!

This ^
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

The only problems I've had in Heroic Halls of Reflection is due to triggerhappy DPS.
    Me sorry. Not do bad again, honest. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jadè
    The only problems I've had in Heroic Halls of Reflection is due to triggerhappy DPS.
    I also get irritated when dps stuns the casters in the gauntlet, so therefore they stand in, or even behind arthas' aoe and spam shadowbolts. God forbid a mage CS or a shaman shock or a DK use DG correctly or a hunter silencing shot or a warlock felhunter CS or or or or or

As a Shaman healer, i team up a lot with a friend who's a pro warrior tank. He tanks in prot spec but with dps gear, pulling about 4 to 5k as average dps during instances. He has no problem with grabbing adds during any of the instances, HoR being the hardest but he still manages without any real problems. Just get 1 dps to CC a caster, so one of those isn't gonna be a problem, and u should be able to pick up the rest.

If you can't tank H HoR as a warrior, you're a WotLK tank. Disarm the footmen/rifleman, shield bash a caster, gag order a caster, charge something and conc blow it, intercept back, fear bomb if you have to, bla bla. You have the tools to be successful. When shockwave and TC are on CD, what do you do? Wait? Learn to use your entire arsenal of abilities! Consecrate is a crutch!
    Something like this yeah. That friends flies through the instances, being all over the place. He actually doesn't like tanking as other classes, thinks warrior is by far the most fun to play

Warriors that don't love to use all the tools at their disposal will not be very successful.
    EU|Dragonmaw|Alliance|Glittersmith

WHY do i HAVE to be imba, running around like mad, using ALL my CDs in PERFECT timing, no space for ANY mistake, to do just an average hc instance run, while other tanks are doing the SAME thing, half the gear , half the tanking experience, with one hand behind their back?

And my complaints aren't for 5mans hcs only.Its the generall attention blizz show us at every damn patch.We DO have problems, we DO need changes, and at every patch what we get? the same "we don't have evidence enough that warriors lacking towards other classes..."Doesn't blizz actually try to think a bit, instead of replying the same false thing over and over again to those hundred posts, to be troubled WHY there are a hundred of those posts saying the same over and over?Hense the tittle, it doesn't go to 3.3 only , it goes to this expansion as total (assuming , trusting blizz that was the last major content patch...but with blizz you can never be sure).

The class has old CORE mechanics.Rage generation, threat on next attack, long and few oh snap Cds , stances (wut?...we still have stances?really?) just to name a few.
    When pallies had problems , they revamped them.When they again had problems they revamped them more to deliberately cause massive pain on pvp to appease the mob.

WHEN warriors will get their so needed revamp?What?Never?Cry more?...i thought so myself...

No big deal anyways, just wanted to get some things out of me.I enjoying playing my alt these days, since they rejected my main in my guild as tank (but to think that i was their main tank for all these years, at every damn raid, every day, to swap me just like this...it hurts).I will wait for cataclysm....patiently...

Quote Originally Posted by manio22
    WHY do i HAVE to be imba, running around like mad, using ALL my CDs in PERFECT timing, no space for ANY mistake, to do just an average hc instance run, while other tanks are doing the SAME thing, half the gear , half the tanking experience, with one hand behind their back?
    Because its so much more fun than any other tanking class of course. And you are severely overstating how much easier the other tanks have it to do these heroics, might be a shock to you but they will still have to group up the mobs to effectively tank whilst battling against the triggerhappy dps just as you do, all this when some of the other classes have way smaller arsenal of tools. Especially bears comes to mind, only one charge, no aoe stun, no ranged silence etc etc.

Wait for it............. Here it comes!.........

L2p

Quote Originally Posted by Syrex
    L2prot
    Fixed and agreed.

clearly u werent playing in TBC...

warriors are the best tanks for HdR

and HdR is not an "average" heroic. go gundrak if hdr is to hard
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Seriously tho, l2play. If you don't like playing a warrior, and doing the warrior things, then do as you said and play another class. Don't trivialize warriors and the fun I have playing as one because you can't press your buttons fast enough.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Syrex
    L2p
    nuf sed!

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Not sure why you think it's easier for othe classes you have the same or similar tools to those, DK's migh have a slight advantage but that's all the difference I see.
    Warriors don't really have an AoE they just lay down and forget. That's the key difference. Bad Warriors expect Blizzard to hand them one of these. Good Warriors use the tools they have, even if it's more involving and in some cases, complicated. But it's far from impossible. Some people (like myself) consider Warrior tanking to be a lot more fun (granted the only other tanks I have tanked with are Druid (minimally) and a DK)

I wouldn't be so quick to blame DPS either. Sure, there's some asshats that don't attack the tanks target etc, but too many times have I seen Warriors pulling 1000 TPS (yes, at 80) and whining that the Mage doing a paltry 2500 DPS is stealing aggro. DPS need to watch, but tanks also need to not suck if you want a good run. Everyone's involved and pointing fingers usually just makes you look like a fool.

The bottom line is, if you think Warrior tanking is too much, or not enough, then reroll something you consider easier, or more fun. Obviously you're not enjoying Warrior if you feel compelled to start whine threads and believe Warriors are obsolete.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

I think the point is that othe classes have a lot easier time In HoR then Warriors and druids for that matter. We do have to work twice as hard as the other classes. That isn't a L2P issue that is class differnce issue. You can say L2P all you want but the instance is not impossible for a warrior its just a hell of a lot easier for pally or a DK.

I really think the moral to this thread is that to be successful, you have to maximize your mobility and wider array of abilities. We're not Paladins, and we don't want to be.

And for the people saying "Yea, well, regardless, it's twice as hard for warriors." Well, that means it's twice as rewarding right? Doesn't anyone want to take pride in being one of the warriors out there that doesn't fail at HoR? No challenge, no feeling of accomplishment guys.

I really just think people get discouraged too easily anymore. Suck it up, thicken your skin, and get your ass back in there and try it again.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nidas&n=shelly

That's my armory. I've just come back from a several month hiatus and I just got the new hat (was using tempered Titansteel for the huge health boost it provided before.)

I tanked all 3 new instances last night for the first time and while it wasn't easy and involved a pretty nasty learning curve - especially the first time I did it - I figured out how and rocked it.

If you're not doing well here's a couple things to do:

1. Don't get frustrated, figure out how to play your best with the tools provided.

2. The "nook" method works best, park yourself sort of near to the healer and the enemies will, for the most part, come right to you, but you're still going to have to be paying attention and ready to pick them up.

3. Use your cooldowns if you're having problems.

Good luck, have fun and stop your whining.

I really think the moral to this thread is that to be successful, you have to maximize your mobility and wider array of abilities. We're not Paladins, and we don't want to be.

And for the people saying "Yea, well, regardless, it's twice as hard for warriors." Well, that means it's twice as rewarding right? Doesn't anyone want to take pride in being one of the warriors out there that doesn't fail at HoR? No challenge, no feeling of accomplishment guys.

I really just think people get discouraged too easily anymore. Suck it up, thicken your skin, and get your ass back in there and try it again.
    I needed to hear this. HoR has been frustrating the *$%& out of me. I don't like that I see pallys drop their Ronco "Set it and Forget It Threat Generator" so that no one runs past them and sticks something sharp and jagged into their clothie. Tclap isnt persistent that way. Other class tanks, I'm convinced, have it easier for that fight. But that doesnt mean I need to bitch about it or wait for Blizz to show warriors some love. I need to go from being a good WotlK tank, which I feel I am, to a good ICC tank.

/appreciate

cf