Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Slap of the Lich King to Prot

My friend who hasn't played since Ulduar (mid way, maybe) came back yesterday and tanked all three heroic perfectly. With the DPS doing 4k onwards, so not sure what your problem is. Learn to tank more than Patchwerk?

15+ Year Old Account

Op dont forget to put Vigilance on a dps..
    you are most likely one of the few warrior ive seen who couldnt keep agro in full tier 9, But a ToC 5man heroic warrior could..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcas
    clearly u werent playing in TBC...
    oh yah i feel bad for all of you who were playing at the time.. Tbc heroic were better, ya right the guy who said that werent tanking!

Owh yeah Warrior tanks have it hard with all their intterupt abilities,

Try A Bear, I mean i am not complaining I can tank HoR without much troubles, But if we have 2 mage, or Mage / rifleman up. I have 1 1min CD to get them to me.

and NO swipe doesn't not have a range that covers the entire room like some people believe.

If you want hard tanking HoR the first part. Try a druid.

(We got it easy on the second part though, swipe swipe swiperde swipe)

if you can't handle heroic hor, you clearly didn't play prot warrior pre 3.0. so many people turned to prot after tps went faceroll in bc, and ruined the reputation of warrior tanks in wotlk. l2p, or gtfo :>

I totally understand the issues warriors may be having with tanking HoR. I recently picked up my tank again after not using him for over a year, and had to break my mindset of sunder everything in sight and TC and its gg.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Untouchabull

I actually am enjoying the spec I chose...wanting to go after a more damaging cleave to keep threat up on multiple mobs while still using TC and SW. The hardest thing for me TBH is remembering that Intercept and Charge are my best friends. Trigger happy dps also has been a problem, and I recently picked up Quickmark. I've just been telling dps "don't touch a damn thing till you see a skull" and since then the healers have been staying alive much better =)

/cry. Wait, every tanking clas in the game isn't exactly the same? Seriously, with people always complaining about what their class is bad at, and never looking at what they can do to be better at their class, we are only a few patches away from tanks all being exactly the same, healers being the same and dps being the same. As it is Blizzard has taken away a lot of the uniqueness of each class.

You know its funny, I actually see these instances as what makes a warrior tank shine.

How many ways to druids have to group up multiple casters.

Sure a DK can pull in 1 caster but what if there are two?

Sure Pally's/DK's have set and forget AOE's, but when/if a healer starts falling behind we can shockwave the group to give the healer a little time to catch up.

I have only done the place with 1 other tank, and it was a DK, and by far I felt I had the utility while I was tanking they were lacking to make the run a lot more smooth.

Do the instances make you work a little bit? ya sure, but ask a healer how much harder it is for them. Personally I enjoy the new instances tanking a lot more then any of the old ones, you get ilvl 232 gear it shouldn't be as easy as an instance that drops ilvl 200 gear.

I'm also a wotlk warrior tank, but as the other people said, you're ignorant to ignore several or even one ability. From my experience pugging HoR its not bad at all as a warrior.

We have SW and TC which for burst threat can hardly be beat, and what's more the stuns of SW gives you immense control ability. Spell reflect and using intervene and intercept instead of just only charge ~..~ make a bit difference, and with shield bash and HT its really not that hard to pick up 4-5 mobs.

The hardest thing about HoR is just not having a person get one shot before u get aggro, but if you position the camera correctly its easy to see when and where enemies are coming from and bloodrage will likely be up should you encounter a shortage of rage between packs. the cd on TC and SW isn't that long at all and if you really struggle with aoe, pick up the cleaving and sunder glyphs.

the only thing that's really been a 'challenge' in wrath so far for us has been tanking anub adds which can be difficult in terms of both relying on others' tricks/md being good and also your gear being block/unhittable capped.

Stand behind Falric before the mobs start coming he is standing in a doorway and you can easily LoS every mob in the room forcing them to get into melee range for your thunderclap assuming everyone can follow directions.

well i haven't mucked around with the new shit
    so i have two comments/questions

1) learn to play your class to it's best, you have the tools, use them

2) are the mobs giving you problems immune to CC or has everyone just forgotten what CC is?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by chibs
    Owh yeah Warrior tanks have it hard with all their intterupt abilities,

Try A Bear, I mean i am not complaining I can tank HoR without much troubles, But if we have 2 mage, or Mage / rifleman up. I have 1 1min CD to get them to me.

and NO swipe doesn't not have a range that covers the entire room like some people believe.

If you want hard tanking HoR the first part. Try a druid.

(We got it easy on the second part though, swipe swipe swiperde swipe)
    No you don't, Bash stun lasts longer than the interrupt, just like Feral Charge. Ferals have no abilities allowing for the reposition of stunnable/rootable casters. The Nook method is the only way to tank the place without ragequitting, imo.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by calibansfury
    I don't like that I see pallys drop their Ronco "Set it and Forget It Threat Generator"
    Made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by bone123
    warriors are the best tanks for HdR

and HdR is not an "average" heroic. go gundrak if hdr is to hard
    WTF is HdR? It's clearly not a typo because you say it 3 times. What, Hall of Da Reflections? zz...
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Quote Originally Posted by manio22
    WHY do i HAVE to be imba, running around like mad, using ALL my CDs in PERFECT timing, no space for ANY mistake, to do just an average hc instance run, while other tanks are doing the SAME thing, half the gear , half the tanking experience, with one hand behind their back?

And my complaints aren't for 5mans hcs only.Its the generall attention blizz show us at every damn patch.We DO have problems, we DO need changes, and at every patch what we get? the same "we don't have evidence enough that warriors lacking towards other classes..."Doesn't blizz actually try to think a bit, instead of replying the same false thing over and over again to those hundred posts, to be troubled WHY there are a hundred of those posts saying the same over and over?Hense the tittle, it doesn't go to 3.3 only , it goes to this expansion as total (assuming , trusting blizz that was the last major content patch...but with blizz you can never be sure).

The class has old CORE mechanics.Rage generation, threat on next attack, long and few oh snap Cds , stances (wut?...we still have stances?really?) just to name a few.
    When pallies had problems , they revamped them.When they again had problems they revamped them more to deliberately cause massive pain on pvp to appease the mob.

WHEN warriors will get their so needed revamp?What?Never?Cry more?...i thought so myself...

No big deal anyways, just wanted to get some things out of me.I enjoying playing my alt these days, since they rejected my main in my guild as tank (but to think that i was their main tank for all these years, at every damn raid, every day, to swap me just like this...it hurts).I will wait for cataclysm....patiently...
    Now that's purely a l2p issue. Nothing else. Learn to play and focus on trying to be a better player instead of crying about bullshit things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxthegreat
    No you don't, Bash stun lasts longer than the interrupt, just like Feral Charge. Ferals have no abilities allowing for the reposition of stunnable/rootable casters. The Nook method is the only way to tank the place without ragequitting, imo.
    Stunning the mob's isn't the issue, its being able to silence the casters and reposition them (or come to you with heroic throw)

Heck the first time I was there we didn't even know the nooks with the bosses had area's to LoS in, so we just tanked in the middle, which no other class could do.

Do you really think a druid has more utility to tank this fight?

I'm a slightly above average tank...but definitely not great, and I had no problems, once CC and assists started happening.

Glyph cleave and start using it on multi packs if you're having problems holding mobs. Spell reflect generates aggro on ranged, heroic throw to silence them and pull them into range for shockwave...Tclap...and 3 target cleave....ezymode.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted

Am i seeing this right? a warrior with about 60 cooldowns and interupts on retardadly small CDs - is complaining he wants a un needed re-vamp cause he cant tank HOR?... wow, just wow..

Try tanking HOR room with a non warrior tank , then ull see how easy u have it.

From a healer's perspective, it's nice to see the return of the swagger that pre 3.0 warrior tanks had. H HoR really makes a confident warrior turn into a Rembrandt.

That said:

Quote Originally Posted by calibansfury
    I needed to hear this. HoR has been frustrating the *$%& out of me. I don't like that I see pallys drop their Ronco "Set it and Forget It Threat Generator" so that no one runs past them and sticks something sharp and jagged into their clothie. Tclap isnt persistent that way. Other class tanks, I'm convinced, have it easier for that fight. But that doesnt mean I need to bitch about it or wait for Blizz to show warriors some love. I need to go from being a good WotlK tank, which I feel I am, to a good ICC tank.

/appreciate

cf
    If you were on my server, I would heal for you until your eyes bleed. I don't care how often we wipe, I don't care how long it takes. The only thing better than a good tank is a tank that really desires to improve. If it takes 50 tries until you've nailed it, then so be it. You have my respect.
    Casual Vs. Hardcore?
    It's a false dichotomy, premised on a noobish attempt at a dialectic argument, whereby people can vent their various prejudices by creating what's known as a "straw man" against which to contrast their theoretically superior moral character.

Well I guess I'll throw my 2 cents into this whole thing. Although my current main is an Elemental Shammy my previous main for TBC and much of WoTLK (Pre 3.2) was a warrior tank. I still don't know why people are complaining so hard about warriors tanks. I consider myself to be an above average player and take pride in learning my class, or rather classes now. There is nothing I hate more then having everything handed to me because it provides me with little satisfaction. OMG I got leet purple loots! Yeah, that doesn't make me happy. I still think Vanilla WoW was the best for progression, where it took a greater deal of skill and coordination to progress. People complain that 40 people raids are too hard to organize, blah blah blah. Well guess what? We did it for quite some time before 25-man and now 10-man versions came into play. To me, that was much more rewarding then these crappy 10 player ones. Anyways, I'm not sure why I started talking about that.

Back onto the subject of warriors. Do warrior tanks have it the hardest? No. Are warriors tanks the easiest to play? Yes, if you want to suck and read a lot of "L2P newb Tank". As stated many times, warriors tanks have one of the highest (if not highest) learning curves of all the tanking classes. You are rewarded ten-fold though if you truely master it. I for one, am one of those rare warrior tanks that people love. People have told me many times that they're extremely relieved when I tank because they know the run will go much smoother then if someone else tanked. I know how to play, I know how to tank, I know how to use my CD's, I know how to AoE tank, I know how to intervene, I know how to silence, I know how to dodge firewalls, I know how to turn the boss around, I know when and how to move the boss, etc etc etc.... These are simple things i find a lot of tanks don't know how to do, before even looking at if they know how to play their class. I myself have only ever run into one healer who made ME feel extremely safe because he's the best healer I've ever come accross. It's a great feeling to know someone like that (DPS, Tank, or healer alike) and even a greater feeling to know people think that of you.

My advice to all those warriors tanks out there complaining. Take a breath and study the class more. If you want ez-mode tanking, then roll another tanking class (stay away from druids though).

Deleted

Very true there. You cant expect to press 3 buttons and be an imba tank, learn to use ur class properly.

Quote Originally Posted by manio22
    ...we still forced to play with alts, trio ICC made things worse...can we have cataclysm now please?
    If you're struggling to warrior tank in WOTLK then it's time for you to re-roll fury or arms.